Thread: Sega Saturn Info Needed

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Saturn Info Needed

I've decided to start a new project. I am going to build a free-standing cabinet/kiosk/display for my newly modded Sega Saturn to be used only with shooting games. In essence it's going to be like a full size Virtua Cop arcade game in my house. I've decided on a TV between 27" and 29", and besides the 2 Stunner guns wired to the system I'm going to have a set of the U.S. orange Stunners, the Europe blue Virtua Guns, and the black Japan Virtua Guns mounted on possible swing open side doors or something of the likes. It will also include artwork from Virtua Cop 1 & 2 and possibly other shooting games. Now I realize that there are other Gun shooting games for the Sega Saturn and that's where I need your help.

I need a complete list of every released US/Europe/Japan released "Light Gun Shooting" game. I'm looking for games that are only Light Gun Shooters. I realize that Scud: The Disposable Assassin is partially a shooting game, but it also requires another player using the controller, so I want just the games that only require Light Gun Shooting.

So far I know of:

Area 51 - US
    Crypt Killer - US
    Death Crimson - JAP Added
    Die Hard Trilogy - US Added
    Jinzuninzen Hakaider: Last Judgement - JAP Added
    House of the Dead - US
    Maximum Force - US
    Mighty Hits - JAP
    Policenauts - JAP Added
    Snatcher - JAP Added
    Virtua Cop - US
    Virtua Cop 2 - US

If a game has a US version along with a European and Japanese version I'm only interested in the US. But if a game wasn't developed for the US, but was for the Eurpoean or Japanese market, I'm looking for it, preferably the Japanese one.

I'd really appreciate any help or info that you fine people may be able to offer. And please no replies with the standard check Google, because I have. I've found some lists, but they also refer to side- or top- scrolling shooter games as shooters and that's not what I'm looking for. Thanks to all in advance.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com
    Home of the Mini ColecoVision

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Death Crimson (Jap), that's all what I can think of.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are some pics of my MODDED Sega Saturn that I made for this project. I'm still looking for more Light Gun shooter titles if anybody knows of any.

I changed the original front lights from red and green to blue and blue.

I also added 2 blue LEDs inside the CD deck for an added enhancement.

I added A/V and S-Video jacks on the VCD door because let's face it, who the hell's ever gonna use it, and besides, I hate proprietary video cables.

Just another view of the rear.

Any more help with Shooter titles is much appreciated. Thanks.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How will you replace the motherboard battery now?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elusive
    How will you replace the motherboard battery now?
    I wired the leads to the jacks with a couple extra inches of wire and the door is still completely removable as originally designed. Just open the door, pop out the old, and slide in the new. The only thing that can't be done anymore is a VCD card installed to watch Video CD's.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doubledownon11
    I added A/V and S-Video jacks on the VCD door because let's face it, who the hell's ever gonna use it, and besides, I hate proprietary video cables.

Any more help with Shooter titles is much appreciated. Thanks.
    I use VCD card on my mod'd Saturn to play some of my old VCD...

nice LED mod...
    mine's simple country+HZ mod jobbies...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    phreak97

if youre going to go to the bother of building a cabnet, go to the extra bother of getting an rgb monitor for it, it is definately worth it.

also, die hard trilogy uses the light gun..

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phreak97
    if youre going to go to the bother of building a cabnet, go to the extra bother of getting an rgb monitor for it, it is definitely worth it.

also, die hard trilogy uses the light gun..
    I thought about getting an RGB monitor for it, but where can I get one between 27" - 29" for less than an absolute fortune. I can get an S-Video capable 27" - 29" true flat screen CRT for less than $300.00

If I'm not mistaken doesn't Die Hard Trilogy only use the Light Gun for a small part of the game?
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken doesn't Die Hard Trilogy only use the Light Gun for a small part of the game?
    Yes, the 2nd game in Die Hard Trilogy is a legitimate gun game that can be used with a gun controller. It's not bad, but it doesn't play as well as the PSX version. It's got slowdown and it's missing the snazzy lighting effects. The other games are totally different... one's an action game from a 3rd person perspective, the other is a driving game.

And for the love of all that is good and decent in this world, DON'T GET DEATH CRIMSON. Rare or not, that game is hands-down the WORST shooter EVER made. Its awfulness is LEGENDARY.

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    Yes, the 2nd game in Die Hard Trilogy is a legitimate gun game that can be used with a gun controller. It's not bad, but it doesn't play as well as the PSX version. It's got slowdown and it's missing the snazzy lighting effects. The other games are totally different... one's an action game from a 3rd person perspective, the other is a driving game.
    So the 2nd game that is a shooting game is completely seperate from the other 2 games? I assumed that part of the game you went through doing whatever, and for part of it you could use a gun. But you're saying that the different parts of the game are completely independant of each other?
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    So the 2nd game that is a shooting game is completely seperate from the other 2 games? I assumed that part of the game you went through doing whatever, and for part of it you could use a gun. But you're saying that the different parts of the game are completely independant of each other?
    Yes. It's not like Scud where there are shooting sections mixed in with the main game... Die Hard Trilogy is three entirely separate games on one CD that are tied together through the storyline and characters. You can select which of the three games you want to play or play then in sequence. The shooting game is selectable from the main menu and can be played immediately, regardless of whether or not you have completed the one game (the 3rd person action game.)

It's kind of cool to get three separate games in one, all using completely different graphics engines. None of them are bad, either. The driving game is actually pretty darn fun. The shooting game is actually the weakest of the three but it's not bad. It's a pure gun shooter similar to Virtua Cop. Don't leave it off your list if you're going for all of the gun shooters on the Saturn!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I will definately add it to the list.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I thought about getting an RGB monitor for it, but where can I get one between 27" - 29" for less than an absolute fortune. I can get an S-Video capable 27" - 29" true flat screen CRT for less than $300.00

try your local hospital. Some of medical equipments come with RGB monitor and if they are getting rid of for new model they may sell it next to nothing or fairly cheap...

usually has BNC sockets but you can get the small adaptor plug from Radio Shack or Tandy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you very much.
    www.VikingVideoGames.com