Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor - Nintendo Revolution for less than $100

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they should start at 200 and see how sale go. If they wanted they could drop the price within a few months or even weeks according to the appeal it makes to the public. I don't plan on buying any of the systems at launch, but if it di sell for 100 dollars I would buy it. Like someone else said, "that's peanuts". Then I would buy the games I really like.
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

150 is my bet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This will be interesting to revisit after the launch.
    i think $150 is still too low.
    after their research firms and price analysts are finished with their data collection, they'll realize that there is a HUGE market for the vintage games they're planning on releasing as downloadable content. They could market the Revolution on that point alone and guys like me will flock to the EB's and Gamestops of the world.

The vintage games have nostalgic appeal. And what better way to bond with your kids? No violence or adult themes. After all, the NES kids of yesterday have procreated, and we want to share the enjoyment of SMB, Zelda, and Lolo with our kids. Pack those in with the next-gen launch titles, and they've got a winner.

$200 console. $250 console + 1 game and 2 free downloads. that's the guess i'm pulling out of the air.
    </img>
    See my Xbox mods HERE.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Given what Microsoft and Sony are charging, there's no way they'll sell the Revolution for $100. They can sell it for $200 and still be the cheapest by far (barring a 360 price drop).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    With the revolution controller Id assume they are going to pay me 200 bucks to take one home.
    I am assuming you haven't heard or read that there will also be a conventional controller made as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"I am assuming you haven't heard or read that there will also be a conventional controller made as well?"

Where was that ever said? I've heard about a controller shell, but little is known about it yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xmagxus
    I'd bet my collection that the launch price of the revolution will be 199.99
    Just w\quoting that so that you can't edit the message at a later date

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even I could afford one if it was $99. I certainly hope so! But, while Nintendo would probably beat the competiton hands down (I still think that they will win), they won't price it that low. Well, miracles could happen. (Nintendo execs- take note of this thread and make the price $99!!!)

Ice
    Lurking since '05

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    Quote Originally Posted by xmagxus
    I'd bet my collection that the launch price of the revolution will be 199.99
    I'll take you up on that offer; I have a feeling it's going to be 199.95.
    what is this the price is freaking right?

any way the Revolution will be my first nex gen console...i will pre order it....i havent been stoked about any thing like this in a long time...my main reason is the possibility of legacy games for download...and after seeing the controller i am 90% sure theyre going to....imagine holding the revolution controller side ways...look at D-pad and B and A buttons....schwing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

Default my say on the rev launch price

$175 usd
    (ps3) $300 usd
    (360) $400-700 usd

nintendo is bound for a comeback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: my say on the rev launch price

Quote Originally Posted by hbkprm
    $175 usd
    (ps3) $300 usd
    (360) $400-700 usd

nintendo is bound for a comeback
    are you insane? the 360 price is already definate, and it's 299 core, 399 full
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

On a side note, if Ninty, REALLY wanted to win the console wars, (imho) they would need to do nothing more than have all their games on DVD disks, copying-able in a standard DVD-/+ R burner; it tends to be a HUGS incentive; especially as magazines can make their own "demo" disks and piracy (contrary to popular belief) does help a console a great deal; look at what it did for the PS1...
    Michele

Ummmmm.................

yeah they should make it easy to pirate software for...

In fact screw it just go with a 3do business model.

Then invest all of nintendos money into lik sang and retire to the bahamas.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    On a side note, if Ninty, REALLY wanted to win the console wars, (imho) they would need to do nothing more than have all their games on DVD disks, copying-able in a standard DVD-/+ R burner; it tends to be a HUGS incentive; especially as magazines can make their own "demo" disks and piracy (contrary to popular belief) does help a console a great deal; look at what it did for the PS1...
    Michele

Ummmmm.................

yeah they should make it easy to pirate software for...

In fact screw it just go with a 3do business model.

Then invest all of nintendos money into lik sang and retire to the bahamas.
    LMAO! NO, that wasn't the point. What I'm saying is that (imho) what REALLY helpped the PS1 shoot up from nothing, was that any magazine, shop, jim or bob could grab some demos (or compile their own) get permission and burn millions of copies at 5p a disk, thus being able to distribute them free with magazines and stuff.

I remember back when I was with my 64 and my friend had a PS1, his main point over buying a PS1 (in uk at least) was that he could buy a magazine for a couple of pounds and have 5/6 demo's on a disk with it, (and possibly an older full game).

As for normal people copying, well... thats a different matter altogether. Something like what Sony did would be good, where it is possible, but it is relatively hard and usually requires console mods. Thus, there will be a few people who know how and do some copies, a couple of authorised people (e.g. magazines, shops etc) who make billions of demo cd's and then the billions of standard users who can buy the demo cd's and the full cd's at their own discretion...
    Michele

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

NRev looks cool and all, but I'll still get a Gamecube, just in case there is any 1st-Release Glitches (SCPH-1001 PlayStation, anyone?)

...and on price, I think it will be $199.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just can't see the Revolution coming out for $100. I'm thinking somewhere between $190-$250. PS3 I'm thinking somwhere in the vicenity of $300. The 360....I don't even want to think about it.
    7 million years ago something was created...ten somethings. Ten living weapons that would end a 20 year war. Too bad that it made it last longer. -The Ten Wise Men- Coming soon....ok so in a couple years....well it doesn't matter when, I'm still making it!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squirrelnut1416

Quote Originally Posted by Spinal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibblewith
    Even if it does sell for $100, it'll still be over £100 here.

I disagree. Personally, I think that we will get the same price, 1:1 exchange rate. e.g. if it sells for 99 bucks in usa, we'll get it for 99 quid.

I've seen that happen with most comptuing equipment in england....

Michele
    HOW DRUNK ARE YOU MAN?!

Piracy is what makes them loose money. I don't know what ass-backwards economy you're thinking of. The consoles cost a lot more to make then what they sell for. They have always said that they make there money up in software sales not in hardware. You can't just look at the cost of the system components either, look at all the people who had to design test and revamp all of the hardware.

Software is easier to do. You build on existing software game engines.

Also remember the Dreamcast? Great game system. Great games. Easy to burn. One of the many economic factors that killed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

An $100 Rev.? That would make me buy one at launch. But i don't think it would be that cheap. $150 - $250 is more like it.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Though I don't think that the Rev will launch below ~$200 I do think that it's possible for it to be launched at ~$100, fiscally. With N touting the Rev as their all out assault into online/network gaming, N could very well sell the consoles at a loss or at cost and make a profit through software sales, both game disks and downloads. There is a big market for "intangeble" sales. People have been selling game accounts and virtual property on eBay now for years. I think that N is keen to this and is working on tapping that market. I have no idea what their strategy is, but I'm sure that they are not ignoring Microsofts new Live features like marketplace.

My guess would be the (successful) $100 model would be something along the lines of;

- Sell the hardware as cheap as possible and sell as many units as possible. Even at $100 you may not be making a profit but neither is your competition. Most people will only buy one or two of the new systems... make yours the "So cheap it's a crime not to own!" one.

- With your high installment base and existing loved franchises outsell the competition in software. Earn back the 3rd party devs with the prospect of lucrative profit and mass exposure. Lock-up the software of said 3rd parties through exclusive contracts.

- Make Xbox Live yesterday's news. With a catalog of classic favorites to play and the best online gaming service around... that also happens to be FREE.

Mind you, I'm kinda putting myself in Iwata's shoes as I wrote this... I'm not grandstanding for N. They do that just fine by themselves.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="Dangerboy"]
    Quote Originally Posted by smork

That'd be very smart, and very stupid to have it any cheaper, unless Nintendo just wants to bleed red ink
    Nintendo has about $3 Billion in the Bank. I'm sure they'll be just fine. Plus they actually are making money off of the $100 Game Cubes, whatever they're planning must be pretty good.

[quote]

Correction: they have about $7.02bn in cash assets.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

History tells me the Revolution will run $199 at launch.

If in fact Nintendo's new console does have a $99 price tag, then they will gain a ton of market shares this next generation. For the price of 2 new games people can pick up the Revolution! That would be awesome.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary