The below excerpt is copied from a previous post to an older, less sophisticated message forum. If you enjoy reading it, new posts by the author will be available often at the NEW Digital Press Retrogaming Roundtable. Don't miss an issue!

For a very long time I'd been meaning to check out the 'Introductions' thread. I couldn't remember if I had ever posted to introduce myself, and meant to do so if I hadn't previously. Of course, I am a champion procrastinator, and I never got a round tuit (well, since that time in the 6th grade when my Dad gave me one...).

So here I am, taking advantage of the fresh start on the topic and presenting myself to the world here at DP.com.

I'm Steve Jacobs. With a not uncommon name like that, it's awfully hard to think up an easy-to-remember, unique AOL screen-name. What would be easy for people to remember and associate with >me<, that hadn't already been thunk up? Hence my screen-name - NoahsMyBro.

I'm in my mid-30's. It's been nearly 20 years since I was good at videogames, but at least now I can afford to get them, and I plan on getting in serious practice time 35 years from now when I'm retired!

I live in West Orange, New Jersey, with my wife Jessica and my son Nate, currently 17 months. During working hours I am the System Administrator/Helpdesk/Tech Geek for a web-consulting company in Little Falls. Our company is involved in ERP, CRM, B2B, etc... Don't ask me to explain the terms, but if any of our people needs help with their email I'm the Man!

I like tinkering with electronics, and (when I have the time) enjoy messing around making custom controllers for the old game systems. Some of the most fun I ever had with my 7800 was fabricating 2 controller adapters that allow you to use Sega Genesis controllers on the 7800, with 2 fully-functional, independent fire buttons. My favorite systems are the 5200 & the Dreamcast.

I have a small, crude but functional vanity website located at http://www.jacobshome.org. You may find out more about my interests there.

Lastly, I enjoy sci-fi, music of almost any kind, and until I moved to NJ and got well-acquainted with their overly present troopers, driving (fast).