So what CURRENT system games do you think will be collectible in the future? If this thread gets good replies I'll move it to the classic discussion forum so we can all laugh at our speculation sometime down the road.
A few off the top of my head. As always, this is pure speculation
- Sneakers for Xbox. It's a Toys 'R Us exclusive and it's not very well-praised. Usually that means not many get sold (though look at what happened with Hasbro's "Frogger"). Selling at a slightly lower price of $29.99 now.
- Mad Maestro for PS2. That weird game in that even weirder yellow box. The unusual genre would have appealed only to the hardcore (most of us here, probably), and the buzz when it was released was that it was limited in distribution anyway. Pretty good chance this will be sought after some day.
- Mister Mosquito for PS2. See Mad Maestro! Same publisher, same rules.
- Air Force Delta for Xbox. I still don't really understand if this is rare or not, but it goes for insane amounts on eVilBay at times. It was an early Xbox release, perhaps in limited distribution because of its somewhat limited appeal, but hell. It LOOKS gorgeous, and the series has been around for awhile... I don't get this one.
- ZooCube for GameCube. I don't have any "real number", but I've heard this one was hard to find in stores right from the get-go.
More? Let's hear your thoughts.