Thread: Little Goonies 2 help please?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default Little Goonies 2 help please?

I've had this game forever, but just a couple days ago I got the urge to play through it finally (I guess I'm on a "beating NES games for the first time" kick as I've already beaten Dragon Spirit and Mappyland in these last few days). I've been going completely old-school with it. No outside help, copied the maps on graph paper, writing down every clue (no matter how useless), marking everywhere I've been, everything I've gotten, and every warp point. My map already beats the pants off any on GameFAQs. I've been everywhere except to three rooms, so I'm close to beating it. I just need that one Goonies kid there. The only problem is that I didn't find any warps there. I must've missed out on something tiny, and since I don't want to tediously check every single room again, I'll break my "no outside help" rule with this game a little bit. The horizontal row of 3 rooms I need to get to are on the Front side of the map, the blue box that's 2 squares left and 2 down from the orange square with the Y in it is the left square of the row, as seen in the map on GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/game/563420.html

Does anyone remember how to warp to that row? It's pretty difficult to get that tiny bit of specific information from the FAQs. o_O They're more designed to take you through the whole game from beginning to end, and I don't want to get any information on the rest of the game (even if there isn't much left).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

The warp to that area is in the orange/red caves area (the one with all the waterfalls). Specifically, it's on the far right side of the bottom level of that area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry no help from me. But I too have been on a "Beat the NES games that I never could beat back in the day" kick. Goonies 2 included, which is one of my fav. games of all time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    The warp to that area is in the orange/red caves area (the one with all the waterfalls). Specifically, it's on the far right side of the bottom level of that area.
    GarrettCRW is right, but when you enter the door you have to go right then press down to warp. You'll warp to an ice area. The goonies kid is on the left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by jbholio
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    GarrettCRW is right, but when you enter the door you have to go right then press down to warp. You'll warp to an ice area. The goonies kid is on the left.
    Eh, I figured that was obvious if he had gotten the other five Goonies.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thanks for the help. :) I finished off the game today. Apparently I missed a bunch of stuff in that orange cave area. I had missed the candle and transceiver too. The ironic thing is that I remember getting to that ice area before I started to take the game seriously and make a map. o_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Thanks for the help. I finished off the game today. Apparently I missed a bunch of stuff in that orange cave area. I had missed the candle and transceiver too. The ironic thing is that I remember getting to that ice area before I started to take the game seriously and make a map. o_O
    Well, if you have a turbo controller, you don't need the candle (as turbo-ing A in the exploration mode leads to the game occasionally recognizing the candle even if you don't have it).