Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Counterfeit Sega CD games being sold on eBay and distributed by some shady website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    But I thought you claimed that GDG never did any licensing at all and that these were all bootlegs? Are you now retracting that statement and admitting that they did in fact have a licensing deal, although not with both rights holders? What about the game that prompted your ridiculous rant initially? Where is your proof that Battle Frenzy is unlicensed?
    But it doesn't matter, don't you see? He made a stink and found something, which means he was right about everything all along, even if he was wrong about what he was first babbling on about. It's the way things work with him and always has. Sad really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Quote Originally Posted by NinSEGA View Post
    Fixed.
    Don't go away mad....just go away!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Can't we ban this troll? All he's out to do is stir trouble.
    Dealing with trolls is the only way we get any activity around here these days, I say let him run free for a bit.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Original Stargate Contract concerning Bug Blasters & Star Strike

Okay, I usually ignore the "naysayers" but this person seems very aggressive and has been posting incorrect information in several places including Sega 16, Sega Age and the Sony website. I do not have accounts on those, but I can respond here. The GDG HH branded games are all released with the appropriate licensing when possible. The other games (such as the obvious NES repros) are games that we have purchased from others that we simply resell in very small quantities. I've attached the original Stargate Films contracts here, as I had them handy and in digital form already. Sony has no claims to these games, as they never paid Stargate a single penny and this was confirmed by our legal advisors at the time Jaeckle Fleischmann & Mugel, LLP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stargate Page 1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	7435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stargate Page 2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	7436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stargate Page 3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	7437  
    http://www.GoodDealGames.com
    Classic Gaming Interviews, Articles, News, Puzzles, Humor, Online Arcade, Game Publishing, Sales, WGDG Game Radio, Collectors List, Links, Chat, Release Lists, Fan Fiction, Token Museum & more... much more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomasson View Post
    Okay, I usually ignore the "naysayers" but this person seems very aggressive and has been posting incorrect information in several places including Sega 16, Sega Age and the Sony website. I do not have accounts on those, but I can respond here. The GDG HH branded games are all released with the appropriate licensing when possible. The other games (such as the obvious NES repros) are games that we have purchased from others that we simply resell in very small quantities. I've attached the original Stargate Films contracts here, as I had them handy and in digital form already. Sony has no claims to these games, as they never paid Stargate a single penny and this was confirmed by our legal advisors at the time Jaeckle Fleischmann & Mugel, LLP.
    Well, well, well. Looks like the plot thickens. What have you to say now, ninSEGA? Be happy that the guys over at GDG don't sue your @ss for defamation of character. As of this point, anything you say is a load of BS. You don't know what you are talking about and never did, period. You are a liar and the kind of scum that this community doesn't need. There's the proof on Star Strike for sure, in Black and White. If I were you, I'd just tuck my tail between my legs and move on before you really step in it. Might want to tell that guy from Sony, er, Phony that you have been talking to that he's full of crap too. By the way, "Sold Out" doesn't mean that they took it down for you. It means that they are Sold Out. As Nicholson said, Go sell Crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
    Last edited by T2KFreeker; 04-24-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomasson View Post
    Thanks a lot for sharing this document, Michael; it's great to know that you have an account here and that you are posting proof that may confuse potential customers.

Every 5 years you have to renew the license ?.

Cheers
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It sucks that you had to come out and show the proof, Michael, but it's something to put out the fires like this strangely motivated person is setting that could make future releases of similar titles even more difficult.

Do you have any insight as to why this joker is on a crusade against your company? It's strange this person targets yours.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, that is the initial contract. I had it handy, most of them are on paper and need to be scanned. I did find our initial contract for the 3DO games, as well, which I've attached. Most of our contracts are open-ended (no expiration date) as renewing is really just an unnecessary step with the small amount of sales that happen with these older games. I'll also note that no one at GDG has ever paid themselves. All income goes directly to fund the next project. We are a group of hobbyists and collectors and preservation is really our main interest of focus. Been doing this for over a decade and a half now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elite_Contract_Page_1 lowres.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	7438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elite_Contract_Page_2 lowres.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	7439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elite_Invoice low res.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	7440
    Classic Gaming Interviews, Articles, News, Puzzles, Humor, Online Arcade, Game Publishing, Sales, WGDG Game Radio, Collectors List, Links, Chat, Release Lists, Fan Fiction, Token Museum & more... much more.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do not have an account with Sega Age or Sony Online, but if anyone does and has the time, I would appreciate if you pointed to this Atari Age thread and mention that the accusations are false and that scans of some of the contracts are now online.

Here are the links to the other board topics:

http://community.everybodydancegame....d/m-p/21223317

http://segaage.com/forum/messageview...threadid=81364

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...129#post659129

I have signed up at Sega16 and am awaiting approval to be able to post a reply.
    I set up an account on the Sony website, but keep getting a technical response that the board is having technical difficulties.

In response the question: I do not know who he is, but I think that it may be in his best interest to contact me directly via e-mail.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already linked Sega-16 to this topic, but by all means, please join yourself too. It would give added weight. Not that anyone actually takes Ninsega seriously.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have purchased games through Good Deal Games, and he communicated clearly and well with me. I recommend him to all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The link to this thread is posted on Sega Age.

I boght my Smurfs at CGE and it was a good transaction with a nice bit of conversation.
    ~A Blog About Video Game Collecting~

http://gameover-johnny.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Can't seem to post on sony's site but I am using a stupid Surface. If no one links there I'll do it tonight on a real computer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Care to explain why Sony owns the rights to these?

http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignm...=&sno=74579863

http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignm...=&sno=74576253

You also never supplied proof that allows you to make CD-Rs of the Domark titles which are currently property of Square Enix, as well as Burning Fists which is owned by Sega and Citizen X which is owned by Hasbro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, and why did you remove The Smurfs, Johnny Mnemonic, and Time Cop from your website?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Care to explain why Sony owns the rights to these?

http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignm...=&sno=74579863

http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignm...=&sno=74576253

You also never supplied proof that allows you to make CD-Rs of the Domark titles which are currently property of Square Enix, as well as Burning Fists which is owned by Sega and Citizen X which is owned by Hasbro.
    I just posted this on Atari Age, but since you keep spreading your lies and garbage, I will repost it here.

The fact that you linked to a trademark database is really just more proof that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Not only that, but both trademarks are dead and have been since 1996.

http://tmsearch.uspt...4804:eit7xh.2.8

http://tmsearch.uspt...804:eit7xh.3.11

More importantly, whether or not Sony has a valid and active trademark on the names has nothing to do with the underlying product which is under copyright. Since Sony never paid the developer for the product and therefore never obtained the rights to distribute the games, Sony would have a very difficult time claiming that the developer licensing those games to a third party (in this case Good Deal Games) violated a copyright which Sony never held. Frankly, you need to stop and stop now as you are literally completely wrong and doing serious damage to a respected company in the collecting and gaming community and potentially creating problems for other companies licensing and selling niche games from defunct publishers and developers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I just posted this on Atari Age, but since you keep spreading your lies and garbage, I will repost it here.

The fact that you linked to a trademark database is really just more proof that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Not only that, but both trademarks are dead and have been since 1996.

http://tmsearch.uspt...4804:eit7xh.2.8

http://tmsearch.uspt...804:eit7xh.3.11

More importantly, whether or not Sony has a valid and active trademark on the names has nothing to do with the underlying product which is under copyright. Since Sony never paid the developer for the product and therefore never obtained the rights to distribute the games, Sony would have a very difficult time claiming that the developer licensing those games to a third party (in this case Good Deal Games) violated a copyright which Sony never held. Frankly, you need to stop and stop now as you are literally completely wrong and doing serious damage to a respected company in the collecting and gaming community and potentially creating problems for other companies licensing and selling niche games from defunct publishers and developers.
    Doesn't explain why he has stopped selling Star Strike, The Exterminators, and the budget release of The Exterminators. From what I recall, the budget release of The Exterminators would always be available (with a $19.75 price tag) but now it has mysteriously changed to "SOLD OUT".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could Senator McCarthy get back in his grave, please?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Doesn't explain why he has stopped selling Star Strike, The Exterminators, and the budget release of The Exterminators. From what I recall, the budget release of The Exterminators would always be available (with a $19.75 price tag) but now it has mysteriously changed to "SOLD OUT".
    No, but it shows that clearly you know nothing about what you are making claims about. What kind of moronic idiot doesn't understand the difference between a trademark and a copyright? The answer would be you.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

This topic has been a wild ride, haha.

This is going to be a constant back-and-forth I see, so I'm just going to leave one last post for this thread and let people make their own judgement.

I will not post anymore in this thread.
    So much for that, eh?