Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of the 3 current home consoles wich is your favorite?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    by the way Daria I am a self proclaimed SILENT HILL ADDICT!
    SILENT HILL4 Xbox bound ithcy....tasty...oh thats tha wrong game
    It's looks really good doesn't it? (:

I know they're comming out with Silent Hill 3 for the PC I hope they port it to the XboX aswell. I loved the extra features and enhancments they did for 2.
    ________
    HANDJOB MATURE
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To me its basically a PS2 vs Gamecube match even though I have all three. There are some damn good titles for both it just depends of what kind of

games you like. As far as the Xbox goes unless you mod it I see little point almost All games are availible on the other consoles or pc so my non modded xbox kind of just sits there . I mean even its most popular game(halo) is out on pc so why bother?. Oh if I offend anyone out there my opolgies.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favorite is the Gamecube. The loading times are great, there's the Game Boy Player, and the console doesn't take up too much space onmy already crowded shelf.
    The PS2 is a close second, because of it's library, and backwards compatibility.
    The Xbox is my least favorite. I don't like it at all. (Although I do want to try out Halo to see if it lives up to the hype).
    I have 14 PS2 games and 11 PSX games, and 7 Gamecube games (see the link in my sig for exact titles for each system), but I don't collect for any of those systems. I just buy whatever I think I'd like when I see it for a good price. I'd like to get more Gamecube games, though.
    My favorite Gamecube games are Metroid Prime, Burnout 2, Sonic Mega Collection, Zelda Collector's Edition, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    I haven't played Wind Waker yet but from what I have seen it looks like it will be in my favorites once I get the game and play through it.
    Currently, I'm playing my GC more than my PS2 since there are a few GC games I'm playing through right now (Burnout 2, Ocarina Of Time on Zelda Collector's Edition, and Sonic Mega Collection).

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

PS2 by far. Xbox hasn't really shown me anything I can't get on PS2, and I've gone through 2 Gamecubes...didn't like F-Zero, didn't like Metroid Prime, didn't like Zelda, Hell, didn't like anything except Smash Brothers and Animal Crossing. Currently I have 40+ PS2 games.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also have to throw out some Dreamcast lovin... best console since the NES.

Back to the given topic, i have a GC and a PS2 - and the PS2 wins by far. My rational for this decision - .hack, FFX, FFX-2, Suikoden 3, rpgs, rpgs, rpgs...

Join the Konami All Stars and get FREE stuff!

Visit the Prototype Archive - System Failure - A really old backup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I have an Xbox and a Gamcube.

1. I don't really collect anymore, so "none" would be my answer. Doesn't mean I don't hang onto games but I don't for the sake of having a game.

2. I would say Xbox is the most enjoyable to play. I like the controller way better than the oddness that is the Cube controller. The system also has the games I want to play and if its multi-console it usually has the best version (IMO).

3. Hmm, fave games. I'd say 007: Night Fire (multiplayer rocks the house. Yo.), D&D: Heroes, PGR2, APEX, Midway Arcade Classics, Voodoo Vince, SW: Jedi Knight 2. Why is it my favorite gen system? See question 2 and add on there "default hard drive saving (no memory card needed), personal soundtrack playback".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

I have PS2 and Gamecube, but would like to pick up an Xbox later when they are cheaper. I prefer the Cube slightly for its higher number of exclusive games, and for the multiplatform games that are better than on PS2 (Xbox would win here, but I don't have one yet). I'm not collecting for any right now, just getting games I want to play.

PS2
    Favorite games: ICO, Silent Hill 3, Suikoden III
    also liked: Activision Anthology, Ridge Racer V, SSX
    on deck to play: Getaway, Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill 2: GH
    want to pick up: Battlestar Galactica, Bouncer, Castlevania, Fantavision, Futurama, Manhunt, Metal Slug 4/5(cs), Mister Mosquito, Rygar, R-Type Final

CUBE
    Favorite games: Animal Crossing, Cubivore, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
    Also liked: Super Mario Sunshine
    on deck to play: Eternal Darkness, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Star Wars: Rebel Strike
    want to pick up: Beyond Good & Evil, Dragon's Lair 3D, Enter the Matrix, Godzilla: DAMM, Killer 7(cs), Luigi's Mansion, Mario Golf, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Party 4, Metroid Prime, Midway Arcade Treasures, Midway Arcade Treasures 2(cs), P.N.03, Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, Soul Calibur II, Viewtiful Joe, Wario Ware Inc. Mega Party Game$

XBOX
    want to pick up: Doom III(cs), Halo, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Star Wars: KOTOR, Tron 2.0(cs)
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria

I know they're comming out with Silent Hill 3 for the PC I hope they port it to the XboX aswell. I loved the extra features and enhancments they did for 2.
    Is SH4 coming out on XBOX? I thought it was PS2 only. I too am a Silent Hill addict. I LOVE resident evil, but Silent Hill is so much better. Just so it is known, the Greatest Hits version of SH2 on PS2 has all the extras from the Xbox version.

The new RE games on the cube were pretty scary, but SH... ooh I'd love to see that one come to the cube.

woah this is becoming fanboy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

XBOX - This is my favorite out of the three...And here's why: the S controllers for xbox are probably my favorite controllers in the history of gaming(except the 2nd saturn controllers, and arcade sticks, steering wheels, etc.) Also, there is a great library of games like Kinghts Of The Old Republic, GTA: Double Pack, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Cel Damage, Ninja Gaiden, Blnx: The Time Sweeper, HALO, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Counterstrike, and many more. Plus the Hardrive, customizable soundtrack, best console online service, and the new feature of transfering your MP3s from your PC to you XBOX are all more great reasons to buy an XBOX if you dont have one.

Gamecube - Although the controllers(Horrid!), and design arent great the awesome games make up for the silly looking console, and controller. I actually dont have a GC yet, but Metroid Prime, Zelda: Wind Waker, Resident Evil, Monkey Ball, Ikagura, Billy Hatcher, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and Mario Sunshine are all factors of me wanting one of theses bad boys...Also i feel like i should support Nintendo. They have given me such great times in the past. The least i could do is shell over 100 bucks and buy a console....

PS2 - The design looks like it was drawn by a rigid, boring, japanese buisness man who had a large rod up his ass at the time. The thing just doesnt look cool. It is however a pretty powerful system, and the graphics look nice. But i just dont like the PS2, there are very few exclusive games for PS2 that i really like...In fact i cant think of any right now. I will admit that if you like liniar RPG's(squaresoft type games) than the PS2 is the system for you, but i dont really like RPGs, so there just isnt much that the PS2 can offer to me. Also the lack of controller ports, built in hardrive, and a good & cheap online service arent helping things either.........
    The Monarch: Hey, guess what? Nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden. We never should have brought the henchmen. We're going to be the only ones there with henchmen!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47835

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D

Is SH4 coming out on XBOX? I thought it was PS2 only. I too am a Silent Hill addict. I LOVE resident evil, but Silent Hill is so much better. Just so it is known, the Greatest Hits version of SH2 on PS2 has all the extras from the Xbox version.

woah this is becoming fanboy!
    Yup Silent Hill 4's comming to the XboX. And I didn't know they added the extras to SH2, but then I didn't know it was a GH either. But eh... I hate the PS2 GH boxes, the green PSX ones weren't too bad but the red on the PS2 cases takes up half the box. So glad I got the XboX version.

And nothing wrong with a fanboy as long as he's not fanatical.
    ________
    Kids zoloft
    Last edited by Daria; 05-11-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know they're comming out with Silent Hill 3 for the PC
    I hope they port it to the XboX aswell.
    - already out
    - kinda doubt it, pt3 deals with events that happened in pt1. (Which is why i havent played my 3 yet, cant find a cheap original pt1 >_<). whereas pt2 was a stand alone game

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

At this very moment it's PS2 for me, but the systems shift and vary between "favorite" as new games are released. Like it's been since the beginning of time (Since Ralph Baer), the system with the best games is always my "favorite".