Its what I refer to as "a show within a show" . NBC runs "Tech Expos" in several cities. NBC10 is our local affiliate and we've had a booth, more like a large area, for our philly classic exhibit two years running. We typically bring 10 tvs, 10 consoles, atari to xbox, and several arcade machines. We were so popular at the expo that now, 2 years later, we've been asked to piggyback on to their tech expo and do whatever we want, no strings, no "suggestions" about what we "should" have. It will be the same show we would have planned anyway.
there are a few downsides to sharing space but I prefer to discuss the positives:
1. we get a HUGE amount of space to do our show, imagine PC5 two or even three times as large!!
2. we can let people in for free now [something we've wanted to do since the end of PC4]
3. we get some free advertising and promotion
4. perceived credibility from our sponsors standpoint increases dramatically.
5. load in is easier
6. no black stained and cracked acoustic tile ceilings and no yellowing linoleum floors like at VFCC, oh and no HUGE ass columns every ten feet dividing up the space in weird ways [hate those things]