Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default [Game Gear] Missing games

Links to proof included.

Arch Rivals - Flying Edge
    GP Rider - Sega

Tony LaRussa Baseball is listed as a US release ($2/R1). Does this even exist?

Also, "Mickey Mouse: Land of Illusion" is listed but maybe the title should be changed to "Land of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse" to match the other "Illusion" games.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, I was just gonna report the abscence of GP Rider here myself. I was listing all my games in the database, but I can't add that one until it's added.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

How could they forget GP Rider? That game is so common.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think it was forgotten. More likely it was ignored.

see topic (feb 2003)

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...ight=game+gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure that it wasn't ignored on purpose. Why would DP do that? It's an official US release, so it should be in the database. I bought my copy brand new back in the day, and I can verify that it was bought in the US and it came in the standard purple box. Now Pengo on the other hand... I don't recall ever seeing that game for sale in a store anywhere near me before, and I certainly would've bought it, if I had seen it! So if it was an official US release, it must not have stayed available for very long! My only guess is that it barely stayed on the shelf when the GG was first released, and then it vanished. That's the only thing that would explain why I never saw it. I didn't get my GG until very late in the system's life, so if it was a limited early release, then I could've missed it easily. And yet, I had no problems finding any of the other early releases here, so it must be one very rare GG game!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically, Pengo wasn't released in the US but some Euro copies were sold in US stores. I don't remember all of the details but at one point Sega of Europe unloaded a ton of Euro GG & SMS games. KB Toys and a number of non-import distributors I was dealing with at the time reveived hundreds of Euro "grey box" GG games, mostly Euro versions of US releases but Pengo was one of the titles in abundance.

There are a number of games listed as US releases that I'm curious about:
    Alien Syndrome (known Euro & Japanese release)
    Baby Boom (pretty sure this was cancelled, does it exist anywhere?)
    Championship Hockey (possible Euro release of NHL All Star?)
    Pengo (known Euro & Japanese release)
    Power Drive (known Euro release published by US Gold and developed by Rage)
    Sports Illustrated Championship Football/Baseball
    Tony LaRussa Baseball (which I previously mentioned)
    Trunski (other then game lists there is absolutely no other mention of this game on any site)
    Urban Strike

-Mike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of the games listed, I only have Alien Syndrome Cart# 670-2790 (cart only)which has the label style that was used in the US and Europe, Therefore I can not confirm it is a US release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    Technically, Pengo wasn't released in the US but some Euro copies were sold in US stores. I don't remember all of the details but at one point Sega of Europe unloaded a ton of Euro GG & SMS games. KB Toys and a number of non-import distributors I was dealing with at the time reveived hundreds of Euro "grey box" GG games, mostly Euro versions of US releases but Pengo was one of the titles in abundance.
    Heh, how strange - we got loads of US Game Gear games distributed over here aswell (mainly the Majesco-era stuff, I think). I've been having similar problems trying to deduce whether some games were released in 'proper' European versions aswell, or if it was just imported US copies.

Who is the GG editor anyway? I've got a rough list of European releases, most of which aren't currently in the DB since they were also US releases.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by RichD
    I don't think it was forgotten. More likely it was ignored.

see topic (feb 2003)

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...ight=game+gear
    Definitely not ignored, just missed, somehow. I've forwarded this thread to the Game Gear editor so we should get all this stuff squared away very soon. Thanks for the heads up!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I again spoke up on March 1, 2004 (page 2, near bottom)

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...asc&highlight=

digitpress jim noted the information around March 3, 2004

I was just hoping that it would have made it into the advanced guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I do have Alien Syndrome, but I can't tell you if it was just a European import that ended up in a US store or not. All I can tell you is that I bought it here in the US, and I never saw another one before or since. So I did luck out on that one. I sure do wish that I had lucked out on Pengo too though! Now I'll never find that one brand new, and even if I do, it'll cost a fortune! I've never even seen a mint complete copy before, but I definitely want one!

Now what about OutRun? Not OutRun Europa, but OutRun? I don't have it either, but I know for sure that I saw it for sale here in the US very briefly, early in the GG's life. It was probably a European import too, but as I recall, it was sold as a "limited release" for a very limited time. I would've bought it if I'd had a GG at the time, but I didn't, and never expected that I'd get one. So I'd love to find a mint complete copy of that one too, if not a new one!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Well I do have Alien Syndrome, but I can't tell you if it was just a European import that ended up in a US store or not. All I can tell you is that I bought it here in the US, and I never saw another one before or since. So I did luck out on that one. I sure do wish that I had lucked out on Pengo too though! Now I'll never find that one brand new, and even if I do, it'll cost a fortune! I've never even seen a mint complete copy before, but I definitely want one!
    Is you Alien Syndrome complete or do you just have the cart? If it's complete it should be a little easier to tell if it's European.

Now what about OutRun? Not OutRun Europa, but OutRun? I don't have it either, but I know for sure that I saw it for sale here in the US very briefly, early in the GG's life. It was probably a European import too, but as I recall, it was sold as a "limited release" for a very limited time. I would've bought it if I'd had a GG at the time, but I didn't, and never expected that I'd get one. So I'd love to find a mint complete copy of that one too, if not a new one!
    That's listed as a Non-US release and I agree with that. The only one I have ever seen in the US had a Japanese manual with it (never saw it boxed).

-Mike

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh!, GP Rider!!!, a very bad game, also in SMS...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetler
    Is you Alien Syndrome complete or do you just have the cart? If it's complete it should be a little easier to tell if it's European.

That's listed as a Non-US release and I agree with that. The only one I have ever seen in the US had a Japanese manual with it (never saw it boxed).

-Mike
    I have the cart and the manual for Alien Syndrome, but I don't have the box anymore. As for OutRun, I distinctly remember seeing it for sale at a local Babbage's, back in the day. They probably had Pengo too, and I just don't remember ever seeing it. I vaguely remember OutRun saying something about it being a limited release on the box though, or the clerk told me something to that effect, one of the two. But I know for sure that there was something about it that told me I should get it while I had the chance, and I foolishly passed it up because I didn't have a GameGear yet, nor did I expect to ever be able to get one anytime soon. So if I ever saw Pengo for sale, which I may have done and I just don't remember it, I passed it up for the same reason. It's a miracle that I was lucky enough to even get Alien Syndrome. I don't remember where I bought it, but I know that I dug it up from some major retailer and got it because it was the only one I ever saw.

That was very late in the day too, during one of my massive citywide GG searches. I literally searched all of Houston with a fine tooth comb for GG games. But only for new ones, so that's why I still don't have Pengo yet, or OutRun, or even OutRun Europa. I passed up alot of games that I never should've passed up too, and I sold a few that I never should've sold as well. I used to have Ax Battler, but I sold it because the frequency of encounters bothered me, and I also got sick and tired of it saying Ax Battler did this, Ax Battler did that. It drove me nuts. I was like OK, I know the name of my character, and I know that he can only take 2 steps before he has to fight a monster again. So I didn't have it for very long before I took it back and traded it in for something else. I wanted regular Golden Axe on GG anyway. Maybe I even traded it in for GP Rider, I don't remember. But I like GP Rider. It's the closest that you can get to playing Hang On on the GG, so it's cool!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the cart and the manual for Alien Syndrome, but I don't have the box anymore.
    Is there a warranty page or anything else in the manual that would have an address?

As for OutRun, I distinctly remember seeing it for sale at a local Babbage's, back in the day. They probably had Pengo too, and I just don't remember ever seeing it. I vaguely remember OutRun saying something about it being a limited release on the box though, or the clerk told me something to that effect, one of the two.
    I have to dig up my GG manuals 'cause I do remember something on the Japanese manual.

I did find box pictures for the Euro & Brazil releases. If it was the Euro one you saw, maybe this will spark your memory.

Euro Box

Brazillian Box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It must've been the Euro box on that OutRun. I'll have to dig out my Alien Syndrome manual to check it, but I'm sure that it's the Euro version as well.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just noticed that GP Rider is listed as a non-US release in the database. Has it been there for a while, or was it recently added? I'm pretty sure that the one I have is a US release, but maybe it's not? I'm still waiting to add it to my collection pages until I find out for sure. Can someone give us an update?

Get BIT!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I just noticed that GP Rider is listed as a non-US release in the database. Has it been there for a while, or was it recently added? I'm pretty sure that the one I have is a US release, but maybe it's not? I'm still waiting to add it to my collection pages until I find out for sure. Can someone give us an update?
    All of the above changes will be in the database on Saturday.

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's up with all those games that still have a rarity of '0' in the list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Well I found a game not in the database, I dont think it's the same game as fantastic dizzy :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1