Thread: HEADS UP to all MN/MegaMall EB Games customers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HEADS UP to all MN/MegaMall EB Games customers

Unsure how long theyve been gone, but I just found out today the EB Games on the 1st floor at the Mall of America is not there! They moved one of the GameStops there temporarily until THEIR new store is done (up by where the General Mills cereal park was IIRC.)

Anyway, the GS clerk was helpful but a bit condescending in telling me EB Games had a choice: to stay & continue paying increased rent, or get out. They chose the latter.

So, I went to the "new" EB Games in Maplewood & asked about it. (Got PS2 Half-Life there too w/a 20% off coupon.) Clerk there said the MoA store "wasnt profitable" (I found that hard to believe) & the merch/new store went to Eden Prairie.

Thats too far for me to go, even for games, so good luck on any future hunts there. Anyone know when this all happened?
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Clerk there said the MoA store "wasnt profitable" (I found that hard to believe) & the merch/new store went to Eden Prairie.
    I'm not surprised -- don't forget that two video game stores there already closed. Most people that buy video games would probably rather go to a place that isn't so big and without all the crowds. There's a lot of game stores in Richfield/Bloomington/Edina and most of the locals would rather just go to somewhere close.

The MoA attracts loiterers/mall rats, tourists and housewives -- not really your core video gamer.

BTW, the GameCrazy on Hennpein Ave (edge of Uptown) is closing as well at the end of the month...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: HEADS UP to all MN/MegaMall EB Games customers

MN/MegaMall = Mall of America? I feel cheated. Interesting news though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    MN/MegaMall = Mall of America? I feel cheated. Interesting news though.
    Don't be -- it's really nothing all that special. Most of the stores are women's clothes, the bars/restaurants are pedestrian and overpriced (the women who work at Hooters actually sued the company so they could wear more clothes) and there's so many dumb hicks in there, it's not even funny.

The only place I really liked in there was a bar called Fat Tuesdays, but they got shut down after a rowdy Mardi Gras party (the bar overlooks Camp Snoopy and girls were taking off their tops... the soccer moms were not amused).

And for video gamers, there's not much in there. There's Jilian's and a sports bar/arcade, as well as one in Camp Snoopy, but none of them are really any good, and I think they're down to 2 or maybe three game stores now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, to be truthful I feel cheated for having clicked on a link I thought might have something to do with Minnesota Anyhow, knowing this hasn't hurt me one bit. I like news!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I have shunned MOA (Mall of America) for years, this is from someone who lives here for over 10 years, too many f@ggots hanging out in there, don't get me started on the type of people working at those stores. Correst, there're just way too many store in the mall which carry pretty much the same thing, you have Gamestop, EB on the other end, EBX on the third floor. In the past there're also Babbages and Funcoland too.

Even if I have to go to a game store for new release, I tend to go to local mall locations, but even those ocassions are rare, let alone MOA.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am glad that ebgames is gone. They were poor at customer service. I had a terrible experience with them about 6 years ago over MGS. They had a coupon for 20% off the MGS strategy guide sitting on the counter. I go to grab one and the clerk snatches it out of my hands and says "Those aren't for you!" Man, was I pissed
    I even filed a complaint with MOA security. They asked me if I wanted to press charges against the clerk. It was hilarious. I can't believe I still remember this incident. I need to LET IT GO. Anyways, I vented now. Laters.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only thing at the MOA that I enjoy is the NASCAR silicon valley racing experience. It's like a giant racing simulator. They have full size cars that you sit in that are mounted on hydrolics and big projector displays in front of you. They have league play with 12 cars and maybe 20 computer sims. It seems to be the most realistic driving sim available and I love it. The two arcades up on the top for are way too overpriced, but they do have some sweet games.

check it our here
    http://www.smsonline.com/centers/moa_racingcenter1.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

too many f@ggots hanging out in there, don't get me started on the type of people working at those stores.
    Uh- okay...

Correst
    ???

there're just way too many store in the mall which carry pretty much the same thing, you have Gamestop, EB on the other end, EBX on the third floor.
    That's called COMPETITION. If GameStop didnt have it, you'd check out EB (or vice-versa), which is GONE NOW- Thats why I posted, so people expecting to go there wont be as disappointed as I was yesterday.

& EBX hasnt been there for a LONG TIME- jeez, it HAS been awhile for you, hasnt it?

I didnt want this to become a MoA-bashing thread- just to let fellow gamers know what's up.
    BTW- it's a great place for girl-watching...if you're not, in vincewy's words, a "f@ggot".
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."