ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    --48 in 48 hours? Self control time! Well perhaps you'll end up hating some of them and parting them back to us to fill holes.
    Self control is a phrase I don't know very well.

If I some how end up with any doubles I'll sell or trade those, otherwise it hold onto everything I buy. Some of the most fun games to play are the ones that are just terrible.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    There are faaaar better gundam games than those, but forget their names.
    yea but these were ones I got cheap in multi cat auctions on ebay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    Self control is a phrase I don't know very well.

If I some how end up with any doubles I'll sell or trade those, otherwise it hold onto everything I buy. Some of the most fun games to play are the ones that are just terrible.
    Yeah sticking to the Japanese theme it's the Godzilla Factor. So bad it's good.

I grabbed a lucky pick off ebay last night. Mitsume ga Tooru for $40, usually clears $60 with shipping and it's a fantastic game with art by Osamu Tezuka based off his story. Love his stuff as I've got all the astroboy books among other things. I still have to get that for Famicom too.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Astro Boy for the Famicom is pretty bad, especially by Konami standards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm that bad eh? I know it's a one hit death game.

On the topic of Famicom stuff, what's the deal with how damned dirty these things tend to get? I know the Japanese back in the 80s had some habits like smoking, disposable stuff, and so on but yeesh. I got my 5 games in the mail today, one is smoker yellowed (F1-Race) and also that one and another the pins were closer to black than shiny and took a LOT of work that my thumb hurts from getting it right. Even the clean games still brought up some gray gunk to the q-tip and wet magic eraser. I've had my range of good to crap with NES pick ups, but I've rarely if ever seen a US game that damn blackened.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I can only remember one game giving me black gunk. Pretty sure it was Socket for the Genesis. But then the label was in pretty shitty condition. Dirty and mostly torn (probably there were rental stickers and someone ripped them off).

I have a Battletoads & Double Dragon for SNES that has the front label almost completely covered with a Blockbuster sticker. Not sure about a safe way to remove it so I've left it on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never knew there were so many games for the famicom that language wasnt an issue. I was going to start doing a few years back but I got lazy on finding what games were the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm that bad eh? I know it's a one hit death game.

On the topic of Famicom stuff, what's the deal with how damned dirty these things tend to get? I know the Japanese back in the 80s had some habits like smoking, disposable stuff, and so on but yeesh. I got my 5 games in the mail today, one is smoker yellowed (F1-Race) and also that one and another the pins were closer to black than shiny and took a LOT of work that my thumb hurts from getting it right. Even the clean games still brought up some gray gunk to the q-tip and wet magic eraser. I've had my range of good to crap with NES pick ups, but I've rarely if ever seen a US game that damn blackened.
    Hmmm that's weird. I've rarely had problems like that. In my experience the Japanese used games I've picked up, some labelled as straight "junk" and "dirty" were immaculate/mint by US seller standards. I'm pretty OCD too with q-tipping, cleaning, magic eraserin', resealable baggy and clear box protectoring all my games.
    __________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I have noticed this also, Ive got quite a few famicom games and all were ordered from Japan. ALL of them were wicked dirty when I cleaned them. So much black stuff on the pins. Maybe when they 'blow' on the game they also exhale cigarette smoke into the cart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe, that would explain both the outside and inside of F1-Race. The US based stuff (that was not just picked up in a Japanese lot left as-is) has been very nice, just the usual quick rub to get it totally nice thing going on there like my Armadillo was already sparkling inside and out.

Stealth, my thumb still hurts from working those carts over I got in that auction lot. I found since I can't get into the games themselves other methods, but they get painful. I have baby-qtips which are thick stemmed and have a fatty center with thicker cotton and they help a lot. Also I have these pinchers on a rubber handle and I rip a small piece of magic eraser off with 91% isopropyl alcohol on it and rub away with that. It worked on everything but F1-Race, it's just fubar overall but it fires up fine so whatever, everything else the boards are my standard of clean which appears to be yours short of bagging and boxing.

Yes there are a good many Japanese Famicom games that have little to no language in them where you lose little to nothing. Armadillo I mentioned, the menu off the title screen is, and some text junk for a page before it starts with the basic story is too (Easily had online) but the rest is fine. Much of the Namco(t) arcade games are straight enough ports so no language issues there either. You usually run only into severe problems with adventure games with RPG elements (Bio Senshi Dan and other 'Goonies II' style games), textual adventures/mysteries like Famicom Club, action rpgs, rpgs, and simulations. Those you'll hit a wall with but anything else you can just ignore it as it's fluff (like the 'Thank you mario/king has been changed' texts of SMB3), opening stories (armadillo), and other oddball little popup boxes as it's unneeded, and in the few cases it might a quick faq check has it.

Right now I"m getting slowly pissed off at US customs out of Chicago OHare. They've been sitting on Moon Crystal and Crisis Force famiclones for 4 going on tomorrow 5 days they notified the post office it was going to them, and it hasn't gone anywhere yet. I looked up their name on google and it's pages of pissed off people so I'm hoping they don't just sit and stare at it for 2 weeks before shipping it the last few hundred miles left. Also won Mitsume ga Tooru a few days ago, clown finally got a number to ship on it in the last 18-24 hours and ebay said it would ship within 1 day so that sucks too. I also got a copy of Joy Mech FIght coming shortly from a NA member on the west coast, that should be fun, a Nintendo made wannabe robot street fighter game.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Right now I"m getting slowly pissed off at US customs out of Chicago OHare. They've been sitting on Moon Crystal and Crisis Force famiclones for 4 going on tomorrow 5 days they notified the post office it was going to them, and it hasn't gone anywhere yet. I looked up their name on google and it's pages of pissed off people so I'm hoping they don't just sit and stare at it for 2 weeks before shipping it the last few hundred miles left. Also won Mitsume ga Tooru a few days ago, clown finally got a number to ship on it in the last 18-24 hours and ebay said it would ship within 1 day so that sucks too. I also got a copy of Joy Mech FIght coming shortly from a NA member on the west coast, that should be fun, a Nintendo made wannabe robot street fighter game.
    This scares me, my Neo Geo AES reached O'Hare's customs today. I didn't think anything of but still decided to Google it and found the same complaints you did. Hopefully we don't get stuck waiting the 45 days they can hold it without notice or documented reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Did you have them shipped EMS? Just curious. Whenever I buy something from Japan and have it shipped EMS it takes 4-5 days, and regular air mail is always 2 weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not entirely sure I'll have to ask the guy. He goes by tracker on NA, American living in Taiwan, and he has a great selection of famiclones, multicarts, and asian stuff for other systems too. It wouldn't surprise me if it was airmail, and it was accepted on the 18th, at the post office/airport on the 21st, and then in the US on the 23rd at O'Hare and it shall sit there until they're motivated. It seems silly when it could arrive in 6 day (18th to 24th) if customs wouldn't do a sit and spin on it.

I found another Famicom game I'm interested in, Konami of course, and goofy. It's that Yume Penguin Monogatari title with Pentaru on it. You can't die, you can just fail in it, but it's not that easy. Basically you're a fatass and your prissy girlfriend is fed up. You need to clear each stage in a set time or she'll call and break up with you. The 'damage' you take is the enemy throwing food at you if they don't just knock you over, so you have a fat meter, and even if you finish the game, if you've got thunder thighs she'll break up with you anyway! It's goofy like Kid Dracula, Twinbee and Parodius, but it looks like a quite fun platformer.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Watch out, that game has protection too if you get a clone copy. I think if the title screen is altered, it jacks up the difficulty to near-if-not-impossible levels. (shorter time limit, one hit takes you to maximum fat level)
    (another game, Kid Dracula will make itself literally impossible by removing all non-player sprites except on level 1.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Not entirely sure I'll have to ask the guy. He goes by tracker on NA, American living in Taiwan, and he has a great selection of famiclones, multicarts, and asian stuff for other systems too. It wouldn't surprise me if it was airmail, and it was accepted on the 18th, at the post office/airport on the 21st, and then in the US on the 23rd at O'Hare and it shall sit there until they're motivated. It seems silly when it could arrive in 6 day (18th to 24th) if customs wouldn't do a sit and spin on it.
    Probably air mail. EMS is usually around 20$ for a small/meduim sized package.
    In my experience its a better idea to save up and buy a bunch of games at once and have them shipped EMS. One of the last things I ordered from Japan was a Saturn Virtua Stick in box, shipping was like 60$ EMS but it showed up 3 days after paying. I was like "whoa super fast".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

bb: Makes sense problem is it's hard to create a package when I'm all over the place on random stuff but if I could do a catch all I would.

The Penguin game, that one is an official one. I had no idea it had a death blow code hiding in there to punish badly made famiclones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well decided to wake this back up.

I've been on a little pick up mini flurry the last few days.

I grabbed that Yume Penguin Monogatari game with Daiku no Gen San, also Mitsume ga Tooru a few days earlier too, and Kyattou Ninden Teyandee yesterday evening. The Samurai Pizza Cats is notable to me, ebay for some reason gave me free money to use with a code ($15) which I accidentally noticed hiding at the bottom of a page (they never emailed me, check your account summary people as it ends May 2nd) so it was $18 shipped.

I can't wait to tear into these games, and the 3 Eyed Warrior game should be here today too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally my first 2 Famicom games arrived!

And Son of a Bitch, Gun Nac really becomes next to impossible at the last 2 stages, (Tough to be fair, unlike Zanac or even Guardian Legend, the difficluty in Gun Nac increases gradually, as it should been, heck at the beginning the game seems to easy, and very enjoyable).

I spent all of last night repeating the last stage until i gave up., and i never been able to get to the final boss 2nd form with more than 2 lifes

Does anyone knows if the No Death Mode, Bomb Converter works in the Japanese version?
    Last edited by Gatucaman; 05-18-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Good grabs, especially the non-localized Wai Wai World 2 as that game is just a fantastic platformer(more or less, has a few oddball stages.) Speaking of that, get a faq, one of the breakpoints in the game where you can choose one or the other level, one of them is a quiz so if you don't know Japanese you're dead.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good grabs, especially the non-localized Wai Wai World 2 as that game is just a fantastic plattaformer (more or less, has a few oddball stages.) Speaking of that, get a FAQ, one of the breakpoints in the game where you can choose one or the other level, one of them is a quiz so if you don't know Japanese you're dead.
    Well, I more or less gave a 7.8 to this game, it has some shitty levels, mainly the 1st level which is a scrolling level and is sloooooooooooooooow, (but it has in between a nice shooting mid-section).

Then there's the Baby Upa level, the 1st part is ok (i haven't seen a copy of the famicom cart version on Ebay) but is followed by a REALLY CRAPPY underwater vertical scrolling section, is too slow and it wasn't even "tested" (the vertical scrolling is the slowest you ever seen, there's barely any enemies, say if you start with Upa (the baby), he has a nice special animation for swimming, but there are no Change items, so it's still gonna run out, they had these items that only he can open, but with the slow scrolling and the lack of C Items, what's the point?, heck, there isn't even a Boss!)

And i HATE the Giant Gradius Boss Ship Stage!

Now, what i Really loved

* The Twin Bee Stages (Fuck damn, i love Twin Bee!)
    * The Contra Stage
    * The 1st Gradius Stage (and i don't even like Gradius on NES/Famicom, such broken game :P)
    * The Colorful Graphics (tough the graphics in the Goemon Stage, are............well some of them are bad (Let's just say, Graphic Background Tile Failure)
    * Playing as Bill Rizer (DA BEST, tough it sucks you cant shoot diagonal or crouch down at all XP)
    * The Soundtrack!
    * It's 2 Co-op!
    * The Frogger-Inspired stage before Dracula's Castle!
    * The Variety in stages, (The Twin Bee Vertical Shoot-em-up stages, which even has a Lode Runner section at the end of each one, The own unique Shumup mid stage in the 1st level (the rest of that level SUCKS!), the Gradius Stages, the Frogger Stage and...........well, the special game/quiz stage (which is impossible for me)

Overall the game is OK, but that's it, and i have already beat it.

Back to my question for Gun-Nac, do all the cheats work in the japanese version?.

One more thing, could we please keep this thread alive?, even if it is just to show off our collections or pick-ups for famicom (these 2 are my 2nd and 3rd REAL famicom games!, i used to have Famista 89, but, well, i got scammed by some douche who gave me a Multicart, that was a crappy 9999999999 in 1 multicart, that was really just 8 unique games!, but then again, never liked Famista 89)
    Last edited by Gatucaman; 05-19-2014 at 12:39 AM.