Thread: Video Game Variations Website

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Game Variations Website

Hi, all. I haven't been here in a long time. Some of you may know me tied into the giant label variation document. I've been working on it now for 11 years. 6 1/2 years ago I ventured forth to create a website that verifies everything that is on the list. The site is called videogamevariations.com. At the moment it is also .info and .net, but I may get rid of the .net because of the higher expense. Over the past 20 years or so, I've helped Joe with his Digital Press guide. I wish he still put out a printed copy, but it's not meant to be anymore.

The giant list has grown considerably from what some of you may have known about it. I took a dead list and added not only more cartridge and label variations, but also manuals and boxes. Although it's still not complete, I wanted to present everything I've done. So if you have some time, feel free to visit the site. The site was only made for informational purposes. I have no plans on making anything fancy. The Atari 2600 has been the main concern, but eventually I will add other systems like I began with the Intellivision. Over the past few years, many things have come up where working on the site was put on hold. My hard drive crashing set me back a couple of years.

Regardless, I am putting in many hours and will try and finish the Atari 2600 section by the end of the summer with all cartridges and boxes. Manuals will take much longer due to the amount of time it will take to scan all the pages.

For those willing to help, please browse titles by company. If you see I'm missing a scan and you have the game and can help with scans, I would appreciate it. Also, the boxes for Atari have been getting more detailed over the past couple of years with the amount of information I'm providing. If you look at my General Atari page above the table of Atari made games, you will see how I have figured out the order of release of the various box variations. Not only is Revision # a factor, but the printer/printed date played a major role in figuring out everything. This also helped to determine the relative releases of the games and their variations.

I want to thank anyone who has helped me in my endeavor and hope that many more collectors out there will contribute. For those who love variations and want to collect them, or even see what's out there, my site should give you hours of research. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you.

Phil
    Last edited by Philflound; 08-04-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    Visit my website for all the variations in existence.

[url]http://www.videogamevariations.com[/url]