Thread: I need some help with some warranty info.

Strawberry (Level 2) Super Mario Fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I need some help with some warranty info.

Two days ago I was playing Animal Crossing: Wild World on my lovely Nintendo DS. I play it quite frequently. So I'm playing having a good time, you know the usual. Then all off a sudden, the DS just shuts off. I charged my unit (the DS that is, sorry :P ) so the battery is not at fault here. I tried charging it, the light goes for a second, then it shuts off. I can't turn it on.

There's the story, now here's the question:

My warranty expired last month, but my DS malfunctioned through no fault of my own, is there anything I can do?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once the DS is out of warranty, anything that happens to the DS is your own responsibility, even if it's a defect. The only exception to this would be if there were a recall due to a faulty part or a class action lawsuit demanding that people be reimbursed for repair charges.

What you can do is call up nintendo and see how much they charge for repairs. Nintendo is usually pretty good about fixing their broken stuff.

Strawberry (Level 2) Super Mario Fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce
    Once the DS is out of warranty, anything that happens to the DS is your own responsibility, even if it's a defect. The only exception to this would be if there were a recall due to a faulty part or a class action lawsuit demanding that people be reimbursed for repair charges.

What you can do is call up nintendo and see how much they charge for repairs. Nintendo is usually pretty good about fixing their broken stuff.
    I did, they're going to charge me $70 fir a remanufactured one, or $82.50 to fix my old one.

However, about a year and a half ago, I was having trouble with my Gamcube, and the guy gave me an extra month, after my warranty had been expired for about a year and a half. I was hoping that the case would be the same here, but no such luck I guess?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you sure its not the batt? Just because you charged it doesnt mean the batt can't just die. The fact that in turns on for a second sounds like a batt problem.

Id find a friend and swap it to double check.

That or if you got an EB close to you bring it in and see if they will sell you the warrenty on it (as used) and then swap it out with a preown one and buy another warrenty for that.

We do that at my EB for people. Unless of course they come off all high and mighty and complete dicks.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I'd definitely try reseating the battery first, and if that doesn't work try getting a replacement battery.