Thread: reply to this thread if you woulf support a saltwater fishin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default reply to this thread if you woulf support a saltwater fishin

greetings

I know of a small dev team that is developing an original saltwater fishing sim for pc. I'm friends with the main artist and the director of the project...anyway The name of the company is glass box, He asked me to talk to people about the game in chat rooms/boards to get a feel of what people want in a fishing game.

The game as of now is beign called "Marine Battle" it's described to me as a saltwater fishing game with a focus on score based gameplay(score based meaning you can upgrade your equimpment with points you earn and points are used to progress) with lots of upgrades and bonus's He says it will feature some interesting ways of fluid and water effects in real time as well as the realtime passage of time in game similar to shenmue or zelda oot.

the starting point in the game is a main hub or a lobby if you will. it's a micro small sea side town with a flyshop where you can buy all sorts of equimpment and items. this is the starting point and this is where you return afer a days fishing.

What do you guys think?? It's not much info but sounds like some interesting stuff....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Com'n speak up! What do you want in a fishing game or what would you like to see in then future?? ....just the same old bass sims?

If you would be interested in a original saltwater/marine fishing sim give me some feedback, a simple yes or no reply is fine.

Any feedback would be very appreciated
    thanks

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Put coelacanths in the game. And arapaimas. Football fish would be great too. Actually, I know a ton of great fish that should be in the game, let me know if you want some more suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoy fishing games that allow me to pick which part of the water I want to fish at, and that recreate where actual fish would be at in those locations. Such as games that give you a boat, and you can choose what part of the lake to be at. Whether near the bank or out in the center.

I don't fish Saltwater, so a small introduction would be cool. Perhaps a book you cna clic on that explains what type of fish recide where. Their peak times, preferable water temperature, and things of that sort.

Just ask your buddies to do their research to make it as believable as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

If executed correctly, I would play it. I like the idea of earning points to upgrade your equipment. For some reason I'm one of those guys that has to have/find/earn/win/purchase EVERY possible weapon/item in a game for it to be complete... Sort of closes the game in a way, at least for me. I was a big fan of the DC bass fishing game, only complaint was there wasn't enough you could do... sort of had a LOW replay value

PSN: SouthRox

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    Put coelacanths in the game. And arapaimas. Football fish would be great too. Actually, I know a ton of great fish that should be in the game, let me know if you want some more suggestions.
    agreed. Sea Bass are necessary as well as Danes. Football fish are a must. If it doesn't have football fish, I ain't buying it. They are big, but well worth the pay off.

(Football fish is GrandAmChandler's favorite fish.) mmmm!
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how guys, thanks fo rthe speedy reply
    keep it up