Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reasons to Buy a PS4 or Xbox One

Insert Coin (Level 0) nickerous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am with you, OP. The only game that i want to play of a next gen machine is Infamous. The only other reason for me to get a PS4 now is the remote play with the vita. Not enough reasons to drop over $400 right now.

Plus, we all know there will be a revision to the pS4 hardware. I may wait to see what that looks like before buying one. Probably in 2 or 3 years.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Words iManifest View Post
    I'll start and come right out with it, I'm a Xbox fanboy. I absolutely loved my PS1 but waited on the PS2 once I heard Microsoft was making a console. I Bought it as soon as it came out just as I did with the 360, skipping the PS2 and 3 (eventually got those but years later). So I already knew where my heart lay for the next (current) generation when the Xbox One was announced and even all the DRM crap didn't deter me. Now, I've been doing pretty well for myself the last few years so I decided to get a little spicy and not only pre order the Xbox One but the PS4 too.

I can honestly say after extensive time with both (actually all three consoles, got a Wii U as a Christmas/birthday gift last year), the PS4 is hands down and far away the superior console, at least for me. The controller feels amazing, the UI is fast and smooth, the chat work great, the dashboard is clean, the install times are always no longer than 2-3 minutes, everything so far runs in 1080, my expensive Xbox360 headset works on it no problem without any adapter or modifications, incedibly solid in every aspect.

The Xbox One UI clunky, menus suck to navigate, the controller feels looser and the shoulder button positioning sucks compared to the perfect 360 one, they ruined chat, Kinect voice works maybe 25% of the time in a quiet room (I turned all Kinect stuff off), install times are like 15 to 20 minutes for all games, nothing runs in 1080 really yet. My friends and I have to call each other and try to figure out how to navigate and find certain things together, geez, I could go on. I mean, technically it plays the games once they are installed but that's about all I can say about it. I don't have cable so I can't comment on that part but why would you want to do that anyway ? My friend Ron is already on his second Xbox One as his "Day One" crapped out last week...at least he said it was painless and fast to get it replaced.

With all that out of the way I would wholly recommend the PS4 but it really comes down to what games you like because at the base level, they both perform that task just fine (after the hour install time on the One, lol). The Wii U wins out by a landslide though if we're talking about play time, Super Mario, Super Mario 3D, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker, Wonderfull 101, Lego Undercover...so colorful, so cheerful and so much fun. A shame the bad rap it gets because while it may not be as powerful or flashy it makes up for it with that great childlike fun factor that you can only get with Nintendo.
    My friend had a xbone and sold it cuz he hated it. I love my 360, I play it all the time, I have zero regrets, but I'm leaning more towards ps4 cuz it's a more powerful system, and it's been said to be easiest to develop for, meaning the most 3rd party heavy.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

I have a beautiful PS4 gathering dust next to the Saturn I've been playing.
    There is only one reason to buy a PS4 or XBONE: It has a game you want to play today.
    The PS4 marketplace is practically empty: http://goo.gl/QLO3ya
    If you have a real reason to buy it, I'm happy for you. I'm going to give mine a little more time before I buy another game because I haven't enjoyed what I've bought so far. (Tomb Raider and Need for Speed.)

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker View Post
    I have a beautiful PS4 gathering dust next to the Saturn I've been playing.
    There is only one reason to buy a PS4 or XBONE: It has a game you want to play today.
    The PS4 marketplace is practically empty: http://goo.gl/QLO3ya
    If you have a real reason to buy it, I'm happy for you. I'm going to give mine a little more time before I buy another game because I haven't enjoyed what I've bought so far. (Tomb Raider and Need for Speed.)
    The Saturn with the right games is way more impressive than the PS4/XBox One right now. Saturn from 1995-1998 was a beast of a system with imports included. I imagine the Saturn has way more fun to provide than the current state of next generation consoles and games.
    Last edited by GhostDog; 03-26-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have all 3 next gen systems and do enjoy each of them equally. They all have their faults and their own great innovations. It all boils down to if you can afford it and if there are more than one game on the system that you would enjoy playing.

I play my older consoles more than I do my newer ones simply because they can't make games that I want to play fast enough for the systems. My suggestion would be get on you tube or twitch and watch gameplay of the games that you are considering for the system you want and then decide if it is worth dropping that kind of money on it.

Best of luck in your decision .

Bioshockfan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only real reason to get a PS4/XOne is Destiny! That game looks amazing esp on PS4

Other than that, I don't think it's worth getting right now until September.. But then again Destiny is on the older platforms too doh! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I got both systems right at launch, and they both are unnecessary right now. NBA 2K14 on next-gen is really, really nice, but only if you have a roommate or something, that you're always going to be playing. Other than NBA 2K14, nothing has really blown me away with it's "Next-Gen-ness", but inFamous Second Son sure looks purdy on a really big plasma. Sucker Punch did a lot of nice things with the lighting and reflections in that game. It's pretty obvious that they wanted to try to do every graphical effect they could possibly think of. Some of them work better than others, but the game is definitely a stunning game visually, if nothing else.

Only thing on Xbox One that's really impressed me is the graphics of Ryse. Ryse is right there with everything on PS4, except inFamous. NBA 2K14 is outstanding on both systems, but flows slightly better on PS4.

Other than that, next-gen has been a yawner as far as I'm concerned. Nothing super compelling. Still waiting for a really legit system selling game on either platform.

Also, if anybody is thinking of buying an Xbox One, don't even think of paying more than $350 for one. You can get one on Craigslist pretty easily for around $350, even with games included. Makes me almost want to buy a second one. ALMOST.