Thread: eBay unbanning advice?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eBay unbanning advice?

Does anyone have any info with regards to unbanning on ebay?

I was banned today, for something presumably which I did wrong on ebay last week? I have two usernames, both under my name and address, one has not so much feedback...

I listed a Super Nintendo Converter for sale, I figured I wasnt doing anything wrong as there are loads of these sold every day..

The auction got pulled last week, and for some reason this week, they decide to BAN my account? and also my other account (which has 1146 feedback)

I've been a member of ebay for 4 years, I have an overall 99% positive feedback record, which I think is pretty damn good, a reputation for sending games out very quickly, well packaged and providing an excellent service.

I've been reguarly paying eBay anything from £100-£200 per month....... and now I've got my accounts banned...

A few months ago I was banned for selling so called "counterfeit" Microsoft Software... I had to send the software in question to Microsoft in the USA (I'm in the UK), to verify that it was genuine... of course it was genuine, and it took many emails, and Microsoft got me unbanned...

Does anyone have any advice? On ebay it just says I can email them (I don't expect a good response?), or that I can fill out a form, basically saying I won't do it again (all though I did this in the Microsoft case before I sent the software off) - and never got any kind of action with regards to the form?

If anyone has any advice I would be extremely greatful...
    I've got so much stuff to offload it's unreal! x_x

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No advice.. boo hoo woe is me

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maxlords told me you are not supposed to be selling converters on ebay. WHy there are others, I don't know, and why they picked you out of them all, I don't know either. Being banned with all that feedback sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just curious....if your feedback was so jammin on one account why did you choose to sell from another account with lower feedback?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm

Sorry, don't know anything about getting unbanned ... my only advice (somewhat late now) is to avoid getting banned in the first place!

The trick is in the wording of your auctions. Basically, don't list anything with the words "Converter" "mod" "import adapter" "backup" in.

There are ways of describing exactly what the item does so that everyone will understand, without actually mentioning any of these words, which are usually the thing that gets your auction flagged up for attention.

I haven't had an auction pulled for quite a while now due to careful wording ... I also assisted a guy who had all his auctions pulled for similar reasons to re-write descriptions that would not offend ebay (including for a speed & region switched Saturn). It worked too .. all the auctions he resubmitted stayed ...

Vroomfunkel

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was building up a bit of feedback on another account because I wanted to get two good images on ebay if you know what I mean..

I was going to put different types of goods for sale on both accounts, I hear that some people won't trust that you're selling something legitimate if you don't usually sell the same type of item... usually I sell games, but recently I've been branching out !

Anyway... 24 hours later, and still heard NOTHING from ebay customer support..

I'm expecting a robot-email !