PaulMendez
    Rustyhole
    samantha81
    SkyrimFan64
    travisz23
    webking87
    _The_Cool_Cat_

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just letting you know I speak in a language where I have to write everything out, in big paragraphs, sentences, and so forth. You think it is funny I am sorry.

I do not like conforming, but too many of people who are into the stuff I enjoy end up doing so for a variety of reasons. Like how somebody talks to you like a robot and you know where that is from.

- Who you are

I enjoy videogames and made it my life. Then I woke up and found out their is a skill I could do outside of that via my surroundings. Then I discovered that a bunch of people would rather be lazy and have pensions...oh for shame.

- Where you live

Patient Zero does not live too far from me. Funny thing is that I do not have the shot and feel great.

- How you found the forums

Already knew about it from time to time I would run into via the searching. Remember that time when DP physical store had a car almost go through it?

- What your favorite games are

Anything animated. I would have to say that "Street Fighter v. X-men" would possible be the apex after which games stopped being amazing for me. Yes tons of other titles, and yes while their are many games in 2.5d that have shown to bypass the limitations ( like Kirby:Return to Dreamland v. Kirby and Crystal Shards ) I really do enjoy 2d games. In fact I prefer if all games was vector graphics as with flash. Too bad I am too lazy to become a flash programmer, in the case of "Super Smash Flash 2" ( with online play ) .

- What systems you collect for

I am not going to say because the last thing I need is another person driving prices up based on my likes. I do not pay DLC ( if anybody is interested locally ), and again I do not believe in DLC. We can bypass DLC just like making Wii with Smash Brothers.

- What you do in "real life"

I am just a student working towards my goal of making fictional joy. I studied/worked in various visual arts, theater, and some programming. I did tons of jobs unrelated to what I move towards because that silent voice of doubt instead of hearing "Don't give up" or "You can do it"

- Any other interesting facts, like how you

I honestly do not care anymore. I enjoyed video-games no different then the last person. I feel that videogames ( Including comics, animation, flash ) people have been discriminated, and then when we get to the real world with Religion, Race, and Cultures I even feel more discouraged, and even further more income. It is insanity. I wish I could just accept stupidity and be one of the button pressing rat racers of the world. Then again I would probably not be able to live with myself. Are videogames an escape? Did you drive into a stop sign after playing GTA too long, or did you realize everything outside looks like Fallout 3-NV-4-76 ?

Thank you for reading

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Fresh account/s
    ---
    9Matt2
    billybob884
    BZHGames
    capydat
    CastletonSnob
    CoolResearcher
    criticalkate
    Da_boss_bro
    DreamTR1975
    Erikson994
    flynn_lives
    FreeFrance
    Frosttie
    Galatia
    Gawie98SE
    GGunner
    Gilneko
    Hordriss
    jannick
    joelynnpamplin
    JonLeung
    Kittenpuncher
    koda
    Lauren Tyler
    lonehand
    ludemix2000
    maebryantot
    michael mallari
    Moe85
    Morgan Morris
    naveed777
    Nickrak
    Nikolai223
    ntwrk506
    PcEngineFan
    playklax
    Poawa
    Poppindeddo
    Posterman
    Project Reality
    rcxgames
    reqatytor
    Russellgill
    Smithmantis
    SNESPUNK
    sskylar
    tehsuparhackr
    Vsys
    Wildnine
    Zoe83

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jess Ragan here.

You may remember me from such fanzines as Project: Ignition and The Gameroom Blitz!
    Anyway, I've known Joe Santulli for a long time... he's a big reason why I started writing about video games in the first place! Ten years later, I'm still doing it. I no longer edit newsletters (too expensive), but my site The Gameroom Blitz is still updated from time to time.
    Annnyway, my favorite games are mostly arcade titles from the 80's. Sure they don't have a lot of substance, but fast intense action is what video games are all about in my opinion... the rest is just filler. I strongly resented it back in the late '80s when game companies took popular arcade titles and turned them into generic adventures on the NES. The Nintendo Entertainment System had plenty of these frustrating, convoluted games as it was... Capcom and Tecmo didn't need to add to the pile with so-called arcade "translations" of Strider and Ninja Gaiden.
    That turned into a rant awfully quick, didn't it? Heh heh... anyway, here's a list of my personal favorite games...

NightWarriors
    Street Fighter (series)
    Galaga
    Gyruss
    Gradius (series)
    Aleste (series, includes MUSHA, Zanac, The Guardian Legend, and others)
    Gunstar Heroes
    Radiant Silvergun
    Grandia
    Suikoden (usually I won't touch RPGs, but these ones were so good even I couldn't resist them)
    Mega Man (early games)

Anything else? Well, I can't think of anything offhand, so I'll wrap up this post right now.

JR

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MrRetroGamer here, loving all things pre Nintendo era. Stay Tuned 8) ....

Insert Coin (Level 0) PatronSaintOfLostCauses's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

Insert Coin (Level 0) johnnycombo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MadaBucka
    PSN
    JohnnyCombo

- Who you are
    Tim Dodson
    - Where you live
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Stumbled across them while beginning my actual "collecting"
    I love all sorts of games from the Atari 2600 through the Xbox 360, including almost every genre. If I find it fun (and even if I don't, which isn't that often), I play it.
    Currently, my biggest collections are for the PS1 and PS2 (not even from trying to collect, just games I've bought growing up), but am starting to collect NES, SNES, SMS, and Genesis games. My current consoles owned include:

Atari 2600
    Atari 7800
    TI-99/4A
    Sega Master System
    Nintendo NES
    Super Nintendo
    Sega Genesis
    Sega CD
    Playstation
    Playstation 2
    Playstation 3
    Game Wave
    Xbox 360
    Nintendo Wii
    Game Boy
    Game Boy Color
    Game Boy Advance
    Nintendo DS
    and a gaming PC that I build or update every couple years

Right now I am a Cook, but am also going to school for computer networking/IT stuff
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I am just starting to begin collecting older games, the majority of my collection is just games I bought new while growing up. I've never traded a game in or thrown any away, and even without trying to collect until now, I have amassed a decent collection of over 200 PS2 games, 150 PC, 100 PS1, and 35 or so Genesis games, not to mention about 130 games from Wii/Xbox 360/PS3. I also have at least a few games for the other consoles I own.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Sam
    - Where you live
    Southern California
    Probably through google - years ago.
    Platformers, action (God of War) and recently RPGs. I've only recently realized I've been a fool for ignoring them all my life. I'm also a big fan of the Tex Murphy series.
    PS2, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, Genesis, DS, GBA. I only "collect" games I actually like and think would be fun to play.
    I'm getting my MFA at USC.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Florian Huesmann

- Where you live

Cologne, Germany

Google

Shmups, Zelda, Monkey Island

My biggest collection so far is for the Sega Saturn. In the meantime I own a PAL Fullset and many japanease games

I am a Student

Pac-Man (Level 10) Ascending Wordsmith's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name's Mike and I live in North Carolina. My state runs on NASCAR, cigarettes, and Smokey & the Bandit marathons.

I'm a student at Salem College in Winston-Salem. I love this school; there's 1,200 students and the classes (when full) total about 14 people.

I'm not a die hard video game collector.; I collect series. My current collection goal is to gain all Bonk games complete. I am missing only two titles, and they're imports! This will be a time consuming experience. In the meantime, I'm leaning toward console purchases.
    Sega CD and N64 being my two most likely candidates.

I enjoy reading, writing, and especially drawing. I have a few works that I hope to see as video game characters one day. If not, then I can take solace in knowing they're my own creations. If I could somehow get them online, I'd post a few of them. Of course image hosting isn't free any more!

Thanks for listening (reading) and stop by your local convienience store for those refridgerated sandwiches I enjoy so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Charles Morgan from Muncie, IN.

I found these forums by trying to find a replacement for my aging Digital Press Collectors Guide 4th Edition.

My favorite games are usually the ones that are disliked by most other people (i.e. Sssnake for the 2600).

I collect for all of the systems that I own and several that I don't (basically, if I find a game system or something for it, I collect it.)

Unlike a lot of people in these forums, I don't really do ANYTHING in "real life". (Before anyone goes ballistic, it's not laziness or unemployment, it's more on the level of Muscular Dystrophy and nerve damage.)

Other "interesting" info includes: I'm 30 years old right now, I'm off line about as much as I'm on because I, rather poorly, built my own computer which breaks down constantly, and my avater comes from a series of comics and stories that I'd played around at making in high school.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction (for the hell of it)

Name: Jeffrey "J.D." Lowe
    'Net Names: jdllama or Jedi Drunken Llama
    Job: Game Advisor for Gamestop
    Hobbies: Doing voices. I do a wicked Cartman/Stan/Garrison/Mackey/Hankey/Grandpa/Satan/Phillip/Ned/Wakko Warner/Jimmy Stewart impersonation (but not all of the voices combined; what, do you think I'm crazy?)
    My Collection:

98 NES games
    8 SNES games
    40+ Atari 2600 games
    3 Atari 7800 games
    1 Lonely Playstation game
    4 Game Boy games
    And a partridge in a pear tree

Oh, and I'm also one of the new referees over at Twin Galaxies; my specialty is NES, Super NES, and the handheld Nintendo systems.

I also maintain Snipercade during what little spare time I have.

Hope that's satisfactory
    "[13:59:31] <JDllama> it's not that often that women want a guy who can meow on cue"

http://www.twingalaxies.com/
    http://www.snipercade.com/twingal/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Default helloo

hey everybody, my name is justin. i'm 26 and married for about a year and a half from north carolina and i'm an elementary school teacher. i also coach church league basketball and work part time some at the local ebgames. i started collecting kind of aimlessly around 2001 and it slowed way down around my junior year in college. but now since i graduated in 2004 my collecting has become a definant obsession. i have an snes, n64, ps1, ps2, dreamcast, gamecube, xbox, xbox 360, sega genesis, and sega 32X. i own around a total of 350 games most of which are for the snes (112 games). my goal is to own a 3DO, Jaguar, sega saturn, and basically every 8 bit system. i want to try to have a complete sega 32x library and then go from there. i'd love to own a couple arcade machines. anyway, i love the website.

Insert Coin (Level 0) AlphaNerd01's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face

- Who you are
    Evan, age 19.

- Where you live
    Washington, DC ... The Catholic University of America.
    A friend showed me the site a while back. I also visited the store a few times, and even went to one of the meetings. The store is great, and so is the site. I try to avoid this site cause I spend hours on it, and I need to focus on my studies now haha.

I always have trouble with this one. Hmm... lets do it this way.

Favorite RPG: Final Fantasy IV or Fable, depending what mood I'm in.
    Favorite Platformer: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Super Mario 64
    Favorite 1st Person Shooter: DOOM series, although Gears of War is already in a close second.
    Favorite Adventure Game: Dungeons and Dragons for the Intellivision! haha
    Favorite Sports Game: Mutant League Football or Tecmo Bowl, depending.
    Favorite PC Game: Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter Nights, or Diablo. I still can't choose.

Currently? None. I'm a full-time college student now. But before I went to school, I was collecting for all the Sega consoles. I have plans in the future to expand my NES and SNES collection.

Whoops, answered that already. I'm a full-time student here at CUA, and I also work part-time at GameStop.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I started collecting after I was given the family IBM PC in the early 90s just to play games on. I became obsessed with the computer, and how it worked. So now, I'm really interested in vintage computers, which isn't really 100% compatible (pardon the pun) with retro video games.

I've read some of your introductions, and I can honestly say this is my favorite forum right now.
    Genesis does what Nintendon't.

http://www.youtube.com/radretroreviews

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, been lurking around for awhile and decided to join finally. Wish I could visit the brick and mortar store but due to being on the other coast its impossible. Luckily I found another store I like in San Diego called Luna Retro games. Great little store to keep my hobby going. Well just wanted to say hi.

Tom

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone!

- Who you are Rory
    - Where you live Kansas
    - How you found the forums Justabum told me about them
    - What your favorite games are Little Samson
    - What systems you collect for NES
    - What you do in "real life" I'm OIlfield Trash
    - Any other interesting facts, I like nintendo

Insert Coin (Level 0) EmOneGarand's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Matt Alexander

I'm a student in my Senior year working for a BFA in Theatre Design, do game design in my spare time (nothing groundbreaking)

Games have been a big part of my life, can't remember when I didn't like gaming hah hah. I'm a collector but I mainly collect to play.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Joined a long time ago and just found it again.

- Who you are
    Joe

- Where you live
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas

uh...don't really remember

Duck Hunt, Counter-Strike, and BF2142

dont really

Stocker
    im out

Insert Coin (Level 0) Celestial Avenger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

I don't believe I ever bothered to introduce myself!

- Who you are

I am Lee. I've been around the internets for a while, but this is one of the few boards I want to call home now.

- Where you live

Memphis. Soon to be Sacramento.

Online rarity guide.

Xenogears, Final Fantasy VII, Psychonauts, Micro Machines

I tried Sega CD for a while, but once I got around 30 games, I realized about 25 sucked so forget it. Maybe I'll collect Saturn soon though!

I make copies. Wow.

- Any other interesting facts

I make a review show! It's gotten a few subscribers on youtube. I'm about average quality at best (for my standards). Most people seem to love it though. Check out my sig!

I'm sure that fad won't last. I always go through fad phases. Last year it was baseball card autographs. I got about 130+, more than half of which were on baseball cards from 1957 to 1969. 98% success rate on old players, 94% success rate overall. The cards look pretty sweet. I think I'll post a youtube slideshow of them all on a separate account. I respect the old timey players, and I'm sure a lot of them love getting fanmail. I think I'll do it again this year, but not so much. I won't be sending to any current players because there's no one I can trust. (lol steroids)

I like sports, and I don't know why. I intend to go to a lot of college sports games this year for some schools in my area, notably the University of Memphis, Rhodes, Chrisitan Brothers Univeristy, and possibly Crichton College. I don't like driving to crowded-ass downtown too often, and I'll mostly be going to basketball, baseball, and football events that have 60-200 in attendance.

I haven't been to FedEX forum more than once. It's a pain in the ass down there. :-( Oh well.

I also have a kidney stone at the moment! Yay me!

Great meeting you all. I hope to post much more often. Since you can't respond to me, here is my official Still Gaming topic.