Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does The X-Box have?!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What does The X-Box have?!

I am trying to figure this one out. Just what does the X-Box have that is exclusive that is worth it? (Note I said Exclusive as in not on other consoles or systems that includes PC.) Now it must be big. Halo is Big. Anything other then Halo? Help me understand what the big appeal for the X-Box is. All I see is just pretty graphics with nothing good. Halo was my biggest letdown on PC. The library felt like a 3D smash tv rip-off, or perhaps it could also be a serious sam rip-off as that game has almost as many foes coming at me as smash TV does. Where is the uniqueness in that? Where is the story? Where is the fun? Low gravity? That is new but I can do that with cheats. Help an X-Box hater see what the appeal is.
    "Posting to the 'net these days it's more like shouting into a deep cave
    in which lives a fire-breathing dragon who hordes Hormel products.
    You get an echo back with flames and Spam"

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ninja Gaiden.
    Halo. / 2
    Top Spin
    Panzer Dragoon Orta
    House of the Dead III
    Toe Jam & Earl III
    #vbender

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a big racing nut. And Forza Motorsport is probably the best racing game for xbox next to project gotham.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

The whole mod, emulator scene is fun.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

House of the dead 3 was arcade also and PC so that is out. Panzer dragoon looks sweet and it's an X-Box Exclusive. Ninja Gaiden looks nice also. Any more games? As I said before Halo 1 for PC was horrid. Also it is not X-Box exclusive, so that is out too.

*Added* Forza Motorsport and project gotham are exclusives but the cars don't look right.

Emulation is also done on your PC and it does the current Gen consoles (horribly but it is done.) Moding is fun but I don't want to spend $150 just for the system for a few games. Anything else?
    "Posting to the 'net these days it's more like shouting into a deep cave
    in which lives a fire-breathing dragon who hordes Hormel products.
    You get an echo back with flames and Spam"

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

VooDoo Vince was a decent little platformer, as well as Blinx. Also has Conker: Live & Reloaded.

Strawberry (Level 2) mario2butts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, besides halo...

Dead or Alive series ( the PS2 got 2: Hardcore but it was a jaggy launch title, and was just an update of DOA 2 for Dreamcast, whereas 3, Ultimate and Volleyball are Xbox exclusives)
    KOTOR (also for PC but eh I'll list it anyway)
    Ninja Gaiden!!!
    Steel Battalion

Plus, many multiplatform games look and sound better on Xbox. With a nice sound system and HDTV to take advantage of Dolby Digital sound and 480p (and sometimes higher) resolution, the Xbox is definately woth owning. I'm not down on PS2 or Gamecube, but I would definately argue that the Xbox is a great system.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Why even bother responding to this?

If you don't like the Xbox, then you don't like it. Nothing we say is going to change your mind, so continue your proud little anti-Microsoft rally and stay away from the logical folks.

EDIT: I just read your reply in this thread and came to the conclusion that you've made me a dumber person. Please stop being an idiot, or if you want to be an idiot, please go elsewhere.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, a committed on-line presence is unique to Xbox.

As for exclusives with this?
    Jet Set Radio Future --the main reason I bought an Xbox--shows the consoles strong points and has a great soundtrack too.
    Dead or Alive Ultimate--online sparring; I admit, it lags at some points
    Karaoke Revolution--you need to only buy one DVD and then download songs at your convience
    Dance Dance Revolution--more songs and the ability to play against others online
    Phantasy Star Online--Better than its Dreamcast parent--you can actually communicate with your team members instead of typing commands out.
    Halo 2: Solo mode, I admit has less of a story than Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force but online mode is pretty sweet
    Auto Modalista--say what you want, it looked pretty good and online mode was fun while it lasted (lack of players these days)
    Let's also not forget about Steel Battallion
    The Xbox's use of custom soundtracks could have been used to a great extent though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black is reason alone to buy an Xbox.

Others you may like-

Forza Motorsports
    PGR 1 or 2
    Panzer Dragoon Orta
    Jet Set Radio Future (still a fun game, even though JGR was better by a long shot)
    MechAssualt 1 (was the best multiplayer game on LIVE until Halo 2)
    Crimson Skies (surprisingly a very fun game)
    OutRun 2 (if you like old school racers)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good idea, HezeusChrist.

I hate how Xbox haters(this might apply to haters of other systems but i see it the most with the Xbox) always ask "what are some good Xbox-only games?" and when you tell them a list of the good games, they always A. say it sucked, or B. come up with a crappy excuse why it isn't technically exclusive to Xbox Like "Well yeah that was a pretty good game but some guy emulated a bootleg copy of it on a homemade Arcade cab in south korea so it isnt technically Xbox exclusive." if you don't like Xbox, then that's fine, you don't have to. but I don't really care so i'm not gonna waste my time trying to get you to like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

along with some of the ones mentioned i also liked Otogi, Mechasult, Wreckless (later was toned down and released on PS2 but originaly was exclusive) ,Gunvalkery , dead to rights (i think it was later ported over to PS2 but originaly was exclusive) , Blinx , crimson sea , futureama (not sure if its on any other system) , sudeki, fable, advent riseing,

also thought murikomoto was great (misspelled)

i havent checked if any of these are on PC

all it takes is a system to try any games out - there are so many you can get now for the price of a rental

but its hard to look at anything objectively while being a hater of it - mabey if you actualy owned one you would no longer hate it and look at it the same as all your other systems.

get a Gamepass from blockbuster and try all thier games -- unfortunatly you may not find any of the older titles at a blockbuster - theres like 7 block busters around me and only 2 have decent selections
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Otagi 1 & 2

If you call yourself a Sega Fan, you better start liking the Xbox....

Otagi 1 & 2

Now go educate yourself and start playing!
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xbox Media Centre. That's enough reason to own an Xbox.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having owned each of the major consoles at least twice over, and being a fanboy of none of them, I came to the conclusion that the Xbox is my personal favorite.

Not to mention the superior hardware and multitasking abilities, you ask about unique software. Here's some of the best, IMO:

-Forza Motorsport. Far better than Gran Turismo, and I have been a long time GT fan.

-Halo, the first one. Yeah, I get sick 'n tired of the Halo fanboys myself, but the game is good. The second is a letdown IMO.

-Ninja Gaiden. Think you're "all that" as a gamer? Gaiden takes you down a few pegs in a real hurry.

-DOA Beach Volleyball. T&A and a groovalicious fun diversion as well.

-Panzer Dragoon Orta. If Ninja Gaiden can't do it, then Dragoon will bitch slap you a reality check.

-Oddworld Stranger's Wrath. Breathtaking perfection. One of those rare perfect video games. There's NOTHING lacking in this game. Not a thing. You want particle effects? This is the best game I've ever seen for particle effects.....on ANY system. Mindblowing.

-Shenmue 2. Because it's Shenmue 2.....with extras. No two ways with Shenmue......you either hate it or you're a lifelong Shenmue junkie. A rare pleasure among video games.

You're missing out on some killer videogaming experiences by being stubborn. Don't even get me started on the PSP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By far the biggest reason I own an X-box is because it has by far the BEST versions of multi-platform games. That not only means the best graphics, but also X-box versions commonly contain bonus features.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclusive should include games that have other system ports but are DRAMATICALLY BETTER on the xbox. Wasn't the Halo PC Halo:CE so its technically not the same xbox haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    By far the biggest reason I own an X-box is because it has by far the BEST versions of multi-platform games. That not only means the best graphics, but also X-box versions commonly contain bonus features.
    Yeah, like the Fatal Frame series. They have extras on the Xbox versions that aren't available on the PS2 ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayearthknight
    Well, a committed on-line presence is unique to Xbox.

As for exclusives with this?
    Jet Set Radio Future --the main reason I bought an Xbox--shows the consoles strong points and has a great soundtrack too.
    Dead or Alive Ultimate--online sparring; I admit, it lags at some points
    Karaoke Revolution--you need to only buy one DVD and then download songs at your convience
    Dance Dance Revolution--more songs and the ability to play against others online
    Phantasy Star Online--Better than its Dreamcast parent--you can actually communicate with your team members instead of typing commands out.
    Halo 2: Solo mode, I admit has less of a story than Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force but online mode is pretty sweet
    Auto Modalista--say what you want, it looked pretty good and online mode was fun while it lasted (lack of players these days)
    Let's also not forget about Steel Battallion
    The Xbox's use of custom soundtracks could have been used to a great extent though
    Auto Modelista is not exclusive as I have it on PS2 but it is a fun game

Not to much exclusive except Sega games...

-Oddworld Munch's Odyssey
    -Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
    -To many Tom Clancy Mission packs to name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

Default Re: Otagi 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    If you call yourself a Sega Fan, you better start liking the Xbox....

Otagi 1 & 2

Now go educate yourself and start playing!
    Seriously. I normally try to stay away from thread bashing, but any guy who flaunts Sega love and hasn't played Panzer Dragoon Orta or JSRF needs to have their head checked.

Those two alone should put an xbox in your media center.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook