Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The below excerpt is copied from a previous post to an older, less sophisticated message forum. If you enjoy reading it, new posts by the author will be available often at the NEW Digital Press Retrogaming Roundtable. Don't miss an issue!

For a very long time I'd been meaning to check out the 'Introductions' thread. I couldn't remember if I had ever posted to introduce myself, and meant to do so if I hadn't previously. Of course, I am a champion procrastinator, and I never got a round tuit (well, since that time in the 6th grade when my Dad gave me one...).

So here I am, taking advantage of the fresh start on the topic and presenting myself to the world here at DP.com.

I'm Steve Jacobs. With a not uncommon name like that, it's awfully hard to think up an easy-to-remember, unique AOL screen-name. What would be easy for people to remember and associate with >me<, that hadn't already been thunk up? Hence my screen-name - NoahsMyBro.

I'm in my mid-30's. It's been nearly 20 years since I was good at videogames, but at least now I can afford to get them, and I plan on getting in serious practice time 35 years from now when I'm retired!

I live in West Orange, New Jersey, with my wife Jessica and my son Nate, currently 17 months. During working hours I am the System Administrator/Helpdesk/Tech Geek for a web-consulting company in Little Falls. Our company is involved in ERP, CRM, B2B, etc... Don't ask me to explain the terms, but if any of our people needs help with their email I'm the Man!

I like tinkering with electronics, and (when I have the time) enjoy messing around making custom controllers for the old game systems. Some of the most fun I ever had with my 7800 was fabricating 2 controller adapters that allow you to use Sega Genesis controllers on the 7800, with 2 fully-functional, independent fire buttons. My favorite systems are the 5200 & the Dreamcast.

I have a small, crude but functional vanity website located at http://www.jacobshome.org. You may find out more about my interests there.

Lastly, I enjoy sci-fi, music of almost any kind, and until I moved to NJ and got well-acquainted with their overly present troopers, driving (fast).

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Jack Of Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Gabe

- Where you live

Port Angeles, Washington

- How you found the forums

I found these forums by accident while I was searching for some gaming avatars.

- What your favorite games are

My favorite games are Super Mario Bros 3., Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, Final Fantasy IV, Tetris, Fire Emblem P.O.R., Super Metroid, Pacman, Elite Beat Agents, Chrono Trigger, and plenty more.

- What systems you collect for

NES, Super NES, Genesis, Game Gear, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Playstation Portable, Playstation, Playstation 2, XBOX 360, and Nintendo Wii.

- What you do in "real life"

I'm a full time college student working towards my A. A. degree in music, I'm also trying for a minor in Graphic Design. I work at Good Will part time as a donations attendent to some extra cash for other things such as Clothes, CDs, DVDs, Anime, Manga, etc.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I use to go by haxblue17 on the Nintendo boards before they went down and I'm haxsawblue17 on the pojo boards.

I love singing and have been for the last sixteen years.

I started collecting games around 1991 when the Super Nintendo came out so needless to say, I've been at this for a while lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default hello

My name is Arringtastic1992. I live in DC. I found the forum of Flying Dragon (Hiryu no Ken games). MY favorite games are F-Zero X, Super Smash Bros, Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition and Samurai Shodown IV. My consoles are Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Starfox 64, Quest 64, Mace The Dark Age and Fighter Destiny 2 for Nintendo 64 and Super Mario Party and Brawlhalla for Nintendo Switch. My real job is scanning these papers at OFEO. I go exercising, playing video games and reading books.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arringtastic1992 For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (02-12-2019)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

New accounts
    ---
    Brock Landers
    Nainz
    ROBsLab
    tomkennes

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

New accounts
    ---
    Majora64

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

New account(s)
    ---
    dgt

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

New account(s)
    ---
    itsamemario

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi,

I'm from the UK and been gaming since the late since 1980. First system was a Philips Videopac which is the Euro version of the Magnavox Odyssey 2. First computer was the Acorn Electron followed by the Speccy.

I'm owner of a retrogaming business producing high quality models.

Favourite games change all the time but would be Monkey Island 2, Road Rash, The Last Of Us, Dune 2 etc etc

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsamemario For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (02-21-2019), Nz17 (02-20-2019)