Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

I never actually seen this NES cotroller before until now. I think I rather stick to the old fashion NES controller.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ironically enough, I bought one of these at Toys R Us a long time ago, and it was the only piece of new VG hardware I've ever purchased that didn't work. When I plugged it in, it would just start doing random stuff, and the NES would crash. I remember this controller came in a bright yellow package. I was thinking it was Nyko but High Frequency could definitely be it.
    We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Manimal
    I am pretty sure it's a HIGH FREQUENCY controller made/sold for Toys R Us, because I have the same exact one. I can't stand the thing. That rimming on the outside sucks, the buttons stick. It sucks. Though the turbo is nice...
    How sure is sure? I've seen it around as well and I actually have one very simalier (looks exactly the same), cept the cord is coming out the side. I know that both of these controllers do not have any indication of who made them printed on them, themselves, so if you could confirm this with a box or packaging that'd be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was not 100% sure but I just dragged the damn controller upstairs from my basement and it IS a High Frequency controller, Toys R Us used to carry this brand or still do? I remember when this was purchased, it was High Frequency, and even maybe 5 years ago these cheapo controllers were in the clearance bins in mass. There is no text on the back of the controller or even on the cord itself, you are right there. There's 5 screws though haha I admit I am quite surprised there is no note of a company making this on the controller at all. The top of the cord has large circular crap thing at the top in the center, unlike the original NES controller which was simply the cord coming out of the top, which was wrapped around a few loops in the inside so it didn't tug and pull/move around.