Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    Got the pc version myself. I'm able to play it with a qanba stick using xpadder and it works pretty well. However, hard pogo is really particular and doesn't work as well as it did on the nes. Try turning off hard pogo. It's a lot more forgiving.

And yes the constant breaks in the action for dialogue are annoying. Do we really need a cut scene every time I pick up an object? This is a gripe I have with modern gaming in general. Interrupting the action too frequently for gratuitous reasons makes a game unbearable. That said, at least the dialogue is amusing and well-written/performed. There's just too much of it.
    Hope they release a patch with a no cinematic option. its fun to hear the cast the first time you play, but after its just plain annoying. Just on the amazon level scrooge describes every fuckin coin he picks up, etc., its just too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone else's system frozen up while playing the game? I'm playing the Wii U version, and whenever I'm in the leader boards and I try to look at the most total money category...the entire system freezes and crashes, and I have to unplug it just to get it to shut off. I've read this has been happening to other people as well. The system also froze one time in the actual game, when I tried to skip a cutscene.

I've read reports of the PS3 version of the game freezing as well...sometimes right before a boss, or right when you beat a level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I beat the Gameboy version all the time even on difficult, I haven't beat the NES version yet. I had the Gameboy version a lot longer than the NES version, I personally like it more.
    I think the only difference between "normal" and "difficult" was that the invincibility coins were taken out, but there were only two or three of those to begin with.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Way forward's games always get trashed by the 23 year olds writing reviews these days. Double dragon got all the same criticisms, and it's awesome.

I don't get why no one wants to be challenged by games anymore. I still enjoy developing skills as I play a game. The sense of accomplishment is what makes it worthwhile.

People griped about mirrors edge too for the same reason. They wanna watch, not play. It makes no sense to me.
    The sad part is that this game was dumbed down from the NES version; it's not as hard. If I remember the NES version correctly, the Extreme playthrough is the closest match to the original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For those of you that were so irritated that a few dared to wait in the hope of a retail release of this game, it sure doesn't look like a bad strategy now.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/18/du...l-november-12/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I saw that for sale in Target just last week, actually.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Those have been on the shelve at my local Wallmart for a tad over a month now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It was only announced a month ago and the release date for this disc version is November 12th. So I suspect what you two have seen was the PS3 collector's edition which only contains a download voucher.

Note the "Digital Copy Only" notice at the top right of the case insert.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-20-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Those have been on the shelve at my local Wallmart for a tad over a month now.
    Incorrect. That's the voucher version which Walmart carried. The disc version will be out on the 12th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh! Oops.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Incorrect. That's the voucher version which Walmart carried. The disc version will be out on the 12th.
    Does...does the voucher version have a filler disk in it for effect or novelty? Cause the one my friend bought and opened in front of me two weeks ago came with a printed disk and he just told me the game runs from it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Does...does the voucher version have a filler disk in it for effect or novelty? Cause the one my friend bought and opened in front of me two weeks ago came with a printed disk and he just told me the game runs from it.
    Nope. Your friend might have purchased a press or promo copy as like I said, this isn't commercially released until November 12th and the only disc versions out there right now are press and promo copies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was a kid I could breeze through DuckTales like it wasn't no thang. I beat the game on difficult with the best ending at age 10. It's totally doable. The COD generation are wusses.
    Duck Tales is also a SUPER easy game, so don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    The sad part is that this game was dumbed down from the NES version; it's not as hard. If I remember the NES version correctly, the Extreme playthrough is the closest match to the original.
    Extreme difficulty is wayyy harder than Hard mode on the NES game. Ducktales on NES (generally speaking) is a very easy game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This released today.

Have any versions of this been patched yet? It's a shame with a patch underway that allows you to bypass many of the cutscenes on the second play through and addresses other issues that what's likely on these discs is the pre-patch version.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-12-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Would be nice if they actually completed games prior to releasing them. Day one or early patches happen way too often.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If anyone wants a pin, Target has an exclusive WiiU version on disc that comes with the pin for $20. The Xbox 360 and PS3 disc version don't come with a pin unfortunately. Also, Target is running their B2G1 sale, so you can save even more if you find a couple other $20 games you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got the Wii U one, thankfully unknowing from Target to get the cool pin taped in a bag in there. I find the difficulty on easy to be more difficult than the standard difficulty of the NES game. It's a solid title that's for sure, the script is a blast adding some fun depth, and I like the new things to get to unlock the way to the boss along with some added hidden areas too. It gets a tad annoying with some of the rambling done picking up minor objects (especially coins in the amazon with so many of them (8).) Thankfully they added this nice skip cutscene bit that keeps the pacing of the game rolling along, and using the dough to unlock a heap of extra art, music, and original cartoon stuff is just slick.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Thankfully they added this nice skip cutscene bit that keeps the pacing of the game rolling along, and using the dough to unlock a heap of extra art, music, and original cartoon stuff is just slick.
    Is it prepatched or did you have to install a patch when starting to use this feature?
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not entirely sure. I put the game in and instantly it said it needed a patch, but as fast as that popped up it was patched. The only delay I had was a system update I had been skipping recently that took like 10~ minutes. So yes and no since it needed a patch but it appears the patch is either on disc or so damned small there was no delay in getting it and having it applied that I never saw a download screen for it.