Super Mario World, please.
There should be a poll.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 2
Super Mario 3
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Land 1-3 (GAMEBOY)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island
Paper Mario (N64)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)
Super Mario World, please.
There should be a poll.
SMB. 3 is unbelievably magical and has an atmosphere untouched by the current or last generations of video games. It is both the best Mario and NES game.
Very hard to decide between World and SMB3. I think World has the edge just slightly.
As for 3D Mario games, Mario 64 > Mario Galaxy > Mario Sunshine.
1. Mario World
2. Mario 64
3. Mario Galaxy
Easy one to compile, that one. If I had to keep it going, 4-6 would probably be SMB3, NSMB and SMB1 in that order.
I believe I have to go with Super Mario World as my favorite as well.
After that I go SMB 3, SMB 1, Galaxy, SML
everything else I have either not played enough to have an opinion of...or strongly dislike.
gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting
Super Mario Bros 3.
1. It is an original improvment of the first game.
2. It is the real truw squeal and not a repeat or alternative.
3. It was out early and text along with animated graphics and etc
4. During the time of it's release Mario was popular then ever and was comical.
5. It was the last real Mario Bros game.
Why not Super Mario RPG?
1. While it did a overall of Mario on a comical scale that is universal it was basically like a made game. I do love and consider it best but along with a fitting end to Mario but at this time the game got a little too off key but Up there with...
Why not Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
1. This is a prqeul to all the games and makes no sense other then tiying the loop hole with the games.
2. Made use of Yoshi other then a side character for Mario World/ Cookie/ and so fort.
3. Has it's own series and while it does surpass SMB3 it is iffi in terms of action.
4. Make use of Kamek as a supporting character rather then another Laktui.
Why not Super Mario Land series?
1.The games all is diffrence so you really can't put them side by side. They also are very differnt in terminology.
2. The original is just the original Mario game but in a more creative world. I mean wow a desert land along with the enemies it was fun and all and while I do like it was a basically Kid Icarius minus the arrows and mountains.
3. The last game starts off the Wario series and I will admit that is the best for Wario series so far other then the Mini game saga.
4. The second game was okay but basically fan based values.
Why not Super Mario Brothers 2 ?
1. While this was the best graphically and the fact you had use of the characters the game was basically a revamp of the original game. It has three revisions sooooo while it is Mario Madness it is too fanbased Mario and while it is at it's best and is very free it was not ..................
Super Mario Brothers 3 while not being as explorive as SMB2 it was more Mario
then the other games and the worlds was a treat for exploration and fun.
I mean the game was challenging but it was more fun at the same time. It was the "Beyond good and Evil" of Super Mario games. It was the pinicale of all series.
Also Raccon Mario is soooooooo Cute especially when he is full Racoon. This game while not the first had free movement of Mario allowing him to go wherever he wanted to go and he could controls Laktiu's cloud if you was lucky. You could be in that game forever racking up points.
Last edited by Harkunan; 06-01-2008 at 03:10 PM.
As much as I love Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World, the original Super Mario Bros. is my favorite because of how incredibly tight the game play is in conjunction with the timeless level design. Up until a year or so ago, I would have been torn between 3 and World as my favorite, but my heart has progressively been captured more and more by the original as I continue to play the masterpiece that is the first Super Mario.
Now that I've knocked the dust off of this thread, anyone else want to weigh in on this timeless debate?
Pretty sure I will catch flack for this, but I love Sunshine for the GameCube. This game was awesome, the idea of cleaning up the island and the transition to more sunlight as you progressed gave you an added sense of accomplishment. Yoshi, superb water effects, racing challenges, underground sewers, funny side characters, secret areas, old-school influenced levels, and fantastic level design made this game great. The addition of the nozzle didn't drastically change the gameplay, but it did a fantastic job of adding new elements to the classic Mario structure. I can still play this game anytime and have tons of fun. Second would be Paper Mario.
Dr. Mario Is The Best
At first I was pissed that Galaxy wasn't mentioned, then I realized the poll was made in 2004, so all is forgiven.
My top 5
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario 64
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario Bros. 2
I voted for Super Mario 64, but Super Mario Bros 3 definitely comes a very close second. After everything the first SMB had to offer, and the...interesting changes that SMB 2 (Or at least as we knew it in America) brought to the table, SMB 3 was ground-breaking, and I wouldn't be too hesitant to say it was one of the best, if not THE best, games for the NES. SM64 was a fantastic game though, and it really showcased the franchise's potential for longevity, as well as bringing in a whole bunch of great, new gameplay elements that make it the kind of game you go back to again, and again.
Mario World, never played Mario RPG though.
I have a lot of love for Mario 3, but two things hold it back from being the all-time classic in my book:
1. Lack of a battery save. It demands you play through in a single power session and therefore discourages the kind of exploration and secret finding of some of the later classic games in the series.
2. Some of the levels in the middle worlds are pretty forgettable. For me most of the time it was always just playing through the first few worlds and then fluting it over to the final world.
I think Super Mario World wins for me because it pretty much improved on everything from SMB3 and then some. Having the expansive overworld with all its secret areas and seasonal changes was awesome and made the game feel so much more epic. The battery save encouraged and demanded multiple playthroughs, and this time around I found every level a joy to master. With the special blocks, different endings, secret doors, cape exploration and all the Yoshi stuff, there was just so damn much to do in that game!
Whenever I want to play an old school Mario game, SMW is it. Props to New Super Mario Bros. Wii though...I thought that game really got the retro feel right, and getting all those star coins made for a fun challenge. Plus, best final boss ever.
"Enduro" is a symbolic journey through life via the media of a race.
I like Super Mario 3 that is really good & most play full game on internet. mostly people who play super mario they all recommended for "Super Mario 3".
competitive seo for insurance
I've played (* = didn't finish)
And I gotta say the best is definitely Super Mario Bros. 3. The level designs and lengths are perfect. The way they teach you everything is so cool. It's easy to pick up and rewarding to play when you're good at it.
*here I just started listing shit
hopping on everything for a while for lives
the way the levels end
the cooperative play
second would be Yoshi's Island but I'm not sure I consider that a Super Mario game. It's so stylish and fun. The controls are spot on and the level design is great.
third Super Mario Bros.
fourth Super Mario World or Wario Land (again not sure I consider it a Super Mario game)
I realize I mention Super Mario World so late compared to a lot of you but here's why
- The levels are too long.
- The signature genius Mario level design is just not there. I'll admit I only beat the game once and it was a while ago but the best levels I remember were the ones with the platform moving on a wire and the star world ones where you use Yoshi and specific colored shells. About having only beaten the game once too, the game just doesn't grasp me like other Mario games. But the game is good.
- Yoshi was fun but clunky at times. I don't know the word, slow? You know how when you turn around in Super Mario World on Yoshi it takes too long. Something's just off. It was cool how swallowing different colored shells did different things to Yoshi.
- The game is big and fun but it's just not as fun as 3 or Yoshi's Island.
- Mario looks dumb. Yeah I really put that as a reason. haha
- The world themes are kind of lame.
Wario Land is really fun. Fun abilities and everything. It's just cool and different. Having the bull hat and sticking to a ceiling or shaking the ground and flipping every enemy... throwing enemies and everything. It was my second game ever after Donkey Kong Land 2 so I have some sentimental value towards it. But I've replayed the beginning a little every once in a while and always have a good time. Just a solid game. It's a little slow paced. After some thought I might put this above World.
not into the 3D Mario games
there it goes
Last edited by Khalpz; 11-28-2012 at 01:55 PM.
I guess compilations don't count, otherwise my vote would go for All-Stars + Mario World, which was bundled in one cartridge. You just can't beat a collection like that. Kirby Super Star was another major incentive to invest in an SNES.
I voted for SMB3 in this case. Personally, I think Super Mario World is a little overrated. It borrows from SMB3 in several ways, but it's a bit regressive in comparison. When I first played it, it was kind of disappointing how all the thematic worlds were gone, and everything was just one continuous trek from one section of the world map to another.
My runner-up would be Yoshi's Island. The game didn't receive as much attention as it could have, given it was released so close to the end of the SNES' lifespan. Thankfully it was later re-released on the GBA, with bonus levels.
Last edited by granz; 06-30-2013 at 11:47 PM.