Thread: Parking at the Marriott

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Parking at the Marriott

FYI

If you are staying at the Marriott, and have a car it will cost you $18.00 / day. It's valet parking so if you need to go anywhere or get something from your car your going to have to wait while they retrieve (also probaly tip them each time.) Also if you are checking out on Sunday then you will probably need to leave your luggage at the front desk.

See you at the show,
    Charles
    evg2000
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Their website also lists offsite parking with no pricing, but doesn't say what that means. It could be a lot or street parking.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

This is downtown, there is NO streetparking that you could keep your car in during the day. However there are city run parking structures and private lots. I know the private lots are 6bucks a day, but arrangements might be needed to stay there a few days w/o towing. The City stuff is paid, sorta. If you park there from 7Am (or so) till 6Pm you have to pay (and its based on the amount of time ur in there, i dont remember if theres a cap on parking but im sure there is) AFTER 6PM its free and u can park over night. To be safe it would probably be smart to move ur car in and out before the new payed day starts so your ticket is fresh for that day.

City Garages are on 3 and San Carlos [entrance is also on 2nd and San Carlos](right down the street from the hotel 4 blocks) 3rd And Santa Clara [well its like a half block down, but this is closest intersection to it] 4th and San Fernando and a few more im sure im missing. Ill drive downtown and post with results later. All spots are well within walking distance, but it will be a 10 minute walk+ with traffic lights and bag carrying.

ONE NOTE ON DOWNTOWN....
    Streets are 1 way in the heart of downtown.... Odds are Northward evens are Sounthward....
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I called the Marriott about their parking because we're going to need a couple of parking spots for our trailer. The lady on the line told me that their offsite parking is behind the convention center, and that's where we will have to park. She didn't say whether or not it's a payed parking lot, though.

-Jarett