Thread: Parents and Gaming

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Parents and Gaming

Any of you here have gaming parents you got into gaming?

When I was a kid I played my Atari alot- especially River Raid and Demon Attack for hours. When my stepfathe rmoved in I got him intog aming and he loved River raid too. Then he eventually got a Genesis when it first came out with Altered Beast, Herzog Zwei (which became a fav of mine) and some other title. He loved it and I starte dplaying it soon after. He eventually got my old C=64, and a Sega CD then a PSX and PS2.

They had gotten me Vegas Stakes for the SNES when I had gotten my SNES orginally, and I enjoyed it and so did they since they enjoy gamgling games and the like- this led them to buying Ceaser's Palace type games for the PSX.

My mother can't really play video game smuch past a gambling game, Pac-Man and Solitare.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well, my parents were never big gamers, but I do remember my mother playing Ms. Pac-Man on my Atari 2600. And my father also revealed to me last year that he sometimes played Ms. Pac-Man too on my Atari (I must've been in bed when he did, cuz I don't recall him ever picking up a joystick). My mother owns a total of 2 games: Myst and The Journeyman Project 2 (she wants to get Riven and probably the third game in the Myst series). As for my father, I think he might like strategic RPGs like Tactics Ogre, but I dunno. I'd have to try him on the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Until recently, both of my parents were avid gamers. (Now that my dad's in his 70's he's pretty much stopped ) However, growing up, I never had to worry about looking out of place playing video games: it was usually a family event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, my parents banned me from games until I could afford to buy em on my own...hence my obsession in adulthood
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

We've always had a video game system and a computer in our house.

My mom never really passed Atari 2600 level: her favorite games are still Pac-Man (she can score 350,000+ on that version!!!), Kaboom (with good paddles she triples my scores and I can hit 2,000+), and Circus Atari.

My dad is a wargamer at heart. He loves Combat, River Raid, Harbor Escape (Panda's RR clone, for some reason we both liked it better than RR back in the day), the Sub Simulator by Epyx for the C64 (his 100% no doubt favorite game), Top Gun on the C64, Blood Wake on my XBox (I have to kick him out so I can do a little Tony Hawk action...) Two Tigers (arcade)...I think I have to buy him his own XBox...he's getting his hands on Air Force Delta (name???) for his birthday...I'll never see that XBox again...

Oh yeah, I can't forget our 3 hour marathons of Artillery Duel battles...

If he knew how to get on a PC, I know he would be all over Command & Conquer style games...
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My dad used to take me to arcades in the 80s. He liked Battlezone a lot. So much he decided to buy the 2600 because it was Atari and Battlezone was Atari and they might make it some day for home. That day came and he was not thrilled by the result.

My mom up until recently, was a huge Dr. Mario player. I tried to hook her up with Tetris Attack, but she preferred Dr. Mario.

My parents didn't get me into gaming, but they enabled me and when I abbused it they disabled me.
    GET OUT OF THE WALLS CHEATER!!!