Thread: Zaxxon Escape

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Thumbs up Zaxxon Escape

I just downloaded Zaxxon Escape for Android and I must say, "It's a good game!" As you might guess from the name it is the sequel to Zaxxon. The premise is that you have taken out Zaxxon's base and now must escape the encroaching flames of destruction from the explosion you set off at the core.

There's no story other than this premise. There's no goal other than setting the highest score possible. And for old-school gamers, that's all we need.

You can collect coins in the corridors as you fly your escape. This cash can then be turned in for power-ups, enhancements, and other unlockables from within the game. Really fun, straight-forward, good times.

The controls are simple. Tilt the phone/tablet to align your spaceship with the opening in the corridors so you don't crash. Occasionally you'll encounter a fork in the road (the direction you choose doesn't matter). Here you'll need to swipe in time toward the direction you want to fly. Sometimes you'll encounter an enemy, obstacle, or power-up which you'll need to shoot by tapping the screen. Aiming is automatic so just concern yourself with the timing.

What's your high score?

Zaxxon Escape on Google Play - Zaxxon Escape on Amazon.com's Appstore
    Nice review of Zaxxon Escape with an integrated copy of the original Zaxxon arcade commercial
    Last edited by Nz17; 03-29-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: added icon

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

Interesting idea. It's nice that Zaxxon is still being thought about 30 years later. If I ever get my hands on some Android software, I'll have to give that a look.