Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who still has their superscope?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default who still has their superscope?

i do and it still works,to bad their werent to many games for it ,i have 2 the superscope game that came with it,and yoshies safari,which both can be fun,but funner with other people playing...and it does NOT work on any tv other than CRT tv,i cudnt get it to work ,and i tried on 2 lcd screens...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have one complete in the box I wrangled last year at a flea market for $10. I've used it a couple times last year when I had a spare AC adapter I could use on my NES Sharp TV since as you noted, it won't work on a LCD. I don't have a spare plug now and undoing the wiring for where the SNES is right now just isn't worth the struggle. I want to use it, so if I can get another legit first party plug I'll play it.

Just to note there were more than just a couple games that worked with it, some were just covert about it. All these games work:

Battle Clash
    Bazooka Blitzkrieg
    The Hunt for Red October (used for bonus games)
    Lamborghini American Challenge (features a Super Scope-exclusive mode)
    Lemmings 2: The Tribes (for calibration: quickly aim at the crosshair when the game starts)
    Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
    Operation Thunderbolt
    Super Scope 6 (bundled with the hardware)
    T2: The Arcade Game
    Tin Star
    X-Zone
    Yoshi's Safari

The variety is definitely there to be worth having it if you're into gun games as the library is comparable in size to what the NES had.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I still have yet to buy and experience this one. I am interested though mainly because of Yoshi's Safari. Sure I can play it on Wii with a Wiimote but it would be great to experience it as intended.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one, used it twice. It takes up a lot of collection space for what it does for my gaming. I'll probably sell it or trade it.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I have one complete in the box I wrangled last year at a flea market for $10. I've used it a couple times last year when I had a spare AC adapter I could use on my NES Sharp TV since as you noted, it won't work on a LCD. I don't have a spare plug now and undoing the wiring for where the SNES is right now just isn't worth the struggle. I want to use it, so if I can get another legit first party plug I'll play it.

Just to note there were more than just a couple games that worked with it, some were just covert about it. All these games work:

Battle Clash
    Bazooka Blitzkrieg
    Lemmings 2: The Tribes (for calibration: quickly aim at the crosshair when the game starts)
    Operation Thunderbolt
    Tin Star
    X-Zone
    Yoshi's Safari

The variety is definitely there to be worth having it if you're into gun games as the library is comparable in size to what the NES had.

oh ok cool stuff,i was completely unaware of that many games,haha,but i do now

i actually havent used mine very much either,but when i have friends over,it is really fun playng some of the superscope games,where the missles and planes come from the side f the screen,very fun...

yoshies safari,is a fun game,it was actually pretty easy,only prob i had with it was timing the jump,it took me quite a few times at first to get the hang of it,but it works well with the super scope,

thx for yalls responses

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    I still have yet to buy and experience this one. I am interested though mainly because of Yoshi's Safari. Sure I can play it on Wii with a Wiimote but it would be great to experience it as intended.
    Personally I think Yoshi's Safari is a very boring, weak game. Its very easy if I remember it.
    The Super Scope is worth owning, but only for Battleclash and Metal Combat. Both are excellent games. I kinda think that all the other games playable with the super scope are all mediocre titles. Its worth it for Battleclash though.
    The thing takes 6 AA batteries, and if you dont turn the scope off when not in use it will drain the battery life super fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Or, you could modify it to run off a power supply that you plug into the wall. I know a guy who did that.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you're looking to sell it, they've gone up in value in the last year complete in the box. They used to be mostly worthless as they eat up space, but now they seem to have become desirable.

I do agree the pack-in game set is really solid and the two battle robot games (battleclash and metal combat) are excellent titles, but there are others really worth playing. Operation Thunderbolt is very solid, the sequel to Operation Wolf (Arcade/NES.) The T2 the Arcade Game plays like the arcade game using the SS6 instead of a crappy controller. TinStar also is a screwy one that works well with it, and the mouse, and the controller as it has like 3 gameplay models in one package. I've also been told that the X-Zone game is a real trip and has some nice mode7 visuals to back up the package. I can't speak for the others but I'd have to wonder if Bazooke Blitzkrieg is any fun as the robot on the cover reminds of those Zaku units from Gundam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thse first 2 games you mentioned,i did look at those,super cheap on amazon,used of course,but T2?ive never heard of that game for snes,cant believe it,that sounds like an awesome game to use it with,i had a T2 game for gamegear way back wen and it was fun ,so i can imagine how fun that game would be,haha awesome

if i can keep from spending all my money on vices,i cud afford alot of these games used off ebay and amazon,oh ive got many a prob in that department,but i do love old games
    Last edited by RoleyDre; 03-04-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I have one of these, with a few games. I haven't used it that much, but the games were good enough for me to keep the thing. Otherwise I would have sold it to clear out more space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I have one of these, with a few games. I haven't used it that much, but the games were good enough for me to keep the thing. Otherwise I would have sold it to clear out more space.
    i know man,i cant bring myselfto get rid of it,i just like it t much ,and i dont play it that much,i wanna try and get few more games for it ,gotta save some money though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    ...I am interested though mainly because of Yoshi's Safari. Sure I can play it on Wii with a Wiimote but it would be great to experience it as intended.
    Yeah... I "played" Yoshi's Safari with a wiimote a week or so ago and it was a miserable experience. I have a Super Scope someone gave me, but it lacks the sensor. I suppose I should haggle over the price for the sensor that a vendor has at the flea market. $10 is just a bit too much for an accesory for something that I'm not sure works in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I've never tried, but since the Super Scope uses a sensor unlike the Zapper or Justifier, can the SS be used on an HDTV?
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    I've never tried, but since the Super Scope uses a sensor unlike the Zapper or Justifier, can the SS be used on an HDTV?
    it cannot,or i cudlnt get it to work on the 2 i have ,i have a toshiba lcd and an lg led lcd,and i cudnt get it to work...only on a crt tv did it work...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have it somewhere, its buried in my closet and it will take a hassle to take that sucker out. I think its fun for what it is. I had a luittle trouble with accuracy on my tv. It was a CRT but flat screened. Its one of those silver tvs that I see every Youtuber has in their retro room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaKat View Post
    I have it somewhere, its buried in my closet and it will take a hassle to take that sucker out. I think its fun for what it is. I had a luittle trouble with accuracy on my tv. It was a CRT but flat screened. Its one of those silver tvs that I see every Youtuber has in their retro room.
    yea i have a tube flatscreen to,they do look sharper than regular ones,i dont think ive tried it on that one,i have 4 tube tvs for football season ,plus my 2 lcds,so i always have a tube tv handy ready to go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post

Battle Clash
    Bazooka Blitzkrieg
    Operation Thunderbolt
    Tin Star
    X-Zone
    Yoshi's Safari

Plus it's by far the most nerd-tacular light gun I can think of. I mean, it's like a bazooka. Totally freakin' awesome! I've been so tempted to make a gun rack for it on many occasions. Seems like the best way to store it :P

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I still have the one I bought new. box is a little worn though.
    I think I pumped a few hours into Metal Combat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man i need to get metal combat,twice its been mentioned,haha,and i def wanna find that T2 game,...

i think it is just awesome looking,big ass bazooka that sit on your shoulder,love that thing,and my friends think its insane lookin too,haha

found T2 on amazon used for 7 bucks shipped,ive had pretty good success in getting games online,i read that few people like to get them from thrift stores and stuff,not hardly any those round here so im out of luck in that respect
    Last edited by RoleyDre; 03-05-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The T2 game I've watched video of, it's basically a conversion of the T2 arcade cabinet, the big one with the mounted Uzis on the base where you unload on anything robotic on ground or in the air.