Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would only buy an Xbox at $100 dollars?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who would only buy an Xbox at $100 dollars?

I've been wating for the Xbox to reach $100 dollars at least at Gamecrazy or Gamestop. I know some people say they won't but I still have hope. I really want one, but for some reason I can't seen to fork out $150 for it. Even though I want to play House of the Dead 3 so badly. Anyone else waiting for the Xbox to reach $100?
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is exactly what I'm waiting for! In Canada used is still going like 189.99 So I need it to come down by half! I've got a list of like a dozen games I want to play on the system and until it comes down to 99.99 I won't be picking on up.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It'll definitely hit $99 Maybe even less on closeouts .. I don't think Microsoft will try to keep up split development for very long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am in the same boat. Been waiting for the $99 price drop. I am thinking come November when they release the 360, they will have to cut the price.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't much point now. I'll wait until the 360's first price drop instead or something. Yeah it'll be more expensive, but hopefully it'll be worth it by then.

--Zero

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd buy an Xbox at $99. I'd also buy a new Gamecube at $50. Think that will ever happen?

E

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Default Re: Who would only buy an Xbox at $100 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    I've been wating for the Xbox to reach $100 dollars at least at Gamecrazy or Gamestop. I know some people say they won't but I still have hope. I really want one, but for some reason I can't seen to fork out $150 for it. Even though I want to play House of the Dead 3 so badly. Anyone else waiting for the Xbox to reach $100?
    I'm waiting for this as well. Even the used 120 deal seems to much for me to pay for an Xbox. I only want a few games for it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$50

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Penny-pinching is one thing but I think you're denying yourself some great games by continuing to wait for a rock-bottom price. I've been enjoying the system for about 2 years now and II consider well worth the price I paid for it (which at the time was about $179, I think).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    Penny-pinching is one thing but I think you're denying yourself some great games by continuing to wait for a rock-bottom price. I've been enjoying the system for about 2 years now and II consider well worth the price I paid for it (which at the time was about $179, I think).
    Well, I'm only interested in HOUSE OF THE DEAD 3. That's about it. I've played Halo at my friends house so I really only want it for one game.
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm waiting for less than that honestly. If it never hits $50, I'll probably buy one used off of ebay in a year or so just to have it in my collection. There are probably 4-5 games on the whole system that I would like to play, and I can't justify spending $200+ for 4-5 games (system and game cost total).

If I passed by an xbox system, brand new for $60 right now, I would probably buy it. over $75, and I would pass.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't. I'd pay $25 for it though. Just want to play OutRun 2.0. And I really doubt OutRun 2.0 will be backwards compatible with the 360...ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    Well, I'm only interested in HOUSE OF THE DEAD 3. That's about it. I've played Halo at my friends house so I really only want it for one game.
    Exactly, I own Halo PC, and I'm going to get Fable for PC as well. Only Ninja Gaiden is left that I want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would! A few weeks ago I spent $130 on an Xbox with the sole intention of soft modding it and installing Xbox Media Center. I have a couple of Xbox games that I've been buying for a while now (not a whole lot, just games that I really wanted to play like Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, Outrun 2, Otogi, Deathrow, etc), but the core reason i finally bought the Xbox was for Xbox Media Center.

Xbox Media Center is AWESOME.

Now I can stream videos and music over the network and into my living room, which is just awesomely convenient. My wife and I recently got addicted to Lost after buying Season 1 and we just couldn't wait a year to watch Season 2, so I grabbed the first 4 HD episodes off the usenet right quick, we watched 'em on the TV, and now we're able to watch it each week when it airs (or later, if I feel like it). A winner is us.

When the system hits $99 new, I'll probably get another one just for games so I can hook it up to the PC and leave the other one just hooked up to the TV. (I prefer to play games on my PC monitor via a capture card so that I can grab screenshots and record videos; best $45 addon pc card ever)

edit - p.s. Oddworld Stranger's Wrath!!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not sure if I would pick up a xbox even if it was $100 hehe. I would never use it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    I would! A few weeks ago I spent $130 on an Xbox with the sole intention of soft modding it and installing Xbox Media Center. I have a couple of Xbox games that I've been buying for a while now (not a whole lot, just games that I really wanted to play like Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, Outrun 2, Otogi, Deathrow, etc), but the core reason i finally bought the Xbox was for Xbox Media Center.

Xbox Media Center is AWESOME.

Now I can stream videos and music over the network and into my living room, which is just awesomely convenient. My wife and I recently got addicted to Lost after buying Season 1 and we just couldn't wait a year to watch Season 2, so I grabbed the first 4 HD episodes off the usenet right quick, we watched 'em on the TV, and now we're able to watch it each week when it airs (or later, if I feel like it). A winner is us.

When the system hits $99 new, I'll probably get another one just for games so I can hook it up to the PC and leave the other one just hooked up to the TV. (I prefer to play games on my PC monitor via a capture card so that I can grab screenshots and record videos; best $45 addon pc card ever)

edit - p.s. Oddworld Stranger's Wrath!!
    Sounds cool, but do you have to have live to stream videos from your PC to your Xbox or do you just do it via network?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    Sounds cool, but do you have to have live to stream videos from your PC to your Xbox or do you just do it via network?
    You don't use Live at all for anything. You just have to have the systems on the same network and you're golden. My Xbox is connected to a WRT54G which is WDS'd with another WRT54G on the other side of the home, and that connects to my PS2 and PC in addition to providing more coverage for our wireless laptops.

I can stream to the Xbox from any of my computers, all I have to do is share a directory and browse it with XBMC.

Life is good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    You don't use Live at all for anything. You just have to have the systems on the same network and you're golden. My Xbox is connected to a WRT54G which is WDS'd with another WRT54G on the other side of the home, and that connects to my PS2 and PC in addition to providing more coverage for our wireless laptops.

I can stream to the Xbox from any of my computers, all I have to do is share a directory and browse it with XBMC.

Life is good.

Did you order your xbox premoded?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

with XBMC you can integrate TeamXlink (tunneling software).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you order your xbox premoded?
    No, I just used the save game exploit in Mechassault. Load save game, system is now soft modded. Simple, slick, and it just couldn't be easier

Gotta make sure you have a non-Xbox Live Bundle version of Mechassault and it can't be a platinum hits version. Same for Agent Under Fire and Splinter Cell, the two other games I know of that can be used to trigger the save game exploit.

I'll probably wind up throwing a larger hard drive in there at some point, because it's so awesomely easy that there's almost no reason to NOT do it.