Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
I feel sorry for anybody trying to buy every PS4 game in existence, there's something like 4000 or more physical games. All I know is that if you come across a cool looking game in a store and pass on it, there's a high probability you'll never see it again. I've done that too many times. Didn't buy Cannon Spike for the Dreamcast, never saw it again outside a game convention. Ring of Rose for the PS2? Passed on it, goes for something like $600 now. Yikes. So if I find a game that looks fun and it's at a reasonable price, I try and grab it.
Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
I was intrigued by Ring of Rose for the notoriety, but I can recall passing it up when I saw it listed at like $60 for a loose scratched disc so many years ago. I suppose even that goes for much higher now.
These posts are a bit old now but I guess I missed them the first time. I've passed on Rule of Rose at EB Games when it was about $60 brand new, I figured I'd wait for a used copy to turn up around $20. Never happened. Same with Solatorobo for the DS, it was I think $20 new at EB Games but it was an open copy being sold as new, so I wanted to wait for a used one or to find an actual sealed one at a different location. Again, never happened and I missed out. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually come across copies at some garage sale. Those are just some of the new-at-retail releases I passed on, I passed on used games at thrifts and other locations which were much worse to miss out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
LRG in trouble again this time for selling cdrs for 3do games.
https://twitter.com/Voultar/status/1785760704663896230
I heard about this earlier today, some youtube posters were talking about it. I guess you're supposed to just keep the games sealed to be graded, you're not supposed to open the packages to view the contents.

I remember when posting negative comments on LRG here was frowned upon, any poor business practice by them was excused by supporters who bought every release. Time has really changed things.