Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volition's Jameson Durall says banning pre-owned games is "fantastic" [Escapist]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Most games don't warrant a 60 dollar purchase price and I've been burned far too many times to take a chance on every game that peaks my interest. I'm not really sure why publishers haven't either figured that out yet or still deny this but for me at least, its largely why I go to the used market for relatively recent releases. I'm not really sure why publishers haven't either figured that out yet or still deny this but for me at least, its largely why I go to the used market for relatively recent releases.
    I always bring up the example of Wanted. It's a 5-7 hour game(at best) with no multiplayer and no real incentive to play thru a second time unless you are achievement hunting. Why the hell did they charge $60 for that? That was rhetorical but regardless of how many years a game took to make or how many people worked on it that need to be paid, all games are not AAA games and do not deserve a $60 price tag. Wanted and atleast 40% of everything else released this gen shouldn't have been priced that high. And to your other point, developers actually do know this but none of them want to be the first to say "we are only charging $30 for our new release game because it's a single-player-only less than 7 hour experience with no real reason to ever replay it".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    It could worse: they could be talking about a console that only supports digital downloads.
    I think the PSPGo drove that bus to a complete stop.....atleast for the immediate future.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Oh don't worry, PC gaming already has you covered. Most titles that even get a boxed release now require you to sign up to a service or something to actually play your game. I like the crazy steam deals and convenience but it still bothers me on the rare occasion that I buy a boxed PC game that it requires me to login to play the game I just installed on my HD.

But really I replied to ask why your post includes your exact coordinates?
    I think tapatalk is doing that, I should turn it off.

And I've totally noticed all the drm in my pc games, for sure. But I wonder... When u activate the cd key, can the disc be reinstalled later or is it essentially junk after that?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.989689,-118.229796