Thread: Got my gold mario, now what?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default Got my gold mario, now what?

I got mine, I had seen them a few days before release at work and I was surprised that people lined up. so after work today I went home and changed so people wouldn't ask me questions and came back and waited. I knew there were only 8 and I was the 8th in line.

did any one else get one? judging from the amount of them on ebay they aren't rare at all so people shouldn't have a problem finding them for a little while. probably in about 3 months they'll get their real value since it is a limited run for walmart.
    any limited run skylanders like this we got at work lasted about 3 shipments but didn't sell well. I see why this would be any different. they are selling but they are almost all up on ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Scalping! SHOCK and SURPRISE!

You're probably right about how it'll go though. I'd love to have one, for 12.99, but $80 can eat a dick. Nintendo's idea of limited is weird, so don't think they won't do multiple runs of it in staggered amounts to keep interest up. Shulk for Gamestop is having a big run supposedly in May due to the game coming out and due to the scalping, same with the other so called 'A-B tier' fake ass rares. Ride the wave, let the suckers get sucked dry. They're just cool $13 pieces of plastic with an embedded chip to mess with certain games, that's it.

If I never end up with Lil Mac, Fox, Pit, Captain Falcon and Shulk(in time for Xenoblade) oh well. They'll end up on some flea market table for jack just like infinity and skylanders do in time.

Congrats though being able to get the thing through all the clowning going on with these things. I'd rather have that one then the other 2 Mario figures at this point on my desk.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 03-20-2015 at 10:30 AM.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    Got my gold mario, now what?
    Sell it for 2k monies.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We were at Wal-Mart at midnight. There was only one other guy and this young couple waiting alongside my cousin and I. The lady working the department told the young couple that they wouldn't go on sale till 8AM and they were a limit of 1 per person. She also told them that all Wal-Marts in the Interstate Loop were under the same rules for their product. I didn't go to bed till 4:30AM so there was no chance I was getting up at 7-ish to be in line by 8AM.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RP2A03 View Post
    Sell it for 2k monies.
    That seems like all they are pretty much for these days. So yeah sell it or trade it for a game you want.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    judging from the amount of them on ebay they aren't rare at all
    The same can be said about all of the Amiibos, even the 'rare' ones.

I want a gold mario myself. Its a shame the scalpers totally ruin everything amiibo related. It would be awesome if I could score one for the retail price of 13$.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

None of them are particularly rare at all, it's the scalping causing the problem because a lot of stores these days if you call seeing it online they'll hold it all day or for a few hours, some will even do inter-store transfers to buy from whoever is close to you so the hassle isn't much there to get away with it. Sure some are printed more, the Mario family stuff really, because you have more demand there, same with the Zelda figurines too. But it's not like for every 10 Mario/Zelda buddies you have 1 of the 2nd tier smash bros peeps, it's more likely a 2:1 ratio because the game still is quite hot and lots of people love all those characters so there is a demand there. THe only stuff that would be in a lesser ratio obviously would be the sole store items because they're feeding less total units because it goes to less stores but still it can't be that razor thin to dare get what they are online now if people would stop poaching and let buyers have what they want.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

If more come in I'll try and get some for trade bait for those that really want them. Even if it is for somehing of the same price