Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Katarak
    PSN
    Katarak

Default Famicom disk system problems..

I'm having a little problem with my FDS and i was hoping someone here knows how to fix it...

I purchased it some time ago, as a non working unit, and i assumed i just had to change the drive belt...

when i recieved it. I was getting error 22, 21, and sometimes 27.
    took the thing apart and an elastic was where the belt should be...

Today i installed the belt, and i don't get errors anymore. The machine doesn't work though...It just stays stuck at the "now loading..."

any ideas?
    check out
    www.killerkorp.com
    not much there but it's growing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine had a busted belt. After I changed it I have got nothing but error 21, 22. If it stays stuck at the now loading screen, chances are the belt still might not be working properly.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK so firstly where did you get the replacement belt and do you know if its the correct size.

secondly when you put a new belt in you may need to adjust the speed of the motor to allow the disk to spin at the correct speed, generally when you install the belt it will be tight and cause the motor to spin faster or slow than required. You can adjust the speed with a bit of trial and error, so far ( touch wood ), ive not had a machine i couldnt fix ( and thats over 20 machines ).. you want to make sure you have the right belt though, the wrong thickness or or size could cause th ebelt to slip off the cogs when the drive spins properly.. i realy should document the entire replacementand adjustment process, but if you look at the small cog you will see a little black rubber circle just below the cog... if you slip a small phillips head jewellers screw drive into the black hole you should be able to turn the screw ever so slightly, do this then try the disk, i suggest to put the drive back together so that you can try the disk but still get to the rubber hole without needs to disassemble everything. Try this over and over until the drive works, takes me around 5 mins to adjust a drive to the correct position.. The way i know it works is that when the drivehead moves all the way to the back of the drive ( towards the power supply ), it make a little click noise and then moves all the way forward, at this point the screen should come up with the nintendo license screen..

IF you need more help send me an email or PM or shoot some questions here I dont have a drive to take a phot of right now, so just document the process properly.. Might have to pick up a cheap drive to make a repair guide..
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books