Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
Thrift stores are just evil, what with how they encourage people to reuse and recycle and save money too.
You forgot helping charities, that's apparently another evil that needs to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by AceAerosmith View Post
Blaming Gamestop is like blaming a used car dealership. People trade something in and they resell it again and make a nice profit. But you don't see the auto industry up in arms.
I never really got this analogy, car manufacturers still get money as they sell replacement parts for those older cars. And it's not like that 3 year old car you're trading in is still being sold new. It's like complaining that someone is trading in a copy of Halo 1 to buy a copy of Halo 3, but they're actually complaining about people selling or trading in Halo 3 when Halo 3 is still a new release. I don't think developers deserve a cut on used games but this example just doesn't work as a comparison. Used books are a better example, but I don't hear many people complaining about used book stores or libraries either.

I read through the original blog post, I found it funny that he claimed to always buy new games off Amazon so he doesn't have to pay tax on them. Is paying developers somehow better than paying taxes? I thought taxes helped pay for infrastructure and public services, it seems like it would be better to buy a used copy locally and pay taxes than buy a new copy online without paying taxes.