Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Seriously? You should be embarassed, not bragging. Returning an opened game that you didn't like is not within any store's policy, nor is returning a copy of Win95 that your system wasn't capable of running. The items weren't defective, you just didn't do a little bit of homework to figure out if what you were buying was right for you. As a consumer you have to take some responsibility for not being a complete moron. While Best Buy and other stores can be very inflexible and I have had my share of issues with their policies, it makes me sick to see some of the abusive things consumers try to get away with when the store is in no way responsible. It also raises prices for all of us as the stores aren't taking the losses and not passing them on to consumers.
    As a target employee and the boyfriend of a girl that works at the service desk at target I strongly agree with you bojay. Zing you have no respect for people working in retail, were all people and everyone deserves a certain level of respect, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've discovered that if you order/preorder the item online from Best Buy the physical store that is supposed to be holding your copies cares nothing for you. The only reason I can think of is that they must consider you some sort of parasite for buying from Best Buy, but not giving the store the sales count/money directly.

Not to turn this into a a Best Buy Bitch thread, but let me relate my story of when I preordered the Skyward Sword Special Edition bundle from Best Buy a good couple months in advance when they has plenty of them and were still accepting preorders. I go in the day of release to pick it up and they inform me they have no copies in stock, I relate that there should be at least one since I paid for my copy in full 3 months ago. They hemmed and hawwed for a good 15 minutes looking for it until they finally found a copy, but refused to give me the $10 gift card for buying the game that was clearly advertised in the Sunday flyer. Eventually I was able to get my copy and my $10 gift card, but they never went out of their way to help unless I really started pushing.

Contrast that with when my wife pre-ordered FFXIII-2 from them at the exact same store. Day of release we walked in, picked up the copy, and walked out in like 5 minutes total.