Thread: Maxi-15

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Maxi-15

Hello, what would you say a Maxi-15 for NES is worth nowadays? That question has several dimensions:

I have seen the cart alone go for about 30-40 dollars on the average. However, almost every copy I see for sale has the black label sticker peeling outward - I assume that the sticker was poorly manufactured. I guess just slight usage causes peeling even.

Add a black case, I noticed that the value of the game goes up about 20 dollars.

Add a yellow cardboard display box, and I am not sure what happens - considering it's not a common instance to see the box included (even DP's description of the game says so!)

Howabout factory sealed? I guess that's what I'm hinting at.. yes, I have a facory sealed Maxi 15 and I am very curious what it's worth in the mind of a collector. I have the AVE version with Double Strike and Pyramid on it. I paid $75.00 for it, and I feel that I got a VERY good deal.

Any opinions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have no idea that's interesting, would be interested in hearing what it's worth

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd pay about $125 for that if I was looking. Never seen a sealed copy.
    Just a fool from Hyrule. Swingin' in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could never understand the price rates of used games vs. sealed games. I have seen some rare games sell for a certain amount used and just a little more sealed (e.g. Arkanoid NES) whereas, Myriad's 6-in-1 can sell used for under $200.00, but a sealed copy went for $700.00 recently. I guess it all depends on demand and hype. The only reason I got a sealed Maxi-15 was because the seller had filled the title of the auction with bad keywords, so not many eBayers ended up finding it and thus keeping bidding to a minimum. So I assume it would have gone for a quite bit more if more bidders were aware, especially considering how uncommon a sealed copy comes up on eBay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, this is a rumor coming from a foggy memory... there are two types of sealed Maxi-15s: black plastic case sealed in plastic, and yellow cardboard box sealed in plastic (the yellow box has the black plastic case inside). What I heard was a bunch of boxed games suffered water damage in a warehouse, so the boxes were thrown away and the game & black plastic case were then shrinkwrapped without the box. I've owned both... shrinkwrapped with and without the yellow box. The plastic shrinkwrap is thicker on the black plastic case. The plastic on the yellow box feels like normal quality shrinkwrap plastic.

Not sure of the value, as I haven't searched eBay for Maxi-15 in years.

jhd7/Jeff D

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own a sealed Maxi15 in yellow box and I also own the sealed black case version. Of course the yellow box is hidding a black case sealed one too. But both were offered in different way.

About the value it all depends of timing and demand... but for someone seeking it, I would say they worth 50-200$ (yeah that is a big price range).

I would say reasonably that a sealed maxi 15, worth 75-125$ maybe more. And with the yellow box, it should fetch more (150$+?). And it mights depends of the condition. A lot of yellow cardboard I saw were in very bad condition. I think mine is not bad. Make a long time I haven't checked it :P

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say a sealed Maxi 15 is worth around $75-100. I don't know where you saw a loose Myraid for under $200, cause it has been years since it sold that low. The last loose Myraid sold for $460. I bought my loose copy of Maxi 15 for $15 (around 2 years ago) on Ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is kind of unrelated, but did anyone here frequent the r.g.v.c newsgroup back in the day? About 6 or 7 years ago, this guy on there found a huge stack of new Maxi-15's in a Canadian thrift store for $10 each. He sold them to people in the newsgroup for a little more than what he paid. That's how I scored both my copies. I'll never forget that guy.

I think there are a few r.g.v.c'ers here from back in the day. Anyone else remember that?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't around that newsgroup back in time, however I also heard a similar story with cheetahmen 2 at 1$ each (1000 for 1000$).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by imanerd0011
    I would say a sealed Maxi 15 is worth around $75-100. I don't know where you saw a loose Myraid for under $200, cause it has been years since it sold that low. The last loose Myraid sold for $460. I bought my loose copy of Maxi 15 for $15 (around 2 years ago) on Ebay.
    Perfect range. I dont think ive ever seen a sealed one go for over $100, but i stopped searching for maxi 15 on ebay when i picked mine up for $10 with a NES :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have everything except the yellow box for the Death Race/Blackjack version. Can anyone who has a yellow box with those two games on the cover with the other 13 post a scan of it?
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I won a complete copy on ebay yeeaarrrsss ago. $100. From Canada. Never saw it.

Bastards.

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K