Page 147 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm from the UK and I collect famiclones. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm 27 and I live in Norway.

Some of my favorite games are:
    * Super Metroid (probably my #1 of all time)
    * Chrono Trigger
    * Castlevania I, III and SOTN
    * Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
    * Fallout 1
    * Demon's Souls
    * Dark Souls

I'm not a collector, but rather someone who enjoys solid gameplay (ie. games that require you to actually make an effort, rather than just mindlessly mashing buttons) that isn't bogged down by too much storyline bullshit - something rather rare in modern games.
    I had a SNES since the early 90s (probably '91 or 92), which was my main gaming platforum until the mid-90s when I got more into PC games as well.
    I never cared much for the following generation of consoles (N64 and PS1), as many PS1 games tried to do 3D, and did it really badly, looking worse than good previous generation 2D games - on N64 I pretty much only played SM64 at a friend's house, and never particularly liked it, so based on that I decided that all 3D platformers (and 3D games in general at the time) must be crap and ignored the console. (of course, I later found out that it had quite a few decent games, if nothing as great as SNES)
    After my original SNES broke in 1998 or so, I pretty much completely switched to PC gaming (although a year or so later, I discovered the existence of emulation, and so much of my PC gaming from then on involved emulators) until 2004 when I decided to get a PSOne, which were cheap at the time and easy to find games for. Even though I still don't consider it a great console overall (it has a few greats that I know of, Castlevania:SOTN and Rayman mainly), I had quite a bit of fun playing it. A year later I got a PS2, and in 2006 I discovered the Sly Cooper series of games which finally disproved my belief that all 3D platformers sucked. Since then, I've been keeping up with all the current-gen consoles, although I still probably spend more time playing old games through emulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hola!

Hello all,

My name is Zach (on the internet I go by ZP3) and I am a game collector from the West Side of Des Moines, Iowa. I am a classic goodwill crawler, always looking for a deal!

I am a huge Nintendo fan, but I like anything Sega as well. I am only 17, so my first console was the Gamecube, but I collect NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Genesis, Dreamcast, as well as any Nintendo or Sega handhelds.

I have been playing games forever, but have only recently started collecting. Any leads on stuff in the Des Moines area, let me know!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers,
    ZP3

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Rakden
    PSN
    Rakden_Krell
    Steam
    Rakden

Quote Originally Posted by ZP3 View Post
    Hello all,

My name is Zach (on the internet I go by ZP3) and I am a game collector from the West Side of Des Moines, Iowa. I am a classic goodwill crawler, always looking for a deal!

I am a huge Nintendo fan, but I like anything Sega as well. I am only 17, so my first console was the Gamecube, but I collect NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Genesis, Dreamcast, as well as any Nintendo or Sega handhelds.

I have been playing games forever, but have only recently started collecting. Any leads on stuff in the Des Moines area, let me know!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers,
    ZP3
    Do you see anything good at the Des Moines goodwills? I've nary found anything in 6 years at the Grinnell and newton goodwills sans one sealed Carmen Santiago game.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macdude22 View Post
    Do you see anything good at the Des Moines goodwills? I've nary found anything in 6 years at the Grinnell and newton goodwills sans one sealed Carmen Santiago game.
    I have found some decent stuff; a Dreamcast with 2 controllers, a game, and a vmu; bunches of NES and Genesis games (Nothing too rare); and the occasional controller or Gamecube game. It does seem to be pretty dry around these parts, unfortunately.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I just joined and thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Chad, I live in Wisconsin, and I enjoy all console based games no matter their age.

I currently own the following consoles with games for all of them:
    PS3, PS2, PS1, Xbox 360, Xbox, N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, SNES, NES, and Virtual Boy.

I've always loved video games but normally only played the most current consoles and games. About a month ago I decided to change all that and I added all the consoles listed above except for the PS3 and Xbox 360 which I already owned. I've also added about 300 games in the last month.

I'm also into cars and motorcycles. Here's a list of my current vehicles:

Camaro Z28 (My weekend car)

Mercedes E-Class (My daily driver)

My Honda CBR600 (For really nice days)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mzo
    PSN
    Badtz-Mzo

Hi~!

Just joined!

My name is Mzo and I play video games. I've mainly only posted on the GameFan boards back in the day, which then became GameGo and eventually merged into The Next Level. I like everything but realistic driving and sports games, and am pretty terrible at RTSes. Everything else is fair game.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tman shadow
    Steam

Post Hey there

My name is Tate, and I'm a student at Winter Park High School. I've loved classic gaming since I found my Dad's old NES and hooked it up. I've been using this forum a lot lately and love to read the discussions and browse posts. Finally ready to dive in and join the conversation.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Hello

Hello, My Name Is Eli!

I been working hard to launch my own Indy game developing company, Piko Interactive LLC. We will concentrate in Retro consoles!

I been wanting to register here, but I was really busy!

This community looks really cool!

Thanks!

Unapologetic Japanophile teh_d3th_st4r's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I am an Old School Nintendork

I've been lurking here for at least a year now, so I figured I'd join the party.
    I love video games, I am a cartridge whore, I have a pretty stout console collection, and I compulsively mod everything.
    I'm kinda weird... but I'm an artist, so I get a pass on that one.
    I know how to fix everything from the Channel F to the N64, I'm also starting a series of tutorials on my youtube channel so people can properly mod and maintain their old video games... I also build handheld emulators and high quality chiptune gear... check out my DA gallery if you're curious.

That's your basic overview...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/tehd3thst4r

My deviantart gallery: http://nate-alig.deviantart.com/
    Last edited by teh_d3th_st4r; 03-13-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, greeting from California! My name is Shaun and I like the retro games from the 90s. A member from another forum mentioned DigitPress, so I came here to lurk and see if it was worthwhile. Now here I am, I think the site is very cool and seems to encompass quite a bit more than I'm used to which is a great thing. I mainly like gaming on Playstation 1&2, Gameboy Advance for my retro addiction. When I want to play something more modern I use PS3 and PC. Some people enjoy having the newest games released, I've grown to be sort of the opposite.. I like to pick up the games that others have forgotten or moved-on from. Before I end this i'd just like to say that I'm here for anyone who needs help/advice on modding Playstations (PSX and PS2), I also offer a service for those who do not have the time to do it themselves. I'm always willing to help!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hello all

Hello I am bart (polderarcade)
    Game and mostly arcade collector from Holland
    I joined here because I need some information on something that I can’t find y my self.

I am a big arcade collector whit my own arcade of 50 m2 and 25 machines
    Afterburner dlx
    Hangon dlx
    Silentscope
    Atari race driving
    Outrunners
    And much more will try to post some photo’s later on

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Andy (guile_bio), I'm a 90's kid that's really been into gaming since I got my first console (Genesis).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys! My name is Mark and I collect for the following systems:

NES
    SNES
    N64
    Gamecube
    Game Boy
    Game Boy Color
    Game Boy Advance
    Sega Genesis

I'm a cart collector, at heart...but I couldn't pass up the Gamecube either...spent a lot of time with one back in the day. Nice meeting you guys and I'll see y'all around!
    My YouTube channel:
    www.youtube.com/user/bigevil20

Insert Coin (Level 0) JAWSPAWNSHOP's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are....... Jaws Pawn shop and trading

- Where you live..... Hartford CT area ... shop is in new britain ct.

- How you found the forums... First on digital press 2001 ... moderator bought my factory boxed atari 2600 and wireless controllers off me.

- What your favorite games are... Shooters

- What systems you collect for .... PCEngine and Nes

- What you do in "real life"....... Disabled , work part time repairing computers, guitars , videogame systems.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Well it was more exciting back in the day (70's 80's 90"s) aside from bmx flatlanding, skateboarding and snowboarding (actually alittle bball too) games took up some of my leasure time. Id lay a few games out in front of me and start a pot of coffee then have at em. few games here and there adds up over time.
    I didnt go full bore until the turboduo came out. EB and Software etc had limited stock in turbografx so it became a hunt (no internet at that time) traveled to hall of games in taftville ct.. ultimate game club middletown ct... multimedia 1.0 in manhatten. (met greg wilcox lol) then i got the internet and traded alot with a friend in canada (justin cheer) .

I use to build tuner cars , spent 34k on a motor and trans for my DSM. ended up squeezing over 500hp out of her without nos . had to buy cans of race fuel and after a while the car became un streetable ( drag strip only)
    Then i sold that and bought a few vintage cars 69 buick and 64 T Bird. got a motorcycle but im selling that at shop (bikes and me dont mix) its a beull 1200 cc. and a 79 camero (for sale)
    Last edited by JAWSPAWNSHOP; 03-17-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    I am selling classic game systems and carts .

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/...psc6390234.jpg

Insert Coin (Level 0) SegaGamerGirl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello I am Catherine 24 from Québec ! My favorite console is the megadrive wich I have since I was young

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

Default Epic Forum had to join.

Hello, Names Elliott I am starting my own out of home gamer shop in Maryland. I have been calling myself 8-Bit Archeology for a while and I love gaming and collecting.

Currently I have a 1500+ Collection of joy and am always adding to it. Actually today I got a Sega Master System and needed to find out a way to fix it. This forum showed me how. then after browsing for an hour I had to join.

I have and collect for;

Atari LYNX
    Atari Jaguar
    GB
    GBA
    GBC
    DS
    3DS
    PSX/1
    PSP
    Turbo Grafx 16
    NES
    SNES
    N64
    Wii
    Sega Genesis
    Sega CD
    Sega 32X
    Panasonic 3DO
    Xbox
    Xbox360
    PC

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

Hi My Name is Gerry

I've been around but never registered.

I actively collect Colecovision I have 3 systems all accessories and about 110 games. My rareest game is Alcazar & Probably spy hunter

I started collecting intellivision just last month . I have the original system & intellivision 2 plus about 100 games including some rare ones.
    Tower of Doom , Thin Ice, Commando, Hover Force for example

Other than that I've got and interest in main 80's computers including the Coleco Adam, Ibm pcjr, Tandy 1000 and some early macs.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone. My name is Matthew. I am disabled, so I get to play video games all day long every day.

Game system/games I collect:
    NES
    SNES
    Turbografx 16
    N64
    Gameboy advanced

My favorite game/system is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Xbox.

I do not like the Nintendo GameCube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone.

I have been a games collector for, hmmm 15 years or so. But I like to change focus alot so I do randomly sell off everything

My current collections are also the ones that I have lived with the longest: Neo geo AES(s.m.f on most neo geo forums), Saturn and dreamcast. On top of that a couple of smaller collections (sfc, megadrive).
    My main focus is japanese shmups and beus.

Name: s.m.f/Johan
    Job: Automation engineer at ABB
    About: Wife, three kids,
    Favourite game: Rock n roll racing/SMW/Third strike/Battle garegga