Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Anyone can program a one of a kind game in their basement, one of a kind doesn't mean shit for value. Some kid's random refrigerator art isn't as valuable as a numbered limited edition lithograph from a well known/respected artist. Where does the quality of your game fall under?
    Are you saying that you would rather own a sealed Duck Hunt cartridge over the unreleased one of a kind Socks prototype?

Not talking about reselling just owning.

Imagine you could find one of these items at a flee market for $10 but would not resell it. You can only have one so which one would you pick?

I'm not trying to bait you. I'm really curious which one you would rather own.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    Are you saying that you would rather own a sealed Duck Hunt cartridge over the unreleased one of a kind Socks prototype?

Imagine you could find one of these items at a flee market for $10 but would not resell it. You can only have one so which one would you pick?

Not for owning, just for reselling. I'd rather have some unique prototype to keep, as long as the game was playable. Even if this Socks proto was priced at $200 I wouldn't buy it to keep, that's too much money to spend on a single game. For $10, yeah I'd keep it. That's pretty much my limit on SNES games.

Even for games worth hundreds, if I found a copy for $50 I'd keep it until I found a cheaper one. Then I'd sell the more expensive one to recoup the money. I wouldn't be done until I found a cheaper one to keep, I just don't like spending much on games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

I'd go with the duck hunt. Prototypes are cool, but I would want something I could easily turn a profit on. There's a bigger market for duck hunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They have seen quite a few fakes and it is not as easy as you think. Not only does the plastic have to be just right so does the cardboard and the weight. A black box game opened just once cracks the black paint.
    Oh, I know it's no easy task. Those guys on Nintendo Age know how every seam should run, how every corner should bunch, how thick the shrink wrap should be, how snugly it should cling to the box, etc.

I'm not saying I could make a perfect fake, but it's a LOT easier than it was just 10 years ago for an amateur to get away with something like that (most of the time). You could arguably use the info that the Nintendo Age guys provide against them. They very publicly call out fakes and site the correct info about packaging while doing so. If a bootlegger were at all savvy, then they'd be keeping an eye on such communities for exactly that kind of info.

I guess I'm really just concerned that it may become a larger issue than it already is, and it could serve to saturate the market of sealed games as well as its potential to bring negative attention to game collecting, which could lead to new laws and legislature regarding the sale of used and new-used games. It's already a touchy subject, and the big 3 HATE used game sales (Sony especially, based on what I've read).

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfuzion View Post
    Friend, there is no reason to project your own shortcomings in life on to me in the form of such vile anger. Let's breakdown your name wiggyx, whats the meaning of it? Is it a acronym? The Middle name of a past girlfriend? A Cry for help? Let's disregard the X at the end and pretend you added that because you were having a drunken nostalgia trip over the early 2000's. So basically what we are left with is wiggy.

You used 3 words in your verbal assault against me, the 3rd letter in the alphabet is C. C is the creative force coordinated and communicated through words. The first 2 images that show up in google when i type wiggy are "You can touch my wiggy" and "Ask me about my wiggy" so I'm guessing your name was created under the rationale that no one would know it was you talking about your penis unless they were part of a homosexual underground movement. And that your verbal assault against me was just an underlying agenda to secretly try and get me to sleep with you. Well my friend while I have no qualms with your life choice I have to respectably decline your sexual advances.
    We are not friends. But, if you'll touch my wiggy, I think we could work something out

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    Edit: Fuck it, I couldn't be bothered at this point.
    It has become a tad overwhelming...
    Last edited by wiggyx; 04-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.