Hi everyone,

Aside from the introduction post, this is my first real post here, so I hope I'm doing it correctly.
I've been living in the countryside of Saitama for about 6 years now, and on the weekends I tend to drive around and go shopping.
A lot of times I come upon used stores. Most of these stories have a gaming section, and more often than not, a retro gaming one.

Often times I'll see games in the showcases that I have no idea about, but they seem to be rare. I wonder if it's rare just in Japan, or worldwide as well?
I've thought about buying them and selling them on eBay or something, but I have no idea if anyone is even interested or what they're really worth.
For example, the other day I saw a copy of Vampire Killer (Castlevania Bloodlines?) for the Megadrive for 15,000 yen. When I checked eBay, the titles for sale were going for more than $300!
But when I checked the sold auctions, the only one went for about $50. So it's hard to tell what games are going for.

I generally only know about Super Famicom or Famicom games, so when I see racks and racks of things like PC Engine Games, loose HuCards and Famicom Disk System agmes, Sega Saturn or PC-FX games, I have no idea what to do with them or where I should be looking! A lot of these stores have tons of games in the back just collecting dust. I see weird things I've never heard of like Super Cassette Vision, Panasonic Gamecubes, Nintendo Block Kuzushis, or Hello Kitty Dreamcasts. I have no idea why copies of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker are 6000 yen here.

Is anyone in the same position as me, feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that is out there? And is there anyway of knowing what rare finds I should be looking for that aren't specific to each system? It seems like I'm not taking advantage of my time here as a game fan, but maybe I'm just rambling!