Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The WORST Part of Your Collection?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default The WORST Part of Your Collection?

I see topics upon topics about people showing off their favorite parts or rarest or best parts of their collection, but how about the worst part or parts?

Personally, I hate having to keep my games under my futon and bed in these bins:

It's pretty unflattering and the games get dusty on the top, but what can I do? I have no room elsewhere.

Another thing is that I have a copy of Superman for the NES, but the board inside is for The Legend of Zelda. It's annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

I'd say my worst items are my Rambo 3 and Castlevania: Bloodlines cartridges. They both have very damaged labels, which drives me nuts! I decided to keep them since I'd feel bad about giving them up. Someone needs to give 'em a home...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

those bastard EA Sports Games for Megadrive...
    they will only be nice once i have a complete MD collection, but for now they are the scum of my collection!

(apart from the original Fifa as thats great!)

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Virtual Boy and the stand is cracked but not completely broken off. So it bends in all directions but of course can't function as a stand anymore. As a collector I feel like I shouldn't completely rip it off because it's somewhat still there. Just annoys the hell out of me every time I come across it. Defintely the scum of my collection!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

has to be my Turbo Grafx / Duo / PC engine collection. i have about 10 games and they are all in varying degrees of condition and completeness.
    Eyes - Pete and Pete, Bullet Ballet
    Ears - Exploding Hearts , Tattle Tales
    Hands - Neutopia II, NBA Live 05

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sega CD/Saturn...I hate longboxes, I hate them so very, very much.

There isn't really anything else that I dislike, though! Not even my newly acquired melty Game Boy Pocket!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

My Tecmo Bowl cartridge for Game Boy. The auction I bought it from was cheap and had no image. Naturally, the label is trashed.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DTJAAAAMJSLM
    I'd say my worst items are my Rambo 3 and Castlevania: Bloodlines cartridges. They both have very damaged labels, which drives me nuts! I decided to keep them since I'd feel bad about giving them up. Someone needs to give 'em a home...
    I hate damaged labels. But home? C'mon, we're talking dead things here, not animals or human hehe

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The cracked ps1 game cases. I do buy em secondhand of course and i look after my games, but 9 times outta 10 the previous person did not and there is acrack, a snapped corner or something like that that has happened to my ps1 game cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default REPEAT AFTER ME! IT'S A SCO-OBY-DO-DOOBY MELO-DY

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    I hate damaged labels. But home? C'mon, we're talking dead things here, not animals or human ;) hehe
    Well, I'm the professor, and all I can tell you is - while you're still sleepin' the saints are still weepin,' cause things you call dead haven't yet had the chance to be born.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: REPEAT AFTER ME! IT'S A SCO-OBY-DO-DOOBY MELO-DY

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    I hate damaged labels. But home? C'mon, we're talking dead things here, not animals or human hehe
    Well, I'm the professor, and all I can tell you is - while you're still sleepin' the saints are still weepin,' cause things you call dead haven't yet had the chance to be born.
    lol, so thats why i wake up and my collection is all rearanged :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Sega CD/Saturn...I hate longboxes, I hate them so very, very much.

There isn't really anything else that I dislike, though! Not even my newly acquired melty Game Boy Pocket!
    NOOOO! I LOVE the big-ass plastic Saturn cases! They are the bomb! Of course, they shatter and shoot out projectiles like a bomb if you drop them and having a bunch of shittty, broken cases certainly sucks, but when they are nice, they are really really nice.

My shittiest part of my collection is my oldest stuff... the Atari 2600 and CV games. In a box in my Mom's hot attic. Probably melted.

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

the worst part of my collection is that at ~800 games it still isnt big enough, and im missing some important systems (AES, SMS, Saturn for example)
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default THIS SATURN CASE KILLED MY FATHER

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    NOOOO! I LOVE the big-ass plastic Saturn cases! They are the bomb! Of course, they shatter and shoot out projectiles like a bomb if you drop them and having a bunch of shittty, broken cases certainly sucks, but when they are nice, they are really really nice.
    They take up WAY too much space. Most of my stuff is in one room and it is VERY cramped in there; last thing I need are a bunch of non-standard cases sitting in boxes. I've got just a handful of Sega CD/Saturn games and they take up all of one smallish box I've got.

Now, FM Towns/x68K games I'll give a pass, because there's actually something to look at on that space (even if the interior is usually mostly empty space), unlike the stupid, venomously hateful and dumbed-down stripe patterns we were "rewarded" with here in the US. For christ's sake, just because we play games on shitty teevees doesn't mean we need guide bars to find the title of our games. *Real* Japanese Saturn cases (well, I three different kinds - Samurai Spirits III, Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG, and Segata Sanshirou Shinkenyugi/Bio Hazard) are all much smaller and yet manage to have nice manuals and great printing/layout.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

My Mattel Aquarius systems, I have 3 of them, no games,controllers. They have been sitting in my closet of crap for 4 years, untouched. Come to think of it, I don't even know if any of them work.

I have a Odyssey 300, bright yellow thing. It smells like cat urine, thanks to the slobs that owned it before me.

Oh and all my damn cables that are all over the place that need to be organized yesterday, they are just plain ugly and annoying, but of course I keep "forgetting" to clean them up.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Large collection of Pac-Man and Combat carts for the 2600. All in varying degrees of shit condition, and the bad part is there is nothing I can do with them.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I still had it, it was my Jaguar CD drive. The CD never wanted to start turning...you had to constantly readjust the drive unit until it started working. It's no wonder I got rid of it.

I'm not sure I do have a "worst" part now...maybe it's just that the collection is too darn large. I should really pare down my systems. I could probably see myself parting without pain such systems as my Genesis, Saturn, ColecoVision and N64 as I don't really play those much at all anymore. I probably haven't played either the Genesis or the Colecovision in a couple years, in fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

my very few sega cd games sitting in a drawer... they just look so.... ugh..

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    the worst part of my collection is that at ~800 games it still isnt big enough, and im missing some important systems (AES, SMS, Saturn for example)
    That's a pretty lame flaw. o_O You can't come up with anything "worse" than that? Heck, I'd thank my lucky stars if I had 800-some games (that's over 200 more than I currently have). The biggest problem here is not with your collection but with yourself for not being happy with what you have.

Anyway, the worst thing about my collection? Probably the fact that it's split up between two houses, each on opposite sides of the country. It really sucks when I'm in the mood to play a particular game and it's not at the house I'm at.

And, of course, I have a fair number of games, accessories, and systems in poor condition, but all that stuff I got for very cheap or free, so I can't complain too much. :P

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The worst part of my collection? THE WHOLE THING!

Why? Cause it's so damn big! I love it so much that I'm constantly moving stuff out of my room (still live at home) to make room for it. I've moved all my clothes into my brothers closet and most everything else is in storage. I've even cleaned out my dresser, save for one drawer, and have started storing games in it!