Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
I think you mostly just have to consider the distance the package is going and the type of the box. A box is a lot less likely to get squashed if it's filled up with stuff.
A cardboard box is never truly filled, though, and they have absolutely no corner load rating, and in any case you have the ability for significant wear between box and paper. I suppose some cheap cartridge or PSX game is one thing, but when I pay over $20 for a boxed game I like it to arrive in the condition I paid for. Almost all the individual games I've bought recently are over $50 each. I'm happy in that I've gotten a bunch of games from folks like Maxlords and Game Choice Club who use actual boxes of the correct size to send stuff in, because it means I'm likely to get something that actually looks presentable.

I don't feel I have any business paying money to let other people damage 10-plus year old games on my money...and it's not really that hard for folks to go find a little box of some sort, if they're a trustworthy seller that is. I've been lucky in that most of the items I've bought have been in groups and from sellers who actually sell things with frequency. Sticking with folks the community is familiar with and who have experience means a lot less trouble is likely to brew.

In any case, if an item gets scuffed up, it's not on the seller's dime, right? Yeah.