Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
If they believe Gamestop's used sales are hurting them, what's going to stop them from blaming brick n' mortal stores like Digital Press?
If they believe Digital Press's used sales are hurting them, what's going to stop them from blaming ad sites like Craigslist?
If they believe Craiglist ads are hurting them, what's going to stop them from blaming Game forums and trade sites like here?
If they believe Gaming forums are hurting them, what's going to stop them from blaming every gamer that trades, borrows, sells, and every method that doesn't involve buying new games?

When you put Gamestop on trial for used game sales, you put all of us on trial.
If you read my posts more carefully, you'd see that my argument is clearly more sophisticated than "used games = bad". In fact, I think people buying and selling/donating used goods is a wonderful thing because it's far less wasteful than the materialistic urge to constantly blow through money buying brand new stuff and trashing anything you're tired of, and this was evident from my first post in this topic. It's not about putting anybody on trial for selling a used product; it's about the fact that the biggest retailer of brand new games is the same retailer that actively tries to convince consumers to pass on a new game, even if they walked into the store with the intent to buy new, and go for the used copy. Of course GameStop can continue to sell used games, but I don't see why anyone would be opposed to them slightly tweaking their policies to be more fair to the consumer and publisher alike. With Digital Press, I don't know if they make more on used or new, but I do know they pay more for trade-ins so they're not making quite as huge of a profit margin and aren't taking advantage of the consumer to the same extent.

And publishers aren't going to go after any of those because those don't put a dent into sales like GameStop does. It's apples and oranges. You're talking about small independent shops and individuals. And with those, the used sales generally aren't anywhere near as close to launch as with GameStop.