Thread: Name that Saturn import ...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Name that Saturn import ...

I just got a huge load of Saturn imports delivered, and have had a happy weekend sifting through them all ... but I have come across one which I cannot work out what it is.

Sadly I have nowhere to post the picture but here is my best description. It is something "II", a Capcom Action game. A side scroller, with graphics that are very reminiscent of Dungeons and Dragons Collection (no suprise really, given that is by Capcom also ...) I think you can choose between five different characters - one has a big sword and a big beard, one has bare fists and big muscles, one looks like an arrogant prince, one looks like an old man with armour and a bow and arrow, and the last one is a bald dude with a goatee thing going on and a sword.

Now, given that ... who can tell me what the name of this thing is?

Vroomfunkel

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ..

... no matter! I used the very handy search function on videogameimports.com, and brought up all Japanese Saturn Arcade Action games ... and there it was, near the end. It turns out it is Dynasty Warriors 2 - which they have priced at £50. I guess that means it's worth about £20 then?

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it's called Tenchi Wo Kurau 2 (aka Warriors of Fate, aka Dynasty Wars 2). It's NOT called Dynasty Warriors 2

And yes, £20-30! Made by Capcom...pre D&D tho. Great game...I have it myself! It's a fairly rare game...nice find!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ..

Uh, yeah! My mistake .. that's whart comes from trying to figure these things out at 1am!! Have yet to try it .. but if it is anything like Dungeons and Dragons, without all that irritating loading inbetween every screen-length, then I will be very happy!

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In fact, that's EXACTLY what it's like...D&D without the loading or the magic. It's VERY VERY good!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default yep

Cool! I had a go on this yesterday actually, since I had a day off work - and as you say, it is just like D & D without the crappy load times or the magic. I absolutely love it! In fact, I even think that the pure gameplay is better even without the loading considerations. I especially liked charging around on the horses ... fanstastic! The graphics are pretty sweet too ... I can't believe this game doesn't have a higher profile. I played this, Princess Crown and Dungeons and Dragons Collection .. and in my opinion, Dynasty Wars 2 is by far and away the best, despite the huge amounts of hype about the other two.

Vroomfunkel

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I still have yet to play this myself, I got it for free, complete, and maxlords gets on me all the time for not having played it...

If you have imports you're looking to get rid of, always keep the buy/sell thread in mind, as I'm always looking for red label and fighters for the saturn

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default oh yeah

Played it this weekend again, with a freind during our Easter weekend epic games / films / beer fest :-) Got pretty far .. then realised that what we thought was going to be the end was in fact nowhere near the end! Great fun though ..

As a matter of fact, I have a load of Saturn imports to get rid of .. the trouble is I don't really know how much things are worth so I never know what price to put on them in the buying / selling forum. But anyway .. the ones that are defiinitely down to go are:

Grandia, Last Bronx, Sakura Wars 1 & 2, Panzer Dragoon, X-Men vs. SF RAM box set, Vampire Savior RAM box set, Super Robot Wars F, Super Robot Wars F Final. There'll be some more before too long as well.

Some I am holding back specifically for my 32X trade box though - largely in case I come across someone who has Darxide and or Primal Rage for the PAL 32X and is willing to trade. Hence I am putting together aside a lot of the really good stuff for that purpose!

Vroomfunkel