Don't know if anyone else has done this, but my sadness at seeing my local Funcolands converted into Gamestops was tempered by a trade-in special going on.

Right now if you trade in any 2 PS2, GC, or X-Box games (excluding sports and wrestling titles only) they'll give you $20 credit each towards Devil May Cry 2, the Sims or the Getaway (which with its $40 pricetag is covered). The guy behind the counter was even selling cheap games to people, so they could trade them right back in.

I traded in a Fantavision (which I just picked up for $4.99) and a GC Smashing drive ($7.48 at Target) for which I'll get a brand new PS2 The Getaway in a few days. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

It was odd, because none of the other Gamestops I had been in were promoting this, and this one only had handwritten signs advertising it. Yet on the receipt for the trade-ins it stated "add x dollars for January trade-in" (19 for Fantavision and 16 for Smashing Drive). So this deal was set up in their computer.

Anyone else get this deal? Something seems odd about it, but who am I to question a new game for 13 bucks!

Rich