Hey,

I updated the rarities and prices on my NTSC-U Playstation rarity guide, plus converted the entire guide to database format. It's in .pdf at http://people.bu.edu/cure/playstation.pdf. If possible, don't distribute the list, since it's more for us collectors than anything.

The list covers all 1278 (!) traditional Playstation releases, price, rarity (in C, U, R, ER format), greatest hits, longbox, collector's edition, "Top 50 PSX games" based on gamerankings.com compiled review scores, alternate cover art and interesting pack-ins (like the 3d glasses with Heart of Darkness). I also listed out the Lightspan titles that I've come across, as well as the "Box Sets" released so far.

For a true guide, with commentary, developer, foreign releases and the works, you'll have to wait for the guide that QoF is ably putting together here at DP. In the meantime, the guide I created lists 40 or so titles that haven't made it into the DP guide yet, plus more current rarities and prices in many cases, as well as the latest games that have gone GH.

The guide should be accurate in every way, down to the last colon on a subtitle or a "Disney" vs. "Disney's". If you notice anything even the smallest bit wrong, post here or PM me and I'll make sure to throw in an update. If any rarities seem strikingly off to you, let me know of those two.

This guide is based on real-world data plus 18 months of ebay tracking. While prices do swing wildly in rare cases, the rarities and nearly all prices should be quite accurate.

There are a few areas I'm still not clear on, many of which we need to figure out for the DP guide as well - Is there a "Banditos" version of Toy Story 2? Are there "WTC" and "no-WTC" versions of Spiderman 2? Is there a Spawn: the Eternal "chrome" cover variant? I'm also curious about the "Fighter's Edge" cover variants - I've listed a few games that have both regular covers and "Fighter's Edge" covers in their jewel case release. Are there any others that fit this pattern? Finally, I'm almost certain there are two or three more Lightspan titles - do you own any that I'm missing?

Thanks, peace,
Cure