Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Really Bad PlayStation Games!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also hated Beyond the Beyond and SaGa Frontier, tho I'd have a hard time calling them "bad" games, just seriously flawed and definitely not something I'd want to play. Add to this list Shadow Madness, a game whose only redeeming features are decent backgrounds and humor. (And the only really funny character in the game dies in the first ten hours! Unforgivable.)

For true retchedness, tho, check out:

Cardinal Syn - a truly horrible, broken fighting game is painfully bad graphics.
    Die Hard Trilogy - I know many people love this ugly ugly game but come on! The game might be playable if I knew what the heck I was looking at, but probably not.
    Warriors of Might & Magic - Painful to look at, painful to play. This game has some truly awful controls, dialogue and... well pretty much everything in this game is bad.
    Vampire Hunter D - This is a great way to ruin a license right here. Take an interesting character and setting and then drop it into a horrible, uncontrollable mess of a game that has very little to do with the character or setting.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a few more to throw in:

-Twisted Metal III: 989 Studios really screwed this one up. Only a couple of the levels are any fun, and the others are just too small or boring.
    -KISS Pinball: If I didn't collect pinball sims, there's no way this stinker would still be in my collection. The controls are awful and everything moves way too fast for its own good.
    -V-Tennis: An early 3D Tennis game, and a good example of how horribly most early 3D sports games have aged. It's only worth owning if you want another R7 in your collection.
    -Tomb Raider III: The best thing about this Tomb Raider sequel? It's not Angel of Darkness on the PS2.
    -Critical Depth: I have to agree with smork. Great concept, but the controls and camera ruined it.

Also, check out my thread on the worst PS1 racers, where I bashed Racing, Ford Racing, Destruction Derby 2, and Sno-Cross Championship Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    Another game that deserves to be mentioned is Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker. Acclaim did some pretty bad stuff with the Batman license, but they have nothing on the horror Ubisoft created.

IGN wrote a witty review of the game that explains how awful this turd truly is:

Link
    Finally, I have a story from a few years ago that involved this game. I'm hanging out at a friend's house, and he's trying to talk another one of our friends into a ride to Best Buy. He finally agreed to the ride after being offered Batman Beyond (I think he offered something else as well, but I can't remember).

The only problem was that friend had a Ford Taurus and its best years were far behind it. We're off and heading down 82nd avenue, and once we get near the Fred Meyer about ten blocks away, the car breaks down... in the middle of the street. After what seemed to be about ten minutes, he managed to get the car running long enough to get off of 82nd, and pulled into the Fred Meyer parking lot. The other friend wound up getting what he wanted in Fred Meyer's electronic section, and fortunately, the car ran long enough to get us back to his house.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I have another to add:

- Crash Bash
    A handful of mediocre mini-games hastly thrown together to compete with Mario Party does not make for a good game.

Insert Coin (Level 0) blitzchamp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    Spice World. *vomit*

I rented it at Blockbuster, because at the time, I found the Spice Girls to be so bad that they were amusing. I even went to see the movie with a friend and got a good yuck. However, the "game"... if you can even call it a game... is SO bad... you cannot get any kind of twisted enjoyment out of it. Even if you love to play bad things, this will still be too bad of a game to play.

It's one of those games where you make a music video. I know Britney Spears did a game like that, I think. Except you don't DO anything. You take ten minutes, put together a shitty video with pointless dance steps, and then you're done. There's no goal. There's no reward. There's no challenge. There's not even any creativity involved, like a Mario Paint or some such.

My mind felt... numb afterwards. Probably the only time I voluntarily took a game back to Blockbuster days early.
    Yeah this game was terrible, the extra video that exists in the game is longer than the game itself which is pointless and basically this game was just easy money for the Spice Girls with no worries about how good it actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I can't believe no one's mentioned Dragonball GT: Final Bout, the only fighter that takes 3 seconds to turn around in.
    I was really excited when I got a free copy of this a few years ago and then after I got it I almost instantly wanted to give it back. The best part of the game is the intro clip, it's more entertaining to watch that clip over and over then to play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko View Post
    Anyway, there was just one Playstation game I can think of that really got on my nerves... Irritating Stick. This title had two strikes against it already... it was designed by the creators of that Neo-Geo misfire Shinoken, and it was based on a Japanese game show so obnoxious it makes even Regis Philbin and Jeff "Rectal" Probst seem pleasant by comparison. The third strike was a combination of hideous graphics, simplistic gameplay, and the world's most nerve-wracking soundtrack. What's most pathetic is that a similar game was released on the Neo-Geo, and it was five times the game Irritating Stick was despite being made for a much older system.

I bought Irritating Stick for five dollars. To this day I still wish I had my five dollars back.
    Oh man I hate Irritating Stick, it's the worst game on the PS imo. I played it once in a demo cd for the PlayStation Underground and it was awful, any slight touch on the controller and you were zapped and had to start all over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Crow: City of Angels sucks balls. Instead of the undead badass from the comics(and partly from the movies) you are instead refined to a slow moving test dummy that constantly gets shot over and over again before you can ever get close enough to kill your enemies.

The Incredible Hulk was also pretty bad. I can't think of anything good about this game. The Hulk himself was rather gimpy in it. This one should have stayed on the cutting room floor.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Steel Harbinger immediately comes to mind *shudder*

Cybersled was quite awful on the PSX. The first (and only) time that I played split-screen with a buddy was spent in fits of laughter as we slowly chased each other around the circular battle arena with a raised platform in the middle.

Pretty much any Acclaim game from '96-'97 qualifies for this list.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Looking bad on my old posts in this topic, it makes me sad that there was once at point in which my life had not been tainted by Bubsy 3D. Now I can say that it's the only correct response to this topic.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Demon_Attack82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheToadie

What about Cosmic Race?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it wasn't mentioned before, Nightmare Creatures 1 and 2. Hated both of them. I know they had a fanbase though back then.

Insert Coin (Level 0) EColeman24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tales of Legendia and Rascal Racers come to mind. In Tales of Legendia I was done once the pig started dancing and gives the "recipe" for toast >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Defcon 5 was pretty awful. Trying to have any fun with this game will get you killed, and playing it 'right' is about as much fun as folding laundry.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

I love the original Blaster Master so much, but Blaster Master: Blasting Again sucked so bad! Horrible loading times, bad camera angles, bad viewing distance,and most importantly, not fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    compute1984

There's a reason 2Extreme sucked: it predates button-mashy trick-doing games. If you remember the original espn xgames psx game (release title, baybeee) it sucks compared to that. xgames 1 was a pretty good racer, imo, even though you didn't have tricks.

I remember begging for Kileak: the dna imperative because my mother would not buy me games. Man that was disappointing.

Destruction Derby was cool but I hated the load time..it took like 3 minutes to load every race.

I seem to remember a 3Dish megaman game that was not very good..
    See my latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: http://holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Looking bad on my old posts in this topic, it makes me sad that there was once at point in which my life had not been tainted by Bubsy 3D. Now I can say that it's the only correct response to this topic.
    Whats even more amazing is that a mere two years after Bubsy 3D they would go on to create one of the greatest(and grossly underrated) Playstation franchises of all time: Syphon Filter. Somehow they went from making a triple "F" game to making a triple "A" game.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Crow: City of Angels.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by geelw View Post
    overblood- love the title screen/intro, techical stuff like the switchable camera angles and some of the gameplay ideas. but the monsters look stupid, the characters can't run worth a damn, and at one point you can click on and get killed by an armless, legless statue! the hysterical thing about that last part is in the much better sequel (overblood 2, which has nothing at all to do with the first game), there's a statue in that game as well as an in-joke to folks who fell for it in the first game. when you go to look at it, if you click on it, it falls and kills you as well!

YOU DIDNT LIKE OVERBLOOD?!?!?!

*MIND EXPLOSION!!!*

ok seriously tho...almost none of the gameplay mechanics hold up today....fuck...they barely worked then, and the graphics and clunky controls were always BLEHHH

but can u seriously sit there, and tell me u didnt let out even a single tear drop or emotional scream to the heavens, when your trusty sidekick and personal robot, "pipo" died?!?!?

YOU HAVE NO FUCKING SOUL SIR....

the game did have a good story tho....but i can see why some people would lump this game in this category
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Insert Coin (Level 0) FireAce86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OmegaWeapon487
    PSN
    OmegaWeapon487

Some bad PSX games I've played:

San Francisco Rush (Which I actually like, lol. )

Fighting Force ( It is a shame this game is a PS1 Classic on PSN, where games such as GT2 or Tenchu, isn't up there ).

Jersey Devil
    Gray Fox: "Snake.. we're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in.. Snake... farewell."

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Sheep was pretty dumb, You control a version of BoPeep wearing dark eyeshadow and spiked bracelets and walk around the field yelling "hey!" to scare the sheep in the correct direction to solve puzzles. It's the only action you have. And it's top-down 2D graphics that look like they could have worked on some older platform of the time, like Super Nintendo. Totally corny, totally boring, and a waste of time and money to have.

So I sold it for like a nickel or something. I have no clue, it was just in a stack of games I had to trade in for store credit.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    xiMoshyx

Bubsy 3D-infamously poor

Baby Universe-Possibly worst than bubsy

Street fighter the movie game-Tried to rip off mortal kombat but failed miserably,although its the last appearnace of the actor of Bison (forget the name)

All 3rd party ps1 games-You know the ones my pony,puzzle hunters,101 dalmations,the really really bad cheap ones you could get for literally a few pounds,or as i like to call them "Bargain Bin Scum"
    The revolution continues....

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheShireGamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, this game I picked up because I thought it looked cool. The game I picked up god knows how long ago is Shadow master, I dont know if you guys know this one, but I hated it with a passion after my first run through it. The controls are extremely sloppy and are probably theworst part of the game, everything else is ok for PSX, but the controls makes everything suck even worse, dont pick this one up!
    In a realm beyond sight
    Where the sky shines gold not blue
    With the triforces might
    Makes mortal dreams come true