Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will N64 hit the bargain bin?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default When will N64 hit the bargain bin?

Lately I've been keeping an eye on Toys R Us and other assorted stores that still have N64 titles on the shelf wondering when they're finally going to liquidate. I mean come on, the GC has been out a good amount of time now yet they're still trying to sell N64 games at the original price. IMO the time is now.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ask myself the same question every time I go through Blockbuster. They still have rows of N64 games that never seem to be out, and I just keep waiting for them to get "Used $9.99" stickers on 'em. I was half expecting them to be on the block after Christmas (which would have been extra nice with the current buy 2 get 1 free sale!) but still they sit there...unrented, unpriced, mocking me...

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they still have a shitload of copies of Super Mario 64, for 40 bux at Wal mart. I mean, you can just to go gamestop and get it for like 10 bucks!!!!
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It's amazing how long the shelf life of a game cart is. The super stores are weird ducks with N64 games. I remember a year after the N64 was out that I still saw copies of Super Mario All Stars and Super Mario RPG for sale next to the N64 games for regular price at Wally World. I think maybe they still have them because it wouldn't be worth it (not sure how much Nintendo sticks stores for returned unsold copies of games)? However the N64 cart inventory at the local WM have been reduced to 3 titles: Tony Hawk 3 ($39), Power Puff Girls ($39), and I think Madden 2002 (I think also $39). ShopKo used to have a whole 4 1/2 foot section just for N64 titles, still at regular prices (though I haven't checked lately as I don't shop there often).

I think the stores will gradually phase them out, but quietly. The good games will all disappear quietly and all that will be left will be sports titles and Conker's Bad Fur Day (horrible sight, seeing one of my fave games getting reduced to $10 at TRU).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I think they might start going down in the next few months. They just slashed the price of the N64 Pikachu Set (TRU exclusive: Pika system, Hey You Pikachu! game & pocket watch) Last week it was $50, tonight I went and picked it up for $29.90

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo rarely drops prices on any of their first-party games. Wait, check that. Nintendo rarely drops prices on any of their popular first-party games. Ridge Racer 64, Conker, and Jet Force Gemini were slapped with reduced price stickers in a hurry, but anything that sold extremely well will likely bear a forty-dollar tag until it leaves the shelves. Even Nintendo's common SNES offerings, like Super Metroid and Super Mario RPG, sat on shelves at thirty bucks apiece for years after the system's effective demise.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any N64 games I see at Toys R Us and Wal Mart are always full price. Except for Perfect Dark.

It's the same thing for the DC games at TRU, the one by my work has Giga Wing, which I still need, and it's still priced at 40 bucks.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt you'll ever see them slashed big time...for one...their carts...they cost a lot more than a CD to produce, and such have a higher bottom line...btw TRU is notorious for never slashing prices...you can still find SNES, game gear, and genesis carts in their bargin bins for $15...all commons not worth more than a buck or 2

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

butta...

I stopped by my TRU and found, without price tags in the bargain bin, a grip of games like Marvel v. Capcom, Giga Wing, Street Fighter IIIrd Strike, Virtual On and a few others that I still need. I bring them for a price check - 40 to 45 each. TRU needs a new inventory management system, heh.

And I really want BB to start selling those 64 games! Gamestop rarely has boxed games, and when they do, they're wicked overpriced (30 bucks for Mario?!). BB treats their games horribly, but for carts, it shouldn't matter too much. And you get the box!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the toy'r'us near me has about 100 nintendo 64 systems (not the baby pokemon one) and and they have 100 games left over from a long time ago but it seems that nobody ever wants to buy games for that system.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen some nintendo64 games here that were still priced at 70 bucks (seventy!). You would think nobody would be crazy enough to buy those, but some people do, because there used to be more, while there're only a few left now.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's an insane price. $70.00 for 1 one game. i culd get a ps2 game and a used controller for that amount of money.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of new ps2 games here are 70 bucks too. Some, like kingdom hearts, even more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that US dollars your talking..
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrrhalomynn
    A lot of new ps2 games here are 70 bucks too. Some, like kingdom hearts, even more!
    Same here. They are also chargin $50 for a wavebird. 50!
    Conform. Consume. Obey.

Peach (Level 3) Pop Culture Portal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For anyone who's interested....I recently visited a TRU while visiting my parents over Christmas. They had a video game bin of Saturn, Genesis, and Game Gear Games...some as low as $4!! They did this a few years ago right after Christmas. Needless to say, they were going quick, especially since it was the day after Christmas. Suppose someone stumbled across a "forgotten" box in their warehouse....mostly sports games...maybe other TRUs did the same thing?
    All right youngens, bath time. Cover up your eyes and drop your britches! Who wants wax?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Circuit City cleared all of theirs out a couple of months ago. I scored quite a few for $9.99.

I've been watching the 2nd N64 Zelda at my local Wal-Mart for about a year now waiting for it to go down & it never budges.

My TRUs all still have Dreamcast games priced at $19.99 to $39.99.

I think it'll be any day now & they'll see all these dead system games lying around after the Christmas blitz & blow them out.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, throughout 2002 I found rock bottom ($5.99-$9.99) N64 carts at CompUSA, Circuit City, FAO Schwartz, and umm.. the Warner Bros Store :P

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the warner brothers store near me used to sell n64 games but, they sold them way over the normal price.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Toys R Us keeps the prices absurdly high like everyone mentioned...

BUT - FWIW, I've noticed lately that they don't mark the (DC in particular) games down - they just up and disappear one day. They weren't sold, or transferred to another store. They're just... gone. They seem to have been sent some lame-corporate memo that says to keep SOME (roughly a dozen) of the DC games - they all still have the sports games, the popular titles, etc., but the more off-center stuff is just gone.

Whoever said they need a new inventory mgmt system... Amen. Their current one sucks.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.