Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bottom 20 Nintendo NES games

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And Total Recall... maybe Die Hard as well.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Quote Originally Posted by XxMe2NiKxX View Post
    I think I'm the only person in this world who likes Action 52... well, the Genesis one at least...
    No. You aren't. I will be quite honest, its in my top 10 on Genesis. And that says quite a bit. I'm slowly on my way to a complete set and am sitting somewhere around 200 Genesis games.

I played the NES Action 52, just as awesome as the Genesis one.

Action 52 is definitely not made for this list.

Allstate, you're in good hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

*blinks in consternation*

How did Master Chu & the Drunkard Hu NOT make this list?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Okay, I came upon this thread while searching Magmax, and I have no idea how anyone could say that it sucks. It's awesome.

Oh, and there appears to be a lot of hate for black box titles. I personally like Baseball, even if it is slow. Even 10-Yard Fight has a certain charm.

Where's Exodus: Journey to the Promised Land? This game just gives me a weird feeling as I play it. I have no idea if it's the music or the graphics, it's just not a fun game to play.

Yet I keep playing it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It makes me happy to see some people defending Friday the 13th, yes there were better games, and it was a bit frustrating and easy to get lost, but it really tried. And at the very mention of it, despite not playing it in years, I can still hear some of the music playing in my head. I wonder if I can find my copy...

Fester's Quest as well, the execution could have been a lot better, but it really doesn't deserve the amount of bashing it usually gets, and again, music comment here, if anyone has this cart laying around or an emulator with decently accurate sound, fire it up real quick, you've got to at least love the title screen rendition of the classic theme song...I remember the game over music entertaining me as well.

Silent Service: Alright, not a great game, but again, not terrible either.

X-Men: Yes. Now THAT is a terrible licensed game. Even in younger days when I was totally loving the cartoon series that ran on Fox and I really wanted to like this game, there was just no defending it.

Dr. Chaos: You can't be serious. It's so good. It's kinda like Goonies II but managably smaller and thereby a lot less frustrating...

Defenders of Dynatron City: BLASPHEMY! I loved that one! The character variety, the city to wander through....really, it's good....give it a chance

Solar Jetman: I didn't like it much either due to the gravity/thrust mechanics frustrating hell out of me, especially with an item in tow, but I acknowledge that doesn't make it a bad game...I'll give it another chance one day.

Ghostbusters: Yeah...just for the mechanics of the horrible staircase sequence in the NES game, I actually preferred the Atari 2600 version of this, and that's not so great either...

Back to the Future: I played this one a lot, and it annoyed hell out of us. I can definitely understand the hate, and I've even gotten to the final level before...I came to terms with the main game, and once I got the hang of the milkshake throwing I even kinda liked that, but....yeah, definitely deserves the bashing it gets

Exodus: Lol...I remember this showing up on some kinda demo station in a Christian bookstore my dad used to drag us to sometimes, so I played it a little there, can't say I totally hated it, but it's not particularly memorable either. Probably better than the infamous Bible Adventures game, but that one had its own value in laughs, for picking up stacks of four animals as Noah, or that other part....definitely remember a good half hour of hysterical laughter about accidentally chucking baby Moses into the river repeatedly.... :P

But anyway, can we get some hate in this thread for Mission:Impossible? So much wasted potential >< Oh, and some more hate for the TERRIBLE port of Operation Wolf, the Zapper was no good for it because it's a single-shot weapon in a rapid-fire dependent game (and not even a good gun for the two-handed firing that works so well in, say, Time Crisis or House of the Dead), and wtf fun is it supposed to be playing that game with a joypad? :P

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The worst in my collection has got to be Ghostbusters. I prefer E.T. on the 2600 to this game. The staircase level is infuriating. If only I could take back the hour of my life I spent on this game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why in the hell is Robowarrior on this list?? Evidently, I'm not the only one perplexed by this decision:

Quote Originally Posted by Sinteres View Post
    I love Robowarrior and blew many a day in my childhood on it. Why is it hated on so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis View Post
    I disagree with most of that list. Especially:

Robowarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NESaholic View Post
    Huh?!?! How come Robowarrior is in that list, it's amega cool game?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhades View Post
    I surprised Robowarrior is on that list. I actually like that game.
    While I wouldn't lay down my life for the good name of Robowarrior, I do feel its inclusion on the final cut of DP's "Bottom 20 Nintendo NES games" discredits this thread, especially in light of other posters' protests and a complete absence of support for this decision. I wouldn't give half a damn about this old thread's list, by the way, if it wasn't canonized in The Timeless Classics.
    Last edited by treismac; 03-12-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd definitely not place Deadly Towers in the worst games list, it has some degree of fun to it. Also, why is Cheetahmen II on the list when it wasn't really sold in retail (or in Christian Bookshops in the case of the Wisdom Tree games) and was merely a prototype than a full game.