Thread: Post your tips for future/current Sellers.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Post your tips for future/current Sellers.

Well... here are some tips.

-if you are selling a game tell alittle about it, like the styoryline and stuff, because half the time ive never seen half the games on ebay, so when i see a game that looks interesting i gotta go google it and look it up and crap. and sometimes if there is no info about it I avoid it all together because it really bugs me.

-MAKE SURE your games work. because alot of the time the auctions say the games have been tested blah blah and then when i revcive the game it either BARELY works or doesnt at all. basically they looked at it and judged if it would work or not.

-Kindly email the buyer that you are shipping the item. i know this is hard for power sellers i dont expect them to, but half the time normal sellers dont even inform you on whats going on, and sometimes its annoying because you wait a couple weeks and dont get anything then email the guy and they say "OH, i wasnt sure blah blah blah"

-Be kind and curteous. ive had quite a bit of people selling me stuff and they are total ass wipes...

-DONT OVERCHARGE FOR SHIPPING. most cd cased games cost arond 2-5 dollars to ship, i always see "shippping $10" wich is BS...

well.. thats all i have. feel free to add stuff guys!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am glad that someone has posted something about this. But I doubt that the assclowns that overcharge for shipping, and screw over collectors arent the type that give a shit enough about it to even come to a site like this.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. If your buyer insists on a money order, accept only a postal money order, and instruct your buyer to include with it a copy of the item's auction description. Have them keep a photocopy of both, and the envelope, before they send them to you. In turn, when the envelope arrives, document with photographs / photocopies everything that was in the envelope. This way, if the buyer falsely cries fraud later on, you now have the power to make a federal case out of it, and postal inspectors don't play around. Likewise, the buyers receive the same level of protection.
    2. Use Priority Mail to ship most games, especially single games. Shipping for a few CD-based games or cartridges is only $3.85, and if you buy with Paypal & print your own label, it comes with free delivery confirmation & tracking numbers. Further, the boxes are free, you just have to go to the post office & ask for them. Specifically, ask for "video mailer" boxes if you're planning on sending a single game, these + some styrofoam peanuts make for a quick delivery, and they're small enough to fit in mailboxes.
    3. Specify the amount of time the buyer has to either cough up by paypal, or notify you of a payment by money order, before you will begin the NPB process. In my limited experience I find that 5 days to notify or pay via paypal, 10 days to receive the money order is reasonable.
    4. Ship promptly. Nothing annoys a buyer more than waiting 3 weeks for a product paid for with BIN.
    5. Be up-front with buyers about the exact state of the product. If the game box has sun-bleach damage on the back, notify the buyer, don't just photograph the front without mentioning it. Likewise with video-store stickers on cartridges & CDs, etc. Nothing's more frustrating than getting a new game in the mail and finding out that it's essentially worthless.
    6. A pet peeve: If your NES game is missing the styrofoam insert inside the box, it is NOT "complete."

All I can think of right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And now a few tips for buyers;

1) If you have any questions about my item please ask before you bid, not once you've won.
    2) I'm sure that you want your item shipped right away, so please don't wait a week and a half to pay for for your purchase.
    3) If you send me payment by mail please include something letting me know which auction you're paying for. I generally sell more than one item at a time and I'm not a mind reader.
    4) If you send me payment by mail please make sure that you include your name and shipping address and they're legible
    5) If you want the ability to track your payment once I ship it then pay for the optional delivery confirmation and insurance. Don't ask me for a tracking number if you know you didn't pay for it.
    6) My shipping rate is listed in my auction description. If you don't like what I charge then don't bid. It's pretty simple.
    7) If for some reason you are unhappy with the item that I send you, contact me and let me know it. Don't just leave negative feedback calling me an idiot. If you contact me and have a legitimate complaint I will work with you. Most likely I'll refund your payment or exchange the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-Pictures are an asbolute must

-Gotta agree with the person above who mentioned honesty about condition. I rate the CD/cartridge, manual, and box of every item I sell from 1-10 and then describe why I gave it that rating.

-Speed is essential on both ends. Nobody likes waiting.

-Offer more than one shipping option. I offer media mail for $3 and priority for $5. When you figure in cost of shipping materials (I always use bubble mailers) that's pretty darn close to exact cost. That way someone who wants to save money and isn't in a hurry can get what they want.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I sell everything just fine without pictures -- I sold my Suikoden 2 to someone here without one, and Achika also bought my copy of Vay for Sega CD without one.

But I made sure to make up for the lack of a pic by writing a COMPLETE AND CAREFULL description. With EVERYTHING included.

So, no, pics are not needed, but if you don't have one make sure you describe everything in carefull detail. If you are the buyer, ask if you are not sure.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If your going to be slow in shipping or only ship once a week list it in your sale or auction so buyers know it ahead of time. If you have a car accident or something let the buyers know there will be a extra delay in shipping.

When you list something maybe put the genre for the game as well as maybe the developer. More important for the more obscure stuff.