Thread: Report: 'Capcom Arcade Cabinet' coming to PSN, XBLA [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Report: 'Capcom Arcade Cabinet' coming to PSN, XBLA [Joystiq]

Information out of the latest issue of Famitsu reveals Capcom Arcade Cabinet, a downloadable PS3/Xbox app through which Capcom arcade games will be sold. The app itself will be free, and includes a starter pack with one free game, producer Kenji Kataoka told Famitsu.

The only game specifically announced is Black Tiger, a side-scrolling action game from 1987 (and immediate proof that the app is worthwhile). Beyond pure arcade gameplay, Capcom Arcade Cabinet also includes "several modes" to adjust difficulty. "For example, you can adjust the strength of your attacks, the range of collision detection, and so forth," Kataoka said, as translated by Polygon. "This allows you to engage in training, and we've got support for turbo buttons and arcade sticks as well. I was able to use these functions to reach the ending on pretty much all of the games [we have planned], so they're great for people who were annoyed they couldn't beat them back then."

Capcom Arcade Cabinet is due to be announced in full on February 7.Report: 'Capcom Arcade Cabinet' coming to PSN, XBLA originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like mine better. (on the right)