Thread: Bio Hazard Battle

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Bio Hazard Battle

Can anyone confirm different copyright dates in the title screen for this Genesis game? A code floating around the internet claims it has to be 1990 for it to work but the loose cart I've got says '92. I've also read elsewhere there were three revisions of the rom (90, 91, 92) but you know the old saying. If there really is a fifth 'dragon' ship I'd like to know about it.

At the ship selection screen, highlight the ship in the upper left-hand corner and press A + B + Start. You will begin as the all powerfull Dragon-bio 5.
    While we're on the subject I must profess my love for this little gem, I will have to score a boxed copy in better condition soon. It's almost like Darius Twin for the SNES, with aquatic themed enemies and two players simultaneous. Excellent music. I would say the challenge is much better balanced however.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I love the game too, brother.

I can't speak too much about the copyrights and variations, but there IS one variation of the game that I'm quite fond of. The import.

The import is called "CRYING". And while the game itself has nothing detectably different from the US release, the artwork is just SO SO SO much better. "Bio Hazard Battle" my ass. Do yourself a favor and ditch the Genesis version, get the Mega Drive game (see image below, snatched from an eBay auction).

I am suddenly compelled to play this again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You'll hear no contest from me about the artwork being better. Even the titlescreen for Crying is better as it is consistent with the jacket art. Unfortunately getting Megadrive carts to work in domestic Genesis units is a real pain, especially since I don't have an adaptor.. :P and I see boxed US copies on ebay right now for cheap. Real cheap.

But really, was there ever a Genesis game given better box art state-side? EVER?

My favorite level has to be #3, with all the foilage and jungle jams, UNH!!!

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

brat, you could change that statement to has there ever been a game given better box art state side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Tee hee, too true.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alot of Japanese MD games will work just fine if you have a game genie or action replay cart, if not that then that $10 adapter from lik-sang. I think I've read for some of the later Jap MD games, there were codes that would make them work thru a GG if it wouldn't start on it's own. Not all but some of the later games at least. But alot of stuff works just fine as is, just needs the GG or AR to plug in as the Jap MD games are squared off and don't fit an unhacked Genesis casing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
    brat, you could change that statement to has there ever been a game given better box art state side.
    That game would be...ah, nevermind.

I still say Super Castlevania 4. Zelda titles too, such as Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and even the N64 titles, though that's subjective.

Anyhow. I've gotta write this one down for my "MD to get" list. I always forget about it, somehow or other.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

BHB is definitely one of the better Genny shmups out there. One of these days I'm going to have to track down Crying, though - just for the box art alone.