Hey guys,

New to the board. Looking through posts, I'm hoping there's enough knowledge and expertise on here to help me out!

Has anyone ever heard this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpk-NAlU5Lw

Apparently...Nintendo released a proto-version of Tetris for the Game Boy in the US and Japan. Tetris version 1.0 has "23" stamped on the cartridge and was produced in extremely limited quantities offering several differences to the standard print. Known differences include the A-TYPE song, a different level-up system and apparently the scoring is slightly changed in this version as well. According to a couple of sites I've found online, only a handful are known to exist.

Differences against v1.1 also include:

-Version 1.0 requires you to score 20 lines on Level 9 to proceed to Level 10. This was changed for Version 1.1 to 100 lines.
-Version 1.0 has a much shorter copyright screen, lasting only three seconds. The copyright screen in Version 1.1 lasts for ten seconds, though pressing Start after six seconds will go to the title screen.
-Different Level-up sound also used for entering the next screen. A different version of the 1.1 level-up jingle exist, and was intended to be used, but was likely changed at the last minute.
-Accessing unused level-up jingle found in Version 1.0, can be granted by using the Game Genie code 084-F5D-E62 which will replace the current level-up sound.

Something tells me this is known by so few people, that it's yet to even be considered "rare".

I'm just wondering if any of you have ever come across such a thing and if so, what you think it might be worth?

Cheers,
RNB